Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re:

Postby Celozon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 am

Junhui; wrote:Why do the buttons line up differently on the space and business themes than they do on all the others? On space and business, they have 4 on top and 2 on the bottom, unless you zoom in a lot; every other theme has 3 and 3 which looks much better. It doesn't make sense, because the buttons should be the same size regardless of theme? The theme you use doesn't change the size of your screen

I'm not entirely sure as to how the spacing is determined, but I think it depends on your computer or browser. All of the themes are lined up 3 and 3 for me, even resizing never gives me the 4-2 layout. It may be partly determined by how much space is available for the buttons to spread out without making the text smaller, and business and space may simply be more confined layouts with less space for the buttons than the others.

Thats just speculation on my part from what I've observed though, I don't know the details of how they were set up.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Schuyler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:11 am

It might have something to do with the Space and Business themes using a different font than the others? They're showing up 4-2 for me, too, and the other themes show up 3-3.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:12 am

Yeah it’s most likely the different font size forcing a different outcome from responsive design.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lustrestar » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 am

I love the button design, they look more 3D and the new color for the report button looks nice as well.

CS Discord | Listography
sjmonomane#0013

"All the liabilities in this world
are due to the inadequacies
of the person involved.
"
-Ken Kaneki

lustrestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:22 am

I just noticed there's a "follow artist" button on peoples' profiles now? I'm not sure how that's going to work, but it sounds like a neat little addon.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 am

Alfor wrote:I just noticed there's a "follow artist" button on peoples' profiles now? I'm not sure how that's going to work, but it sounds like a neat little addon.

You can read more about it here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4060137
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:59 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:
Alfor wrote:I just noticed there's a "follow artist" button on peoples' profiles now? I'm not sure how that's going to work, but it sounds like a neat little addon.

You can read more about it here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4060137

Thank you!

edit: oof I'm actually not authorized to read it, unfortunately.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 am

Alfor wrote:edit: oof I'm actually not authorized to read it, unfortunately.

Try this one;https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4060137

Or just go to your 'my account' page and all the recent announcements are listed there;
Forum/ucp.php

Its the one about the oekaki ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Love it! Everything looks so much nicer this way. And it's so, so much easier to click the right thing now. Thank you!
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DustyZoiveon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:23 am

I love this update! I'm notably terrible at clicking things (especially on mobile, but the old way used to mess me up on the computer too) so I'm really happy for this update!! Could something similar be done for selecting pets too? Maybe have the name be one full checkbox instead of needing to click on the tiny little square, or even having a separate "move pets" mode where you just click that and then you can click anywhere on the pet to select it to move it, as moving pets is an absolute pain in the butt for me how it is now and I keep accidentally clicking on the pet itself instead of the checkbox and having to start all over again.

And to the people saying the buttons are bulky... Yes. That's the point. Mobile users and people with poor motor skills need the big buttons because otherwise it's near-impossible to click on the buttons. Sure, it may not look the best, but I'd rather have a clunky-looking site everyone can use than a fancy site hardly anyone can use. Just because you could click the links before doesn't mean that nobody needed this change, and IMO asking for it to be ridiculously small again cause you think it'll look better just... Completely defeats the purpose of this being an accessibility update. Accessibility updates =/= aesthetic updates; Some of us Need the site to be more accessible. You don't Need the site to be more pretty. Accessibility gets priority over aesthetics, and this update is something I'm extremely grateful for.
Image🖤 Nonbinary / Maverique 🖤Image
ImageProud to be autistic!Image
System of many alters. We'll sign off our posts if someone other than the whost (who isn't masking) posts.
DustyZoiveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me