Questions about images

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Questions about images

Postby Ghost17 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:42 am

So um I’ve only ever gotten one warning before, but I’m curious. Why? It’s not like we are stealing art, just using it for are own little characters? It’s not like we are claiming the images as are own? If someone did that I’d understand why they’d get a warning... but ummm ya im just kinda confused why this is such a problem? Looking through posts several ppl use images that aren’t theirs but then suddenly if someone sees an image they like they automatically report the person just so they can use it. So ya anyone mind explaining the real issue behind this? Sorry if you don’t wanna you don’t have to, I’m just letting my curiosity get the best of me -.-
Ghost17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 am

It's still art/image thief if the original artist/photographer/etc. did not give you permission to use their image. Even if you do not claim it as your own and give them credit - unless they have said it's free to use, you must find and ask them for permission - or else it's still stealing. If you see someone using something that is not theirs, you can report it as well if you wish - mods are unable to look through every post on every thread and find what is and isn't stolen.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Questions about images

Postby Ghost17 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 am

I see well alright, thx! I’ll make sure to do that before ever using an image! Oh also I have one more question. If you have an account on an art site and you have made some art that you’d like to use, how would you go about that?
Ghost17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Ghost16 wrote:I see well alright, thx! I’ll make sure to do that before ever using an image! Oh also I have one more question. If you have an account on an art site and you have made some art that you’d like to use, how would you go about that?

Depending on what you wish to do with it, you should simply be able to right click and copy it, then paste it where you want on this site. As it is your own art, you shouldn't need to credit the source? Unless the site has rules about offsite art use.
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghost17 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:21 am

Alright thank you! What about gifs I see a lot of those are they aloud to be used? Sorry I know these are a lot of questions but I promise this is the last one!
Ghost17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:52 am

Gifs follow the same rules as images. Most gifs come from official, widespread things (movies, tv shows, music videos, anime, etc.) which are allowed to be used - just make sure it's official art or screencaps taken directly from the show, etc. and not fanart (fanart follows the same rules of having to be free to use, or get permission from the artist). Celebrities or anyone well known is fine (singers, actors, youtubers, models, etc.) Rules for Images and Text Posts in the Roleplay Boards - I just quoted the part that's relevant to where you can and can't take images/gifs from ^^
    Tess wrote:
    • Your reference image should either be something you personally own the rights to use (such as a drawing you made), or something which is widely distributed online for fan use such as celebrity/movie images, famous models, or TV characters. Remember this only includes official artwork/images such as gifs or screencaps from shows, not fanart drawn by other people.
    • Please pay careful attention to the source of anime-style artwork, as many of the anime images found online are not available for free use. If you want an anime style reference picture please remember you may only use official artwork such as gifs or screencaps from shows, not fanart or original designs made by other artists. The only exceptions are if you have the artist's permission, or you drew the image yourself. If you recieved special permission from an artist to use their drawing you need to credit the artist well visibly and provide evidence of the permission given.
    • You should never use someone's personal art/fanart/photography/characters/fursonas which you found on Google search or on websites like deviantart, tumblr, furaffinity, Chicken Smoothie and related image sharing websites unless the artist/photographer gave you permission to use it, or said that it was for anybody to use.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghost17 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 am

Alright thank you, I appreciate everyone’s help!
Ghost17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me