Suggestion: Night Mode Theme - Poll - WIP 1st post

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Night mode? Yay or Nay?

YAY!
97%
NAY!
3%

Total votes : 552

Suggestion: Night Mode Theme - Poll - WIP 1st post

Postby UR Kob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm

**EDIT 4/6/21** OOF I havent checked this in a hot minute. Alas, life is crazy thing. Nice to see people still support and are coming up with great points and ideas!! Thanks y'all! Please see my post in the thread here. I also plan on creating some general mock-ups to play around with hue, value, and contrast so hopefully i can do that soon! Stay tuned! I'm also going to go through the thread and add lists of concerns and opinions and such to this front post but my time is limited. In the meantime please continue discussing!

**Edit** Weve already got a lot of support on thiis thread, but I wanted to make a poll too just incase people didnt want to post or what idk. ive seen other topics on the board with polls so it looked like a good idea

OG Post:
Hi there! My suggestion is that maybe in the future could there be a night-mode theme, similar to how Twitter's operates with varying dark blues and white text, so that way the screen isnt as bright and harmful to the eyes? Right now I'm using the halloween one and its okay, but the yellow and white on the forums is still kind of bright. Even the CS Business, Greyscale, and Space themes are still bright because they have white accents
Last edited by UR Kob on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 am, edited 11 times in total.
Pet's name: Bean
UR Kob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestiion: Night Mode Theme

Postby Erythro » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm

i honestly support this a lot. i use space because it's the darkest skin but something darker would be even better.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Support, especially if it can be added to the mobile version.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnimalAtHeart » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 pm

i support! Just adding another board preference shouldnt be too had i dont think? A night mode would be great
not very active anymore...
Gryph/Cricket/Ammie | they/them
you can pm me, but it may take me a while to get back to you
toyhouse | tumblr | artfight
AnimalAtHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Support! Especially something for us mobile users...? It’s hard to use Cs in the day let alone night on mobile.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:31 am

Support! A theme where the posts are black and the text is white would be a blessing to my eyes.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:34 am

Support from me!

If you wanted to, you can download an extension for your browser called Dark Reader. It automatically inverts bright colours on whatever page you're on and creates darker themes even if that particular site doesn't support a night mode. I use it pretty much all the time lol

Fair warning though, it doesn't like CS' navigation buttons at the top, but it does the job ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittycentral~ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:38 am

I fully support this! c: It would be nice to have it on the mobile version, too.
Kittycentral~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goose » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:54 am

I support this! Great for players with Light Sensitivity, The intensity of white backgrounds is greater and can do harm to the eyes. If you fix your eyes on things on a white background for a long time, you can feel your eyes distending pain, then you need to drip some eye drops to relieve the discomfort. The black background will be the most benefit of the eyes to read.
goose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UR Kob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am

I'm so glad to see that other people are as interested in and supportive of this as I am! :D I'm an illustrator with glasses who does a lot of digital art so having all the help I can get with protecting my eyes is appreciated haha. Photoshop is nice because its dark, but as soon as I open anything else my eyes explode. When Twitter released nightmode I along with many of my friends were so happy. I think it would be really neat if applied to here, especially when theres a lot of looking, reading, and staring involved in this site

Dama wrote:Support from me!

If you wanted to, you can download an extension for your browser called Dark Reader. It automatically inverts bright colours on whatever page you're on and creates darker themes even if that particular site doesn't support a night mode. I use it pretty much all the time lol

Fair warning though, it doesn't like CS' navigation buttons at the top, but it does the job ^^

OOoooo that's pretty nifty! Thank you, I'll definitely have to look into that and try it out! :D But even then when I'm on my phone late at night (whether it be mobile or desktop version), or out and about I would still love to not have to download an extension or app that may or may not affect the rest of the chickensmoothie viewing experience (looking at pets, art, signatures etc)
Last edited by UR Kob on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pet's name: Bean
UR Kob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me