Adding and deleting groups, site translation suggestions

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Adding and deleting groups, site translation suggestions

Postby OstVW » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:13 am

Hello everyone.
I tried to find an appropriate topic to write several questions/suggestions, but I failed, so I decided to create it on my own. I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

1. Anyway, for almost two years I've been forcing myself to reorganise my pet collection. While removing or adding pets to new groups is pretty much easy thanks to the "mark all" option, creating or deleting groups is long, difficult and tedious. You have to do it again and again to create 10-30 new groups. I wonder if there is a small chance that this could be improved?
I even came up with a design of such things, hope it doesn't look as plagiarism.

2. I'm from Russia but my English is pretty good while my friend's is not. Hence, they have to choose Russian translation of CS in the profile settings. I don’t' know who and when translated "Chicken Smoothie" to Russian but it's not very good. Only a few things were translated (some of them even mistranslated), while most of them are not translated at all. I hope that translations in other languages don't have same problems.
Is it possible to create a topic (topics) where native speakers from Russia, Germany, France and other countries can discuss and create a translation of site (profile settings, some static text of CS on the main page, Forum names and descriptions) - or some parts of the site (you could choose yourself which parts)? I know, this suggestion is much more difficult to implement, therefore, it remains as a wish, not as a call to action.

Thank you for reading to the end.
Hope my English is understandable :)
OstVW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adding and deleting groups, site translation suggestions

Postby Jaskiest » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:39 am

Your first suggestion has already been suggested here -- maybe go show your support over there? :)

Your second suggestion does sound like something that could be really useful though, if a good way to collect translations can be found!
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OstVW » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:47 am

Thanks for letting me know about that post I wrote there, too :)
OstVW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:54 pm

As for translations, as far as I know all alternative language translations are that scarce unfortunately. I believe this is because CS itself did not create the translations. I think that CS uses a free phpBB language pack, like these which just translates some of the defaults in the board (CS is based upon a common forum set up).

All this is to say, I'd really love for there to be better translations. However, I'm not sure there is currently much infrastructure to make such a change easy. But that's just because CS is using a small bit to try and help where possible - not purposefully making low-quality translations. If that makes sense?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me