Struggling with pet "worth"/rarities

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Struggling with pet "worth"/rarities

Postby Wind Mage » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Uh, I'm sorry if this isn't the right board for this. I don't know where else to put it, because I'm not actually in a trade so I don't know if i can put it in the "is this trade fair" board QwQ

I have two groups of store pets; the '15 PPS demon/dragon pups, and the '15 raccoon/lemur/skunk/red panda rabbit set.
I want to see if I can trade them for the '17 Dragon store pet set, and the '16 Dinosaur store pet sets. I don't know what any of these four sets are worth at ALL though, and I can't get a proper answer

Some people say that mine are worth more because they're '15 compared to '17 pets,
but other people say that mine are worth garbage because they're just dogs,
but then even more people say that dogs are the most popular animal on this site so I should be okay trading them?

So idk, I guess in short, I haven't been active since '16 and I have NO idea how rarity works on this site anymore, so I'd appreciate some advice
╓━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╖

secret text!
My name is Kris - He/him
Commissions + art trades: 🚫

♪♫♪ ♪♫♪ ♪♫♪

Kalxath is my partner-in-crime
Symmetra is a coward and a fool.

╙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╜
Wind Mage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Struggling with pet "worth"/rarities

Postby Celozon » Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 am

The 'how much is this pet worth' is probably more appropriate for this, just cause in general worth questions don't go here, there are several different worth threads and depending on the exact question one of those will be what you're looking for.
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3828586

Though if you are looking to trade the specific sets for a specific set that would technically work fine on the Fair Trade Thread even without a trade link ('is this set fair for this set?' type of question works fine there since its directed at two specific sets of pets, same as if you were linking a trade)

It also depends whether you are looking to trade demand-wise vs rarity-wise. The confusion is probably from the fact that Lillian store pets tend to be more popular and difficult to come by (and just dragons in general are more popular), and for example some people may value the dino set as worth more than the racoon/lemur, etc. set even though the dino set is, rarity wise, worth less. I'm not up to date enough on demand values to give an answer on that, you may ask specifically for those if you ask on the fair trade thread, but rarities wise older store pets are always worth more than newer ones, and since the number of pets in the sets match up, it would be overpay on your end for the newer sets. Just from what I know from those sets, yours are not as high in demand as the ones you're hoping for, but I don't know how that demand balances out with year differences. It will often depend on the individual you are trading with too, so you can always send out some trades and see if anyone is interested.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Struggling with pet "worth"/rarities

Postby Wind Mage » Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm

ohh alright
I'm sorry, in the future I'll drop my pet-related questions in there, instead. Ty for answering :)
╓━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╖

secret text!
My name is Kris - He/him
Commissions + art trades: 🚫

♪♫♪ ♪♫♪ ♪♫♪

Kalxath is my partner-in-crime
Symmetra is a coward and a fool.

╙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╜
Wind Mage

My pets
My items
My wishlist