Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby J-and-K341 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:48 am

a bit late but i think this will be a very welcome change indeed.

In regards to being concerned about whether help tickets are being properly seen and addressed. Perhaps some kind of automatic notification thing can be set up. You know how we get the automated message right after we send a help ticket in, maybe we could also get a message that tells us when a staff member has actually read said help ticket as well. I see these kind of things on other chatting platforms where the recipient has "seen" your message so that's kinda the thing that im thinking about here that might help. ^^
J-and-K341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZΕL » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 am

J-and-K341 wrote:a bit late but i think this will be a very welcome change indeed.

In regards to being concerned about whether help tickets are being properly seen and addressed. Perhaps some kind of automatic notification thing can be set up. You know how we get the automated message right after we send a help ticket in, maybe we could also get a message that tells us when a staff member has actually read said help ticket as well. I see these kind of things on other chatting platforms where the recipient has "seen" your message so that's kinda the thing that im thinking about here that might help. ^^

I see where you're going with that, but it'd honestly be more of a hassle for everyone involved if you got "read" receipts for every time someone has looked at a ticket^^
Tickets aren't assigned to a single staff member, they're visible to entire groups at a time, and there's a good chance that any ticket that isn't a one-off case with a straightforward response will be looked at multiple times by multiple people, some of which may or may not be able to contribute.

Sometimes I'll see a ticket with a subject line that seems like I can handle it, only for it to have to be handed to an admin assistant, or it's simply about something I have less expertise with than one of my team mates. If a user got notified that I looked at it, they'd be waiting for nothing :'D

I think it'd be useful to incorporate some form of "hey, thanks for this, we're working on it" to communicate to people that their issue is actively being handled, but read receipts definitely wouldn't be the way to go.
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            
            

Z E L
they/them   german   adult

In the same fleeting moment
thou must live, die and know

current hoards
listocswiki #BlackLivesMatter
ZΕL
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby J-and-K341 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:14 am

Oof, yeah i can definitely see what you mean there now that i think on that a bit more. Maybe instead of an automated thing, just a quick button that the staff member that's actually handling it can click to let them know, instead.
J-and-K341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SitcomLaughTrack » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Seasonal wrote:
pillpups wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I have not seen a single report regarding this issue so I’m skeptical about your claims that these reports are being ignored. I can see all help requests that are below admin level. I have asked users for proof of this behavior in the past and never received a response.

If someone’s actions are deemed to be illegal or harmful to children, on-site or off-site, then we will take action. We can’t do anything if these cases aren’t reported.

is that so? stop lying to me.
      there's another report i sent too. if you'd like me to screenshot that as well let me know. :)

Your report was submitted yesterday. We receive dozens of reports everyday, and many of our staff are adults with full-time jobs or other commitments that come first. It is not uncommon to wait a few days for a response. Additionally if you submitted your ticket to an admin (I cannot view it so I assume this is the case), then there are only a few people who can see it and respond. They receive many more tickets than any other staff group and it is going to take them time to look into reports about serious behavior.

This thread is not for users to air out their grievances or personal problems with specific users. Posts that are clearly about someone will be removed.

I'm not in any communities outside this forum but this just doesn't look good. It's one thing to say the staff hasn't had time to review people's reports, it's another to say they didn't get any reports.

That the staff takes so long to see things that could be time-sensitive is worrying combined with this rule change and the lack of clarity about what it means.

Say User A gets in touch with User B and sends them death threats for being gay. That's something the staff needs to deal with quickly. If not, User B shouldn't be banned for bullying if they warn other queer users or if they call out User A for sending death threats.

I mean... maybe this is about specific things I don't know about but this is how it's coming across to me. :/ It would probably be helpful if you had a specific plan and explained what's going to happen and what does and doesn't count as bullying.
SitcomLaughTrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clement » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:27 pm

They are getting reports. Its just that only Admins can read the reports that are being sent in regarding these serious issues.

When you submit an Admin-only report, there are only 4 people who can see it, because there are only 4 Admins. Admin Assistants(which is what Seasonal is) and below can't see Admin-only tickets.
About wrote:
Clement | Male(FtM) | Gay | Adult | My Kalons

Severely Autistic & depressed.
I don't really talk to people
unless they talk to me first.
I am taking a mental
health break during March.
During that time I won't
be available, but I will be
coming back!

Love is our only hope.
Make love, not war.
Clement

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:54 pm

SitcomLaughTrack wrote:I'm not in any communities outside this forum but this just doesn't look good. It's one thing to say the staff hasn't had time to review people's reports, it's another to say they didn't get any reports.

That the staff takes so long to see things that could be time-sensitive is worrying combined with this rule change and the lack of clarity about what it means.

Say User A gets in touch with User B and sends them death threats for being gay. That's something the staff needs to deal with quickly. If not, User B shouldn't be banned for bullying if they warn other queer users or if they call out User A for sending death threats.

