I keep getting logged out

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

I keep getting logged out

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 am

Ive been less active over the last month, only coming on every day or every few days, and half the time I come back it has me logged out.

I changed my PW after the first few times

I have the 'log me in automatically' box ticked

Nothings ever seems changed

I know I'm not pushing the logout button

Is this something that can be fixed or do I just have to deal with it?
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I keep getting logged out

Postby sardine » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am

maybe it's a problem with your browser? if not, then it's a bug

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`

Postby K#%! » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Last edited by K#%! on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    K#%!

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 pm

sardine wrote:maybe it's a problem with your browser? if not, then it's a bug

I wouldn't know if it was? Its the same browser I used all last year and had no problems

neil wrote:do you have your cookies disabled? if that's so, then you should enable them, or only allow cs use cookies, and it should stop.

As far as I know I don't. Ive never messed with my cookie settings
    Currently Collecting:
    Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
    2013 - ??
    All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
    Rares For Trade
    1C$ Each
    2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
    Eaglespirit

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Same with me..., each time I lose Internet Connection sometimes for only 15 Min, then I have to log in again...
    (And I also always click the 'Keep me signed in' CB...)

Well, not "each time', sometimes I go out for several Hours (and I take my Laptop with me), and I will maybe use it, maybe not, with Internet or maybe not, and I come back Home many Hours later, my Laptop catches its WiFi-Int-Co and I don't need to log in again...

Using PM (Pale Moon) v26.3.3, Win10_x64.
    (Laptop always ON, I reboot once every 3-4 Weeks approx or after some Windows Update Patch...)
    On 'ELD' for example, I never-never-ever get logged out... (This Site in the very same PM Instance..., just another Tab... And I check ELD maybe 2x or 3x Times a Week, while I check CS at least 10x Times per Day...)
    "Pragmatic Thinker"...
    I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
    In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
    Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
    Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
    (Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
    - Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
    - Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
    "Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
    All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:38 pm

But hum, @OP, a few Months ago, I was using some Mobile Int. Co. for my Laptop through my Smartphone (Tethering), and each time I was switching between my Mobile Co. and my Home Co., I would need to log in again...

And often the same if I stopped tethering for a while (Metered Connection...!), then wanted to check Internet again a bit later through the same Mobile Co., but because I would get a different IP from my Mobile Provider, I would also have to log in again...
    Related to 'phpBB' I thought... :twisted:
    "Pragmatic Thinker"...
    I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
    In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
    Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
    - Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
    "Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
    All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:39 pm

Hum, I wanted to check this Thread again if you (@OP) had received any Reply from any General Helper, but nope..., hum, pity... :(

Keeps happening to me, now 5 times in the last 24h..., and just now again...:
    I was active on the Site and on the Forum about 20 min ago, I lost Internet Connection for 10-20 min, and when I want to check the 'Pound', then I have to log in again... A bit annoying... :roll:

I think it's a 'phpBB' Configuration Setting (on the Server Side)..., maybe about Cookie Expiration...?

I also see the same Behaviour on another 'phpBB' Site/Forum (on 'phpBB' v3.2.7) that I use regularly (I'm a Mod there, so I check the Site 20-30 times per day), and sometimes the "Have to relog again" are "synched" on both Sites, and sometimes not, it happens more often on CS... (that I check 10-20 times a day). But when I lose Internet, I go and check both Sites at the same time, once I get some Internet Connection back...

And again, in the same Browser Instance where I use CS (with about 50 Tabs on CS, at least 10 active), I also have a few Tabs on 'Eldemore', and I check 1 Tab maybe once a week (the Site has been closed now for about 2 years), and 'ELD' is also built on 'phpBB' like CS (I don't know which Version), but I nearly never-never have to relog again on 'ELD', or maybe Max once or twice per year...

But OK, I guess you/we won't get any Reply, and we will have to live with it... No "big deal" but it's annoying to have to log in again so often and so many times per day... :o
    "Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Dama » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:18 pm

I would recomend clearing your cache and making sure you have cookies enabled.
    In Chrome you can find the cookies settings by going to:

Settings -> Advanced (toggle on the left-hand side) -> Privacy and security -> Site settings -> Cookies and site data

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    there's room for us in heaven
    we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
    xx

about me
    • • •
    listography
    • • •
    need help?
    • • •
    credit
    Dama

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Dama wrote:I would recomend clearing your cache and making sure you have cookies enabled.
    In Chrome you can find the cookies settings by going to:

Settings -> Advanced (toggle on the left-hand side) -> Privacy and security -> Site settings -> Cookies and site data

A Big Thanks @Dama for your Reply..., my Reply took some time because I needed some Time to check "a few things", then OK, here are my Findings/Feedback...:

First I don't use Chrome, I've mentioned in some previous Post which exact Browser I use, but definitely not CR which is way too buggy for "Professionals", and simply behaves like Malware, (won't take take long before it gets "investigated" by EU or whatever other Instance with a few Billions ($) Fine) + misses "all" useful Add-ons...

Clearing the Browser Cache sounded like completely irrelevant to me, but OK, I did it :P , and hum..., I thought for 1 Day it was "the Solution" though..., until I had to relog again today, just a mini-while ago, so oops, nope-nope, didn't completely help... :(

The Cache Behaviour actually changed on CS a few months ago, and yep indeed, that was more or less exactly the moment that all those Relog things started, so even if I don't exactly understand how those 2 could be related, @Nick might have changed some "other Cache Setting" when he decided to bypass all Browser Cache Data (except for CS Logo and a few recurring Images on the 'Pound' Page)...

But OK, I thought that clearing the Cache was afterall maybe the Solution anyway..., but hum, nope..., had to relog again..., just a mini-while ago...

I now monitor the 5 'CS' Cookies, one is "about Cookie-Consent", one is about "Session", and 3 supposed to be valid for exactly for 1 Year..., but the 1 Year Validity each time gets reset each time I have to relog...
    "Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Yep, just happened again, 7h later, and I didn't even lose Internet Connection in those 7 hours...

And all 3 "phpbb3_h2a2i_[u/k/sid]" Cookies got a new Validity for 1 year from just right now...
    "Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me