Deleted accounts - pets and trades

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Deleted accounts - pets and trades

Postby Shenzai » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Okay so, I have a pending trade I sent someone and I noticed the user no longer exists. I was about to go on the suggestions board and suggest that pending trades with deleted users got autocancelled, but then I noticed the pets are still on the deleted account. Why is that? Shouldn't the pets from the deleted accounts go to the pound or maybe get deleted too? I suppose those pets are basically forever stuck there right?

All this just made me really curious.
I'm hoarding these lovely pink trash boyes ♥
Staff Litter 2018 dog made by Dia.

Send trades please! ♥
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deleted accounts - pets and trades

Postby ZΕL » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:33 pm

While we can't give you information on what exactly happened to the specific account you are trying to trade with, there are generally two possibilities here:

1. The account's owner asked for it to be de-activated. In this case, the account will show up for you as "not existing", but technically it still does. It will keep all its pets, and the account owner would be able to ask for it to be re-activated if they wished.

2. The account owner has been banned, but the pets have not yet been moved to the Pound.

People may have a number of reasons for having their accounts de-activated - for example to curb down on the time they spend on here, or because they plan on quitting and don't want people to mistakenly send them trades, but would like to keep the option open to return one day and keep their collection. (This is not a problem for the game because inactive accounts stop counting towards our rarity updates.)

What is the case with an individual account doesn't get discussed with users, though, for privacy reasons.

I hope that explains it :)
dealing with some real life stuff atm, expect me to be slow to respond to any messages

ZΕL
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deleted accounts - pets and trades

Postby Shenzai » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Ah, I didn't really want to know what happened to the specific person in my case, it just sparked my curiosity. I didn't know that "user does not exist" accounts that were voluntarily disabled could be recovered. That's interesting! (although I don't plan to ever do that lol)

Thanks for the explanation ^^
I'm hoarding these lovely pink trash boyes ♥
Staff Litter 2018 dog made by Dia.

Send trades please! ♥
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me