Oekaki links to images?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Oekaki links to images?

Postby 22tabby » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:38 am

For the longest time I have never been able to figure out how to turn an Oekaki link into an image on another thread! Can anyone help? Thanks!
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki links to images?

Postby Shinryu » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 am

Hey there; you can post Oekaki images just like any other picture - by copying their image address, and then inserting it into [img] tags, like this:
    Code: Select all
    [img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=3040149&size=large&format=auto&rev=1516229673[/img]

You can also replace the 'large' part of the URL with 'medium' or 'small' to change the image size.

To get the image link, simply right click on your drawing on the thread, then select 'Copy Image URL' or 'Copy Image Location' for Google Chrome and Firefox, or by selecting 'Properties', highlighting the given link, right clicking, and selecting 'copy' for Internet Explorer.

Hope that helps!

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 am

Any way to do this on mobile- IPhone?? I’m trying to figure it out still, and am having no luck.
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 am

I believe if you tap the image and hold your finger down for a while it should give you a pop-up menu with an option to "copy".
    Doing this and then pasting it into the post editor should give you the image URL.
    Admittedly, it's been a whole while since I've last held an iPhone, but if that's not how it works, I'm sure there's plenty of iPhone owners here to help :'D

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

This is all I get, but the copy and open in new tab both just bring me to the thread topic instead of the image.

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 am

Sorry for the late response, I assumed someone with an iPhone might be able to jump in and help.
    I asked a friend who has one, and from what I gathered, the problem with Oekaki images may be that due to them being clickable to expand/minimize them, your phone copies the thread link instead of the image link.

I'm not sure how that could be circumvented (short of saving the image and uploading it somewhere), but I do have a fix for drawings that you've either created yourself, or ones that you can edit/colour in:
    When you click the "edit drawing" button (or copy the link without clicking, of course), there'll be a part in the URL that says "drawing_id=[number]".
    This number is the ID for the drawing (it's not the same as the ID of the thread itself). If you copy this number into the following URL where I put NUMBER, you should be able to post your image.
    Code: Select all
    [img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=NUMBER&size=large&format=auto[/img]

It's not exactly an elegant solution, but this way you'll at least be able to post your own drawings^^

I'm afraid if no users have an idea you might be best off trying to google a solution, as it seems to be a general iPhone related thing rather than Oekaki-/CS-specific.

Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 am

Mm, okay! I’ll keep this in mind and try to see what I can do! Thanks for the help ZEL

#EverythingIsZEL

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me