I mean... maybe this is about specific things I don't know about but this is how it's coming across to me. :/ It would probably be helpful if you had a specific plan and explained what's going to happen and what does and doesn't count as bullying.

I've seen times where users who had been trying to warn their friends and other users of players who had been dangerous, aggressive, or even just done something morally wrong (but not specifically against cs rules like ninja trading or appropriation) but the user who had been trying to protect their friends had received a warning for minimodding, spreading rumors, or bullying.

Likewise a good example of where this rule might clash, is trying to explain why a user is banned or blocked, it's been classified as harrassment by the cs staff. With this rule in place it seems even going offsite to discord or toyhouse will get a user warned, even if the blocked user harassed and threatened the user warning people.

If someone has to rely on the block system to avoid terrible people, then cs staff arent doing everything they can to make sure this a safe place for children. A child cant tell if another user is bad or not without other users telling them that. I personally didnt know about the subtle forms of harrassment like gaslighting or guilt tripping until I was talking about it to users offsite, and I'm a grown adult!

While I understand cs cant take legal action against a player, they can still remove that user from its playerbase, as well as telling the reporter to discuss the matter with officials so legal action can be taken.
Cs has plenty of ways to remove users from the community, I've seen once, and only once, where a user had been making so much of a storm that -while cs should've temporarily banned the user- cs had placed the user the COPPA group, keeping that user from causing more distress. It was only after the user threw public fits and started harassing others that cs finally stepped in. I've seen staff remove posts, transfer the contents of people's accounts (not just pets, oekai posts, threads, forums, all of it), as well as just make the user nearly unidentifiable, changing a users ID number and account. Staff have ways of keeping users out of the chickensmoothie community.

Sorry if I ramble here, I havent eaten yet today, and it's like 6:30pm
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 pm

(in response to the above posts)

a few years ago a user pm'd me and after talking for a little, they asked for personal information. i sent in a report, and the matter was dealt with in a day.

@pillpups report was not about a specific user causing problems, it was just a question that doesn't seem super high priority. it makes sense that it would take longer to respond to that than something else (for example a user causing issues).

i'm not trying to be rude or shame/harass anyone, simply sharing my own opinion!
xxx
• call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
• sad & anxious
toyhouse
xx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxx
x
❝ death doesn't discriminate
between the sinners and the
saints, it takes and it takes
and it takes ❞

xcs discord!
axelandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beestie. » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:07 am

axelandria wrote:

a few years ago a user pm'd me and after talking for a little, they asked for personal information. i sent in a report, and the matter was dealt with in a day.

@pillpups report was not about a specific user causing problems, it was just a question that doesn't seem super high priority. it makes sense that it would take longer to respond to that than something else (for example a user causing issues).

i'm not trying to be rude or shame/harass anyone, simply sharing my own opinion!

pillpups response to seasonal after those quoted messages claimed that they had indeed sent in a help ticket regarding a certain user, but couldn't post it because it was mentioning an actual user/would be vaguing. i read through this whole thread so i could just be forgetting or mixing things up, but i don't think pillpups response was ever answered after stating they did indeed send in a help ticket regarding a certain user/topic - which came into the conversation because seasonal claimed they had 'never seen a report like this' or whatever it was they said. absolutely no attacking if my tone came off that way, just explaining c:

tbh tho i also,,, kind of agree with pillpups and sitcomlaughtrack, and others who have shared their grievances about staff. but that's not what this thread is about, so i'll just say that i think this rule is a good implementation, and i hope that staff find ways to make sure this isn't abused.
┌────────────────────┐

Image Image Image

─── ♡ bee ● adult ● artist ● BLMbee#4040
art shop alt th trades art gallery loser 1
-----------Image taxi man - illuminate
commissions: usd only. art trades: closed.
please don't credit art to my cs profile or alt th.

└────────────────────┘
beestie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:41 am

beestie. wrote:
axelandria wrote:

pillpups response to seasonal after those quoted messages claimed that they had indeed sent in a help ticket regarding a certain user, but couldn't post it because it was mentioning an actual user/would be vaguing. i read through this whole thread so i could just be forgetting or mixing things up, but i don't think pillpups response was ever answered after stating they did indeed send in a help ticket regarding a certain user/topic - which came into the conversation because seasonal claimed they had 'never seen a report like this' or whatever it was they said. absolutely no attacking if my tone came off that way, just explaining c:

tbh tho i also,,, kind of agree with pillpups and sitcomlaughtrack, and others who have shared their grievances about staff. but that's not what this thread is about, so i'll just say that i think this rule is a good implementation, and i hope that staff find ways to make sure this isn't abused.

thank you for explaining <3
xxx
• call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
• sad & anxious
toyhouse
xx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxx
x
❝ death doesn't discriminate
between the sinners and the
saints, it takes and it takes
and it takes ❞

xcs discord!
axelandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoClaws » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Thank you for making this rule. As a victim of online bullying, it can get tough when you feel like no one around you cares.
I hope everybody in the CS staff is staying safe. Thank you :)
CalicoClaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me