Speak up if you want this

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Speak up if you want this

Postby iuaena » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:21 pm

really interesting idea honestly ^^ I think this would be a pretty cool feature to have on cs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mainly here for art/characters
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thdatrello
alice/mew | she | art shop
credit
iuaena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:28 pm

No support.
As it is unnecessary, all you need to do is go to the trade's thread, and search for C$ shop threads then look at those individuals pets. as this function would simply make all the pets go together, unless you wish to be able to shuffle through it like the archive?
still seems like it isn't needed.
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:05 pm

This could cause so much server strain....no support
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintingDog692 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:52 am

bump. please read the first post.
I'm a Rooster!

Image Join Xanje with me! I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
PaintingDog692

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:13 am

DrinaLestrange wrote:This could cause so much server strain....no support

Not as much as you think. The server already runs smoothly and this feature would more or less just be a new tab like Home/My Stuff/Adopt/Forums/Store/Archives/Art/Help. It could just be a new added one like "Sales" and then have 3 individual tabs within it.

~Phantom wrote:No support.
As it is unnecessary, all you need to do is go to the trade's thread, and search for C$ shop threads then look at those individuals pets. as this function would simply make all the pets go together, unless you wish to be able to shuffle through it like the archive?

It takes a lot of time and digging to search through those forums and even so more times that not the person ends up cancelling the trades. It's hard to find people that have sales group and want C$. This function would make it a quick process to buy and sell your pets.

ғᴀɪʀʟʏɢøɴᴇʀ wrote:
DrinaLestrange wrote:This could cause so much server strain....no support

Not as much as you think. The server already runs smoothly and this feature would more or less just be a new tab like Home/My Stuff/Adopt/Forums/Store/Archives/Art/Help. It could just be a new added one like "Sales" and then have 3 individual tabs within it.

~Phantom wrote:No support.

It takes a lot of time and digging to search through those forums and even so more times that not the person ends up cancelling the trades. It's hard to find people that have sales group and want C$. This function would make it a quick process to buy and sell your pets.

To add: Ultimately this would bring C$ back into demand and make it easier for many people without lists/valuable pets to achieve their dreamies.
Last edited by Zeena on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit instead of double posting
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:20 am

The server would have to pull up all of the pets, which can cause strain. That's the reason for other suggestions involving searching for all of one type of pet being available for trade etc being turned down before. So still no support.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BestWishes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 am

Support
BestWishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 am

It’s too much effort for the staff to put something that is rather easy to do that the current stage.
And most people wouldn’t sell their pets for just one price, cause they want the highest they can get . Or what abt when one person wants two from the same person and that person would often give a discount if there were two pets in the trade? That wouldn’t be possible.
Most people haggle prices, and that wouldn’t be possible, making people revert back to the normal way of trading to get the best deal
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 am

~Phantom wrote:It’s too much effort for the staff to put something that is rather easy to do that the current stage.
And most people wouldn’t sell their pets for just one price, cause they want the highest they can get . Or what abt when one person wants two from the same person and that person would often give a discount if there were two pets in the trade? That wouldn’t be possible.
Most people haggle prices, and that wouldn’t be possible, making people revert back to the normal way of trading to get the best deal

I see most users that look for C$ trade pets for one set amount. I do it all the time (when I can manage to find someone looking for C$). When someone wants the highest they could get, they could place it in the auctions tab as I stated previously (set up much like Howrse). If they wanted to do a discount, it can be discussed via PM between two users.

As I also stated before, Howrse has made it possible for users to negotiate prices so it would still be possible. We don't need normal trading to get the best deal.
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintingDog692 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:38 am

I love this idea. Honestly, the trade threads have been garbage for a really long time and it won't get any better.
Go post in there now. Just try it. See how long it takes for your post to be off the first page.
It's seconds as anyone knows. It's impossible to advertise in trade forums anymore. It's really difficult to find the pets you're looking for. Chicken Smoothie is so big that anyone posting on the trade thread has to stay there and bump every few seconds just to be seen.

Who has the time for that? Even just a listing of CS pets for a set C$ amount that works like FR's AH (or any other pet site for that matter) would do several things:

1. It would increase the value of C$. People would buy more and it would become a standard currency.
2. It would put a lot less strain on the need to use the broken trade forum to find what you're looking for.
3. It would be so much easier to find the pets that you want. Pets could be listed as they are in the archive. (To use FR's system as an example) Instead of using dropdown menus to select breed and colors of a dragon, you use a dropdown menu to select what year, month(s) and what type of pet you're looking for.

And if C$ value increases, the AH would pay for itself in terms of any perceived server strain. Heck, let's pool together and buy a sub server just for the AH so it wouldn't affect the site itself. It's really worth doing.

this is for the user Shian because for some odd reason it will not let them post on this thread.
I'm a Rooster!

Image Join Xanje with me! I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
PaintingDog692

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me