Suggestion - Flagging an Account

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion - Flagging an Account

Postby Oraanu » Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously/recently, but I would really like the option to flag a user's account as opposed to completing foeing them. I think it would be very useful and serve multiple purposes, including the ability to flag potential ninja traders or scammers if you are unsure of their intent.

Just a couple thoughts on how this could be implimented...
  • From the "Friends & blocked users" tab in your account settings there would be a third section titled "Manage flagged users". Just like friending and foeing, you would just type in the account username that you want to flag and this flag is only visible to you and not other players.
  • If you place someone on your "flagged list", they would still be able to send you trades/PMs as normal and you would still see their posts in the forums.
  • When you receive a trade or PM from a person on your "flagged list" you will get a message/notification at the top of the trade page or message saying something like, "Caution: You have flagged this account"
Oraanu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion - Flagging an Account

Postby xBunx » Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 pm

what are ninja traders?
xBunx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oraanu » Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm

xBunx wrote:what are ninja traders?

They are people who intentionally send unfair trades hoping that the person accepts, but they don't outright lie to people so it's not considered scamming. A scammer can be reported, but a ninja trader cannot.
Oraanu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xBunx » Sun May 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Oraanu wrote:
xBunx wrote:what are ninja traders?

They are people who intentionally send unfair trades hoping that the person accepts, but they don't outright lie to people so it's not considered scamming. A scammer can be reported, but a ninja trader cannot.

oh, ok. thanks
xBunx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 am

No support from me, sorry. There's an option to allow all users, even blocked users, to send PMs.
    You also have the option to display blocked users' posts when you see them in the forums.
    Blocked users just cannot send trades, but I personally don't see that as enough of a reason for this feature.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KickingPixies » Mon May 20, 2019 6:26 am

I'm very much with odd eye on this one. The foe system does what it's supposed to enough that this isn't really a necessity.
KickingPixies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 am

Support - if not specifically worded as "flagging", perhaps even just an option to make (completely private to one's account) notes on users - these could display either on their profile, or in the friends/foes/notes/flags section of the dashboard.

I would find this incredibly useful even aside from noting down "potential foes" - just having the option to note down a user's previous username or where you know them from would be incredibly useful. Of course, anyone's more than welcome to make notes in a word document (and I do) but having them onsite would be much easier haha.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:46 am

rockruff wrote:
    Support - if not specifically worded as "flagging", perhaps even just an option to make (completely private to one's account) notes on users - these could display either on their profile, or in the friends/foes/notes/flags section of the dashboard.

I would find this incredibly useful even aside from noting down "potential foes" - just having the option to note down a user's previous username or where you know them from would be incredibly useful. Of course, anyone's more than welcome to make notes in a word document (and I do) but having them onsite would be much easier haha.

I have pretty much the same thoughts!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me