Better "Art Shop" Organization [Suggestion] [UPDATED]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Better "Art Shop" Organization [Suggestion] [UPDATED]

Postby GAIRENTH » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 pm

UPDATE:
As opposed to just suggesting a change for a separate Art Trades Forum to be in the Art Shops Category, I decided to just pile all helpful and organized Forum ideas here.

Not sure how to start this, but I'll give it a go!
All Suggested "Art Shop" Related Forum suggestions will be listed below with the explainations of why we need it, along with pros and cons of if we applied it!

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

Art Trade Forum
I feel like there's a lack of a proper and easy to find place for Art Trades among the Forums. By default, I would assume the Art Shops forum would be home to it, but it feels out of place since that's more so for buying art, and not many shop owners are looking for Art in return.
-
There are a few threads people can go to such as either of the DCAY Threads, or a small seemingly unknown Art Trade thread found in the Gallery Discussion Forum.
But with those threads there are limitations I personally feel too held back from, and I wish to find more individual organization and less strict rules.
-
When it comes to the Art Trade thread, you're limited to your own post, which can make it difficult to organize the information you're providing. It's not like creating your own Art Shop where you can use several separate posts on the first page to display your information neatly and have it easier to navigate with post links.

With the DCAY, you're following a set of rules that may not work for you. Deadlines can be good thing, but what about when life interferes, or perhaps you want to take on a large project that takes more time? You're also limited to piece for piece trades, so you can't ever do a massive bulk trade Or Character Swap trades. You also have to watch the thread for a character you want to draw, and that can sometimes take forever, and you always end up missing some good ones that you would feel comfortable drawing.
-

With a separate Art Trade Forum,
users will be able to:

- Make their own Threads with their own posts to organize and display their information.
-Have a place that they can pay for Art with their own Art as opposed to currencies and pets they may not have.
-Take on as many trades as they can handle personally.
-Take on whatever type of trade they would like [Portion Only Type Trades/Bulk Trades/"Sona Swaps"/Multiple Pieces for One Piece/Species Restricted Trades, etc.]
-Easily find Art Trade partners instead of digging through Art Shops and asking shop owners If they accept art as payment.
-Not be forced to use the Oekaki for Art Trades found in the Oekaki Forums.

CONS
As witnessed with the locking of the DCAY thread, if there is a forum dedicated to Art Trades, there is a possibility of scams.
However, we could just treat it the same as we do with Off-Site trades whereas it is a "trade at your own risk." Because like off-site trading, staff may not be able to step in and help you if something goes wrong. The only difference though would be as opposed to having a thread where other people run and handle it, it will be like off-site trades where you have to handle it yourself and be prepared to take a loss or win.

Users Seeking/Buying Art Forum.
It seems whenever you enter the actual "General Art Shops" Forum, not only do you find few Art Shops, but you tend to see half, or sometimes even the majority of these threads to be other users doing the same as you: seeking art. However, this has become quite the problem whereas while seeking art and creating a thread to do so, users are clogging up the Forum and making it much more difficult to distinguish who is actually selling art and which threads are actually art shops. So with that, we should create a separate place for those seeking and buying art!

There is a Thread dedicated to users seeking art, but it seems most players get ignored or never seen on that thread, thus causing them to span out and make their own. It also does help to have your own thread as it allows for better personalization as well as organization.

These art-searching threads aren't necessarily the problem, they do a lot of good for those who make them, but they do a disservice users when they're cluttering up the wrong place. Therefore, we should let them have their own space.
-

If these threads had their own place:

-It allows for Organization of users' threads as opposed to being limited to one post.
-Allows for Artists to easily find people to sell their art to when no one's biting.
-Allows for Artists WITHOUT an art shop to easily find users wanting art without having to run and wait on an Art Shop.
-Allows other users to browse the Art Shop Forum without having to sort through Searching For Art Threads.
- More.

--

Credit to Meduz for thier idea.
Meduz wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested before but it's something that has been bugging me for a while. The General Art Shops forum is clogged up with a mixture of people seeking and selling art with no easy way to filter out people seeking art to find the shops that are selling art. There are a lot of 'trading whole account for art' and 'quitting need art' type threads and it makes it difficult to find art shops, it also means art shop owners are having to bump their thread more often to get their art seen.
I propose either a subforum for people to post when they are looking for art or a rule put in place to encourage people to use the 'users searching for art' topics.
This would make it easier for artists to find people looking to buy art and for customers to find art shops.

Other
Unavailable.

I would love to know what everyone else thinks of this!
If anyone has anything to add whether as support or rejection of the idea, it is very much welcomed!
Last edited by GAIRENTH on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Separate Forum for Art Trades [Suggestion]

Postby GAIRENTH » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:56 am

-
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Separate Forum for Art Trades [Suggestion]

Postby GAIRENTH » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:35 am

-
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Better "Art Shop" Organization [Suggestion] [UPDATED]

Postby -Blufox » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:13 pm

support, this would make browsing the art shop thread so much easier
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 pm

--
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whitesnowpaw » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:43 am

Yooo me as an artist supports this! :0
Image I'm Trying To Get 1 Of Each Pet!Image
Whitesnowpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolf~ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:25 am

Support both.
The art shop Forum is just too cluttered.
Separating it would be a huge headache relief.
Not as active due to work - On for commissions - PMs will be answered at a later time - Thanks.
...PrinceHoundsStarWarsHindogesXFAQWeasylArtShopPlayStation.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ShadowWolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Thank you for including my suggestion :)
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 am

Meduz wrote:Thank you for including my suggestion :)

Of course!
The Art Shops forums really needs some organization, and sub-forums, and this was a fantastic idea for it!
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlizzardTheWizard » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 am

100% support this. It's a bit of a clutter as is right now.

hi! Call me bliz or whatever else you can think of. I use she/they pronouns. Feel free to PM me :)

Toyhouse: BlizzardTheWizard
Discord: BlizzardTheWizard#3894
PFP by Shadeyenova
BlizzardTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me