Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby Coalchaser » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 am

Your ticket is just asking whether people will be punished. It's not asking about a specific user and providing evidence, which is what Seasonal is talking about. It was also submitted yesterday, which does not count as being ignored, especially since it looks like your question is already being addressed in this exact thread. There's not some big coverup going on here. Staff are being transparent in the matter and are openly answering concerns here.

I just want to add that I think everyone is on the same side here. Everyone posting here wants to protect minors and prevent bullying and other problematic behaviors. So with that in mind, let's try to discuss the issue civilly.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:56 am

pillpups wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I have not seen a single report regarding this issue so I’m skeptical about your claims that these reports are being ignored. I can see all help requests that are below admin level. I have asked users for proof of this behavior in the past and never received a response.

If someone’s actions are deemed to be illegal or harmful to children, on-site or off-site, then we will take action. We can’t do anything if these cases aren’t reported.

is that so? stop lying to me.
      there's another report i sent too. if you'd like me to screenshot that as well let me know. :)

Your report was submitted yesterday. We receive dozens of reports everyday, and many of our staff are adults with full-time jobs or other commitments that come first. It is not uncommon to wait a few days for a response. Additionally if you submitted your ticket to an admin (I cannot view it so I assume this is the case), then there are only a few people who can see it and respond. They receive many more tickets than any other staff group and it is going to take them time to look into reports about serious behavior.

This thread is not for users to air out their grievances or personal problems with specific users. Posts that are clearly about someone will be removed.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phayraoh » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:13 am

I have a question, mostly to help out minors who might find themselves in a similar situation as me.

I occasionally take commissions here on CS. There was an occasion where I was given NSFW images of a character to use as a reference for the art that was ordered (the ordered art itself was SFW, as was one of the refs provided in a link). Point being, would this be something a minor should report as inappropriate? I am not a minor, so I brushed it off, but this thread made me think about that situation and realize that the customer couldn’t have known I am an adult unless they had taken the time to glance at my signature (which could have been a lie) or read the small bio I have in my shop.

I want to make it clear that I am not voicing a personal problem towards another CS user. I am hoping to help out younger artists who might find themselves facing this situation, and what actions they should do if they are sent NSFW images to use for a commissioned piece.
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:14 am

phayraoh wrote:
    I have a question, mostly to help out minors who might find themselves in a similar situation as me.

I occasionally take commissions here on CS. There was an occasion where I was given NSFW images of a character to use as a reference for the art that was ordered (the art itself was SFW, as was one of the refs provided in a link). Point being, would this be something a minor should report as inappropriate? I am not a minor, so I brushed it off, but this thread made me think about that situation and realize that the customer couldn’t have known I am an adult unless they had taken the time to glance at my signature (which could have been a lie) or read the small bio I have in my shop.

I want to make it clear that I am not voicing a personal problem towards another CS user. I am hoping to help out younger artists who might find themselves facing this situation, and what actions they should do if they are sent NSFW images to use for a commissioned piece.

That is a reportable offence yes, since they're linking you a NSFW image on cs.
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:14 am

If you think condemnation of illegal and potentially child-endangering acts are "personal grievances", you are not addressing our concerns.
You are not an officer of the law nor a representative of your country's government. Your job should be making sure the userbase, and especially the vulnerable children onsite can feel SAFE and protected. We just want to know whether actions will be taken against potential predators--a "yes" or "no" question.

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:18 am

phayraoh wrote:

I occasionally take commissions here on CS. There was an occasion where I was given NSFW images of a character to use as a reference for the art that was ordered (the ordered art itself was SFW, as was one of the refs provided in a link). Point being, would this be something a minor should report as inappropriate? I am not a minor, so I brushed it off, but this thread made me think about that situation and realize that the customer couldn’t have known I am an adult unless they had taken the time to glance at my signature (which could have been a lie) or read the small bio I have in my shop.

Yes, if someone is sending NSFW artwork to a minor that should be reported.

sardine wrote:If you think condemnation of illegal and potentially child-endangering acts are "personal grievances", you are not addressing our concerns.
You are not an officer of the law nor a representative of your country's government. Your job should be making sure the userbase, and especially the vulnerable children onsite can feel SAFE and protected. We just want to know whether actions will be taken against potential predators--a "yes" or "no" question.

If someone is found to be a real predator or a danger to minors, yes, we will take action. If someone is participating in illegal activities then the proper authorities will be notified. An adult dating a minor is "legal" but is not moral and is not an adult that we welcome on Chicken Smoothie.

Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:40 am

Seasonal wrote:If someone is found to be a real predator or a danger to minors, yes, we will take action. If someone is participating in illegal activities then the proper authorities will be notified. An adult dating a minor is "legal" but is not moral and is not an adult that we welcome on Chicken Smoothie.

By that logic, nsfw of minors and many of the other things you've let fly are also immoral even if they're legal, which I'm very sure it's not. So by extension, someone participating in it shouldn't be "welcomed" either, right?

An adult dating a minor is also illegal in many places? I'm not quite sure where you're at, the laws may be different there, but in most places it isn't allowed.
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:51 am

chlorophyll. wrote:
Seasonal wrote:If someone is found to be a real predator or a danger to minors, yes, we will take action. If someone is participating in illegal activities then the proper authorities will be notified. An adult dating a minor is "legal" but is not moral and is not an adult that we welcome on Chicken Smoothie.

By that logic, nsfw of minors and many of the other things you've let fly are also immoral even if they're legal, which I'm very sure it's not. So by extension, someone participating in it shouldn't be "welcomed" either, right?

An adult dating a minor is also illegal in many places? I'm not quite sure where you're at, the laws may be different there, but in most places it isn't allowed.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to be accused of defending those actions, because I do not condone them. Regardless of the legality of something, if we feel that someone is a danger to children they aren't welcome on CS.

Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Radiation King » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 am

Seasonal wrote:
chlorophyll. wrote:

I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to be accused of defending those actions, because I do not condone them. Regardless of the legality of something, if we feel that someone is a danger to children they aren't welcome on CS.

-removed-

So how much evidence is enough? And what precisely is considered a danger to children?
Last edited by Lacuna on Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: vaguing removed

🆆🅷🅰🆃 🅷🅰🆅🅴
....🆆🅴 🅷🅴🆁🅴

call me rads. i haven't been
really active for a while but
i still grab the new pets.

just a grumpy old man tbh

🎵
Radiation King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:17 am

I was wondering with this new rule in place, if conversations/screenshots that took place via Discord would be allowed to be used to report someone who you believe is harassing you? I know that in the past that images from that social platform weren’t allowed, so I wanted to ask and make sure for those of us who may have encountered some CS users harassing us on this platform. Thanks!

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me