Marking UR's as UR's? {DISCUSSION}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or None?

UR Markers like Storepets and PPS, along with a FAQ link
89%
Other(PM me!)
2%
Keep things the same
10%

Total votes : 126

Marking UR's as UR's? {DISCUSSION}

Postby hotel?trivago. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:41 pm

So, UR's, they can only be released once a year and are some of the rarest pets on CS. There's really no way to know that they're different from normal pets, sure they may have fancier art, or they might be a different species, like the Veggies and Fruits. But this could easily be mistaken as a normal adopt, just like how the Malk Smiley is a different species, but was a regular adopr.

We've seen recently the Storepets being tagged with a little "C$" tag. I feel like UR's should be marked as well, just like PPS tags, or BBS tags. The fancy lineart or design isn't enough to distinct them from normal pets, especially event pets. Many event pets have these fancy markings or extra things added onto them.

Another addition to them adding on a "UR" tag, would be something under the pet's page saying "This Pet is a UR" followed by "What does that mean". This could possibly link to an informational page.

I'm bringing this up as we all know, Dec. 18 is 8 days away, new UR's to be released, as well as old ones. Every year new players get ninja'd not knowing that their pet isn't a new one. This could also help, but not stop the issue with new players, and players not knowing what a UR is, sending unfair trades.

I'd love to hear everyones thoughts! Bumping helps !

Current Discussion: Where is the line drawn? >> I personally believe UR's and Zebras should tagged,, as UR's are and have only ever been available once a year, and the chances of getting it once a year is rare. Zebra's are the same, but only one or two monthly are given out. They are not pets that were regularly available for several days at any point in time.

Update>> 6/8/19 With the list now disbanded, and I'm back from my hiatus, there is now a line to be drawn at. UR's. UR's are official CS pets, and the list was always user based. About where the line would be drawn, is currently being discussed, but the link regardless would benefit many.

6/9/19 Accounting for Zebra Trio with the UR's, and possibly the Red, White, and Blue Malk dragons. This is to inform users that they are different from monthlies/event pets. A lot like the PPS and Store Tags info link. ((Discussion starts Pg 5)
Last edited by hotel?trivago. on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻
◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅
╔═══════════╗
◐ danny • she/her ◑ woo◑
Hey <3 I love playing instruments and singing ! I play 6 instruments and still learning more! I'm a Christian who loves worship and her youth group ! I'm often on playstation with my friends or on here. I play field hockey and run indoor and outdoor track ! I'm always down to make new friends because I love people <3
i was hotel trivagol
signature made by the golden god
━━━━━━━━━━━━
100 tokens UFA
hotel?trivago.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marking UR's as UR's?

Postby Looperslair » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:54 pm

This sounds like an interesting idea. I see where you're coming from, and I agree about letting newer players know that there are new URs every year.

Although, it's kind of fun to wonder which pets are the new URs. If they came already marked, it would rid of any mystery or speculations. (This is just my opinion).

Could there be another way of warning new members? Maybe stating on December 18th in the announcements or advent page to look out for new special release pets?

━━━━𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓼.━━━━━━
𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓪𝓼
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
╔══════════╗
Free Pets | Auction | Trade Me

credit
╚══════════╝

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
━━━𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓮.
Looperslair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotel?trivago. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Looperslair wrote:This sounds like an interesting idea. I see where you're coming from, and I agree about letting newer players know that there are new URs every year.

Although, it's kind of fun to wonder which pets are the new URs. If they came already marked, it would rid of any mystery or speculations. (This is just my opinion).

Could there be another way of warning new members? Maybe stating on December 18th in the announcements or advent page to look out for new special release pets?

I believe they already do a thing on the announcements, but like you said, it would rid mystery and speculation, I (personally) feel like the speculation might be a bad thing, because usually players get ninja'd before the pet can be fully grown. Those are just my thoughts though <3
▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻
◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅
╔═══════════╗
◐ danny • she/her ◑ woo◑
Hey <3 I love playing instruments and singing ! I play 6 instruments and still learning more! I'm a Christian who loves worship and her youth group ! I'm often on playstation with my friends or on here. I play field hockey and run indoor and outdoor track ! I'm always down to make new friends because I love people <3
i was hotel trivagol
━━━━━━━━━━━━
100 tokens UFA
hotel?trivago.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buggo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
'''o-o'''''''

i'm not good with knowing which pets are which. that'd be nice :eyes:
buggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kemiii » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Yes please!

Now while I've been a CS member since 2011 (though I took a hefty break between like 2013-2015), I'm not very informed when it comes to UR pets. For the longest time I had no idea what it meant (I thought it was like "ultra rare" or something! Hah!) and even after I learned it stood for "unreleased," I didn't quite understand the concept for some time. While I understand all that now, you could still throw a random UR pet at me and I probably wouldn't even KNOW it's a UR. To me it could just be any other pet! I feel like adding a "UR" tag to unreleased pets, just as we do with PPS pets and the "What does this mean" informational button, a lot of CS users will be able to better understand what exactly these pets are and be more informed about their value!

For those of us worried about tagging it as a "UR" will ruin the mystery and speculation... is it possible that this tag could be added at a later date, just like the way rarities are revealed a month or so later?

Image TRADES WANTED Image
my trade thread | ©

. S E A R C H I N G . F O R .
| Orange Cerberus | Red Cerberus | Malk Element Cats |
| C$ | wishlist bunnies | wishlist warrior cats | Malk Pale Swirl Wolf |

past usernames: "TheMoonfeather" , "xKemi" , "therapy dough."
kemiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm

One UR does have a tag on it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jacob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Shian wrote:One UR does have a tag on it.

Do you know if there is a reason only the second stage of the UR Bwolf has a tag because that’s actually really interesting.
🐍 CS' #1 Snake Lover! Hoard: 26798 [Goal: 30000] 🐍
Image Image Image
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
🎊 You've collected at least 15000 different pets! 🎉
🎂 12-27-2023
Jacob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daydreamer99 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Jacob wrote:

Do you know if there is a reason only the second stage of the UR Bwolf has a tag because that’s actually really interesting.

Maybe so it didn't get confused with similar-looking 2nd stage butterfly wolves from that same time period?
daydreamer99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotel?trivago. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Jacob wrote:

Possibly because all BW look the same in the second stage? Most of the time that is.
▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻
◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅
╔═══════════╗
◐ danny • she/her ◑ woo◑
i was hotel trivagol
━━━━━━━━━━━━
100 tokens UFA
hotel?trivago.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:10 pm

All of my support! That would make things so much better for everyone. I don't really understand how marking them "UR" would "ruin the mystery" though. It only takes people about half an hour at most on the 18th to figure out which pets are the new URs. They do kind of stand out, especially if you're an older/more experienced player. So really, marking them as URs right away wouldn't ruin the fun, it would just help newer players that might end up with them to hopefully realize "oh wow, this is a special pet, I should be careful."

xKemi wrote:For those of us worried about tagging it as a "UR" will ruin the mystery and speculation... is it possible that this tag could be added at a later date, just like the way rarities are revealed a month or so later?

Well that wouldn't really help, I don't think. A lot of the ninja trades happen the first few hours of the 18th, so if they waited to mark URs until later, it would be too late for the people that would end up being scammed.

Jacob wrote:

Yes, they marked that particular stage UR because otherwise, it looks exactly like the other cocoons.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────