Feedback Needed: Change to Oekaki Organisation

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Please tell us what you'd like for the oekaki organisation!

I like the way those boards are organised already and I don't want them to change.
11%
I don't like the way those boards are organised. I'd like a new category system!
24%
I like the suggestion to sort the art by the subject e.g. human, animal, landscapes...
56%
I would prefer the art to be sorted by some other method (please detail in comments)
5%
I have other suggestions for new oekaki boards (please detail in comments)
4%

Total votes : 557

Re: Feedback Needed: Change to Oekaki Organisation

Postby J-and-K341 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm

I think it would be a refreshing change for things to be resorted, but I also will reflect what others said about there possibly being too much to sort through with things presented as is on the first page. But i will agree that the skill level categories could definitely stand to go.

Also i have noticed that certain artists only post in certain boards currently. (some only post in sketches, some only post in colored ins / adoptables, etc). I feel that even more categories would, as mentioned earlier, make some artists even less visible as i'm sure that there will be some artists that only stay within a specific category and only post there.

Each board also seems to have its own little mini community of sorts. Just about everyone from a specific board all being acquainted, and often are even friends with each other, and they hardly ever venture out of these boards because thats where they all post at--"thats where their friends are", if you get my drift. ^^ Of course we have the "follow artist" feature now, which was really appreciated. I'm mostly just stating an observation, there, really.

I will also agree with qwertyo, further back with the thoughts of a board just for OC's etc. As im sure that many would feel that their unique characters / sonas wouldn't fit well within a specific category.

Basically everything else has already been said that i have thought of, though. ^^
J-and-K341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cr0wn » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:26 pm

most people so far have already brought up how to combine the heaps of categories so i have nothing to say on that, but i agree with one post i saw a couple pages back wholeheartedly;

- a board for "adopts drawn on a coloured-in base" (e.g. dog adopts in tealea or sixbane lines that were posted in editable oekaki)

- a board for actual closed species (e.g. kalons, chubin, boglins, all those horse arpgs, etc.)

it can be really frustrating to try and find some new species to get into and only finding the first 5 pages of adoptable oekaki is filled up with the same tealea adopts that ive seen bumped for a week in a row. i love adopting these designs too, but seperating them would be great, sort of like when you seperated "editable oekaki" and "user challenges"!

maybe "adoptable species" can remain for bases, and a new board called "closed species".
cr0wn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zear » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I do still feel like a Sketches/Experiments board should still be a thing though since people do like doing just sketches on the oekaki and still having it lets more rendered works stay on the front page of the categories longer. I feel like this board only became oversaturated just because people didn't know/didn't want to judge which skill-based board they should have posted in.

I also don't think fandom/fanart doesn't need its own board, all the content would be more organized if sorted by the content. I can see that having a sole fandom board just having everything and being a mess.
Zear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxymouse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:47 am

Zear wrote:I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I do still feel like a Sketches/Experiments board should still be a thing though since people do like doing just sketches on the oekaki and still having it lets more rendered works stay on the front page of the categories longer. I feel like this board only became oversaturated just because people didn't know/didn't want to judge which skill-based board they should have posted in.

I also don't think fandom/fanart doesn't need its own board, all the content would be more organized if sorted by the content. I can see that having a sole fandom board just having everything and being a mess.

I agree with the Sketches/Experiments board. I use that a lot and if I had new boards without sketches and experiments I wouldn't know where to put my drawings sometimes,, I would like that board to be kept,,
I also agree with fandom/fanart,, it might cause a mess because theres no real organization bc fandoms/fanart can fit into multiple categories.
But other than that I think having it sorted by subjects is a good idea, not a lot of people use the ranking boards. As long as sketches and experiments are still here.
wip ha
galaxymouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarDustCrusader » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

galaxymouse wrote:
Zear wrote:I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I agree with the Sketches/Experiments board. I use that a lot and if I had new boards without sketches and experiments I wouldn't know where to put my drawings sometimes,, I would like that board to be kept,,
I also agree with fandom/fanart,, it might cause a mess because theres no real organization bc fandoms/fanart can fit into multiple categories.
But other than that I think having it sorted by subjects is a good idea, not a lot of people use the ranking boards. As long as sketches and experiments are still here.

agree!
StarDustCrusader

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you so much everyone who has participated in the poll and discussion! We've had some really great feedback and ideas :)

I've posted an updated list in a new topic, so please vote again:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4289849
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me