Trading page is messed up

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Trading page is messed up

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:53 am

This has been fixed now, thanks for the report!
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Nick wrote:This has been fixed now, thanks for the report!

Yep indeed, very good, it works again..., a Big Thanks...!

@Nick, care to share some (more/Tech) Info/Explanation about how you caused/solved it...?
(I would be interested because 'StackOverflow' has had the Pb (on their own Site) for more than one year but still haven't been able to solve it, ah-ah...!!)

=> Preferably in this "other" Parallel Thread (of mine) that you missed... (which contains some Tech Info about impacted Envs/Browsers + possible Cause)... :o :( :shock: :cry: :P
- Re: [SOLVED] Trading: 'Add Pets/Items/C$' Buttons disappeared!
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 pm

The problem was that I accidentally used modern JavaScript code which Safari on iOS 9 was too old to read (the => function operator and the "let" operator).

Various websites will slowly start using these new code features more as older browsers that don't understand them die out. Pretty much everything on desktop computers now supports these.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Nick wrote:The problem was that I accidentally used modern JavaScript code which Safari on iOS 9 was too old to read (the => function operator and the "let" operator).

Various websites will slowly start using these new code features more as older browsers that don't understand them die out. Pretty much everything on desktop computers now supports these.

Ah..., OK, you prefer in this Thread... (I'll put a Quote in "my" Thread...)

But OK, woaw!, Quick Reply, ah-ah...! OK, Thanks of course... :o :D

Well, like I mentioned in my Thread, Safari on iOS9 is not the only (older) Browser impacted, but PM26 ('Pale Moon') that I use as my Default Browser also (on Win10_x64_Pro).

OK, about "(the => function operator and the "let" operator)", I still don't understand "completely", I only see a final '#' on URL's for Buttons on 'SOF' (=> any 'Comment' Link on that Site)... :?
But OK, I didn't really dig into the Source... I possibly could have countered it with 'GM' ('GreaseMonkey'), but I thought that was a bit useless (for 'SOF') as they are worse than 'FB' ah-ah...!, and keep editing their Code every 1 or 2 weeks...

But OK, I guess I "know enough", I don't have much Influence on 'SOF', but very nice that you solved it here on 'CS'... :D

>

And hum, '=>' is not an "Operator" but an "Arrow Function", and 'let' is even less an "Operator", unless you meant the Bitwise 'Left Shift' Operator, it's a "Declaration Command/Keyword" in JS... :ugeek:

>>>

OK, Thanks again @Nick..., I really appreciate the Reply... :D :D

(Oh..., and I had started "my" Thread with a Compliment for you actually, ah-ah...!, but I guess you didn't see it...! ;) (About adding the x2 '2021' Links to the 'Archives' Navig-Popup in less than 3 months this year...))
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me