Pet ID’s - no waiting for adult version?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pet ID’s - no waiting for adult version?

Postby hoodee » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:51 pm

Hello! So even though I’m an older player, I just recently started to play again and my question is, since I’ve seen it a few times in the Official [MONTH] Swap Thread that people write lower ID no waiting for them to grow up does it mean... the faster you adopt a pet once it releases the better the chance of getting an adult version of a pet or did I just.. miss something? lol thanks.
hoodee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet ID’s - no waiting for adult version?

Postby Shinryu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 am

Hey there;
Pets always grow on the exact time of the day that you adopted them. If you adopted a pet at, say, 2pm, yours will always age on that exact time.
So if someone else adopted a pet at, for example, 8am, theirs will turn a day older before yours, so even if you got the exact same outcome, they would see the growth sooner than you.

Because of that, some people who do swaps only want pets that have been adopted around a particular time or earlier, so that they can see for sure that it's a particular outcome - whether it be because it has grown by then, or because they are looking to trade for an ungrown pet and want to eliminate the chance of the traded pet still growing into something else. Basically, it's a way to ensure that they really get what they're looking for, and ID numbers are an easy way to check if a pet was adopted before or after another.

The same applies to adoption dates - pet growths (usually) happen based on their age in days, so a lot of people like to trade for pets that were adopted on the 1st of the month, as that means they won't have to wait extra days to see if they're getting an outcome that is already known.

Some people also want all their litters to sit together in the group, so they're looking for certain IDs to make sure the pet is places correctly, as groups are ordered by ID.^^

Adoption time has no bearing whatsoever on the chance to get a particular outcome.

Hope that explains it c:
Last edited by Shinryu on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet ID’s - no waiting for adult version?

Postby hoodee » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:23 am

Oh okay! Thank you!
hoodee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me