Issue with adding items to pets

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Issue with adding items to pets

Postby RinRandomtime » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 am

So i accidentally added something to my pet and redid everything. However it keeps showing the old one. It only turns into the new one when i change color background but if i refresh it goes right back to the old one. I tried refreshing, logging off then back in, and restarting chrome.
This is what the old one looks like:Image
And the new one: Image
Hoarding:
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Any realistic looking commonly hunted animals. Deer, Moose, Geese, Ducks, etc.
RinRandomtime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Issue with adding items to pets

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 am

Oh! Sometimes a new dressup/newly added items for a pet take a while to load! The new dressup shows up for everyone else - it just takes a bit longer sometimes for it to show up for you! If you enter a pet in a dressup challenge and it still looks like the old one, when you publish the entry, the new one will show up! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rockiest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:18 am

Oh! I thought I was the only one facing this problem. Just wait a bit longer and log out for like, 5 minutes. It will change eventually, unless you DIDN'T PRESS SAVE. If it never changes, you probably clicked next to the "save" button or forgot to click it. It should change soon, though. Have a wonderful day!

Edit: I find a lot of the time this happens when you change a pet, save, then come back to it to edit again.

ImageImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImage
Hi! My name is Rockiest.
I love The Lion King and Disney.
I haven't played in years pls don't attack
RE-ORGANIZING PETS LOL
Have a wonderful day/night!

ImageImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rockiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 am

Hello there!

Sometimes when you update a pet's items and go to look at it again, your device will show the old image instead of the newly updated one.

It will eventually update on its own, but you can force it to reload the new items by refreshing your tab by clicking the appropriate button in your browser or pressing F5 on your computer's keyboard (or cmd + f5 if you're on a mac).

Usually that works. If you find that it doesn't then you may need to do a hard refresh (CTRL and F5 at once) or clear your computer's cache (you can look up how to do that for your specific browser if you're unsure).

I hope this helps!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me