Help

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Help

Postby natalie.necol » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:14 pm

I'm fairly new to the game. I've been getting pets by going to free adoptions and I want to say thank you or something. It says I need to create a post, so I hope that right now I am creating a post and that I can send trade messages. Also what does "Bumping" mean and how do you do it? Plus on some people that are commenting on free trades, they have a "mascot or pet" How do I make/get one?
-Nat
natalie.necol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help

Postby Shinryu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Hey there, welcome to CS c:
    You did indeed create your first post, so now you'll be able to post on the forums, as well as send private and trade messages.
    As for your other questions:

"Bump"/"Bumping" refers to posting on a thread in order to bring it back to the top of its board index.
    Every time a thread gets posted on, it will be moved to the top of the first page of the forum it is on.When other threads receive more recent replies, they will take that place, pushing the previous thread down a spot.
    Some boards, like the trading and free adoptions forums, have many active topics on them, so it's easy for a thread to disappear off the first page entirely when it hasn't been responded to in a while. Since many people only check the first page of the trade boards (since they want to send trades to currently active users), thread owners may often ask other users to bump their topics to keep them visible.
    This is most common on the adoptions board, and is usually seen as a little favor in return for the free pets you're getting.
    If such a thread asks you to bump, what they mean is simply that you should make a post on the thread - such as a quick "Bump! Thank you for the pets :)"

As for the mascot pets - do you mean pets they have in their signature or trade rules?
    You can create your own forum signature here. You can put text or pictures in it, and it will be added as a little "visual decoration" to all of your forum posts (unless you turn off this option, that is). A lot of people use it to showcase their interests, links to relevant threads, or to tell you a bit about them.
    Signatures, like forum posts or PMs, use BBCode, so you can format it to pretty it up a little beyond plain text.

Trade rules can be created here. You can use this function to show users looking to trade with you a message. For example, you can tell them about your trading preferences (ex. "I don't want to be offered horses, but I love chickens"), or show pictures of the pets you want the most.

To show a picture of a pet you already own, simply go to that pet's profile, and copy the code in the box labelled "forum code"

Usually people's "mascot" pets are just pets of theirs that they like a lot - their favourite pets, or pets that they like the dress-up of.

I hope that explains it, but feel free to ask again if something is unclear, I misunderstood you, or you have any other questions :)

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me