ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? Apply now!

Postby nickjr » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am

the clockwork cat wrote:
yes ;o;

That GIF was my exact reaction to seeing this topic. Super excited to see who our new artists will be!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ketjin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:11 pm

I'm not sure if this was already asked but is it possible to submit more than one application using one of the palettes in the image, and posting them in the attachments?
I currently don't have many finished/colored art to submit in there so I feel it may not support my application very well. And i'd love to try more of the palettes lol
ketjin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bloodiath » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:19 pm

me while applying

・゜✭ 𝑰 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆. ✫・゜
𝓐𝓵𝓮𝓴𝓪𝓮 | 𝓗𝓮/𝓗𝓲𝓶 | 𝓐𝓭𝓾𝓵𝓽 | 𝓟𝓪𝓷-𝓟𝓸𝓵𝔂 | 𝓟𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓼 | 𝓘𝓝𝓕𝓟
𝓖𝓻𝔂𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 | 𝓙𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝓲𝓷 | 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓭𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 | 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓝𝓮𝓾𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓵
Bloodiath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Bassil wrote:So I know you are meant to use only the colors in the pallets, except for the shadow layers where you can make it darker, and they eyes/lineart which can be any color. Is it alright to add any highlight of a lighter color, or darken some of the shadows?

Sorry for the delayed reply, you may not add a highlight layer. You can recolor the shadow layer but shouldn't change it otherwise.
siamesedream wrote:I'm not sure if this was already asked but is it possible to submit more than one application using one of the palettes in the image, and posting them in the attachments?
I currently don't have many finished/colored art to submit in there so I feel it may not support my application very well. And i'd love to try more of the palettes lol

We would strongly prefer that you submit original design examples for the additional art.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shiny furret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:19 pm

hello! this question i'm asking is silly, i'm wondering if using different opacities of a palette's color is allowed? or would that be considered a different color that is outside of the palette?
shiny furret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Lacuna wrote:
siamesedream wrote:I'm not sure if this was already asked but is it possible to submit more than one application using one of the palettes in the image, and posting them in the attachments?

We would strongly prefer that you submit original design examples for the additional art.

Just wanted to add: yes that's fine to submit multiple template entries if you don't have other examples to add
furrow wrote:hello! this question i'm asking is silly, i'm wondering if using different opacities of a palette's color is allowed? or would that be considered a different color that is outside of the palette?

Please stick to normal opacity, if it looks like the design has different colors in it then we can't judge it against other entries fairly

angel23456 wrote:How do we color the eyes without removing the shading on them? All the detail and color on the eyes seems to be on the same layer.

You can just color them flat if you like, or redraw them in your own style. I usually just do a hue shift on that layer if I'm being lazy and don't want to redraw (so feel free to try that)

Takura Nokinu wrote:out of curiosity, who drew the template? :o was it Tess, or another staff member?
(hopefully a silly question like this is okay to ask ahaha)

It was me, I never meant for them to be llamas but I guess I see why everyone calls them that 😂 just tried to make a random animal that's different to cs pets.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:58 pm

OMG ok I’m gonna m a r k
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovelees » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:18 pm

I'd love to apply, just curious though, what's a template?
artist
────────────────────
love yourself
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
────────────────────
lovelees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:29 pm

@Tess

Thank you very much for the reply. I did what you suggested for the eye color. I've sent in an application, though can't say I won't end up editing it in the next month of waiting!
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovelees » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 pm

am I able to use medibang? I read the rules and regulations but I feel like you may only be really accepting photoshop?
artist
────────────────────
love yourself
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
────────────────────
lovelees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes