Dual Event Themed Suggestion w/ Poll

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like the idea of changing these two events up for one year?

Yes
43%
No
43%
I'm unsure
14%

Total votes : 7

Dual Event Themed Suggestion w/ Poll

Postby Spearow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 am

Summer Christmas and Winter Summer Event

So, on the future event speculation board I saw that a few people liked the idea of a cold/arctic themed Summer event. But I don't think CS would do that unless we had a way to offset the Christmas Event. To do that, I think it would be an interesting change to do an entirely summer themed Christmas & Advent Calendar. Some places in the word never have a white Christmas, or snow at all for that matter. We have gotten a few warm Christmas themed items in the past (including surfboards, sunglasses & santa hats, and sand). I would love some reindeer themed Macaws!

With a warm-climate Christmas event this would open up the possibility for an entirely arctic summer event with cold themed pets that do not have Christmas accessories as part of their design (no festive hats, lights, garland, etc).

Please take the poll and if you have any comments, comment. (:

Some Supporting Comments From The Event Speculation Thread

Anza wrote:
    You know what hasn't happened yet? A COLD SUMMER!
    Maybe Antarctica or green land or iceland?

We could have thermal swimsuits and "summer" themed snow gear?
    This would be ironic and pretty cool in my opinion XD

Spearow wrote:
@Anza
I really love the idea of a cold summer too. I'm not sure if they would do it because we have Christmas, unless they alternated them this year and did a summer Christmas (since some parts of the world have a hot Christmas!). That would be really cool. ;o

J-and-K341 wrote:ahh love that "cold summer" idea! Yes, definitely antarctica or something similar, so many fun pet and item ideas could be done with that. And i think that you could totally get by with doing that without it being too christmas-ish. I could imagine there being a mini game kind of like that polar bear plunge thing that i have seen on tv. xD

Obius wrote:Spearow, I never once thought about a Summer Christmas before! Thats actually a really good idea. You should post it to the suggestions thread. :)

Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dual Event Themed Suggestion w/ Poll

Postby Obius » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 pm

I actually think we can have more than one Hot Christmas in December even if we went to a hot place for our August vacation. Thinking about it now, we have had a white Christmas almost always. But like you said, not everyone has cold winter where they are. It also allows for both of the bigger events CS has to try something new. You have my support!
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dual Event Themed Suggestion w/ Poll

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 pm

I feel like if a hot Christmas were taken into consideration it wouldn't have to be the whole thing either. 25 days is a lot of gifts I think it wouldn't be a far stretch to split the theme into both climates if it was getting too awkward for the artists to find enough ideas.

Pretty neutral on the whole thing myself but does seem like at the very least some warm winter designs could be a good suggestion! Might be good to post the idea of these themes on the suggestion threads as well as that is where artists look for inspiration: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2737731 Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1622627
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me