Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should the message change?

Keep the message how it is.
5%
Change it to something a bit less upsetting, but keep it a little bit sad.
16%
Change it to something neutral, like "hey, remember me? I'm a pound pet! It's ok if you wanna trade me though."
34%
Change it to literally just "this trade you made contains a pet you got from the pound, are you sure?"
25%
Get rid of the message entirely.
20%

Total votes : 398

Re: Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Postby alphias » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 am

I literally got one of these today xd. I like it because it makes me remember how much time I put into refreshing the pound until I found the pet I wanted but am trading now.

I say to keep it, but I may change my mind later. Depending on how many I get. Maybe make it slightly less sentimental though?
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby farewell » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am

I agree the messages are a bit uncalled for. I vote to get rid of pound-pet messages entirely.
farewell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galifey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:10 am

I agree with all this, and it's kind of worse when you're sending the pet as a gift or something, because it makes you feel bad about being nice!
ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Galifey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The White Hart » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks to this thread I have now figured how to block those annoying messages. And, my two cents, they shouldn't be here in the first place. This game is about collecting and trading; the pound letter just sends the wrong message, implying it's wrong or cruel to trade your pets away.

Anyhow, thanks for helping me figure out how to get rid of the cursed things!
The White Hart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rozzidoodles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:06 am

This website is about collecting and trading pets. The pound is a way to get more pets. Some people feel an emotional attachment to all their pets and want to keep them, some people view them as things to trade to complete goals. I don't believe that the pound PM is right in any way, it's attempting to guilt trip you into keeping a pet you may not want. Honestly it irritates me a lot, heck I accidentally picked up a duplicate pet a while back and someone else wants it. My goal on site is one of each pet. One. I don't think I should be guilt tripped for helping someone else get what they want while I work towards my goals either. I vote to get rid of the message entirely. Plus it's kind of uncalled for especially with COPPA members to have the message of "they were going to put me down" like, really? You're going to tell an under-13 that their pet would have died, and other pound pets could too? I don't agree with it at all.
rozzidoodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C418 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 am

I would change it, some people who have anxiety or something related to that I’ve seen who don’t like to trade pound pets because of teh message,
C418

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C418 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 am

Betta132 wrote:Nobody needs to be taught that pets are euthanized in pounds. If someone doesn't know that, they're probably a child, and they don't need to be told. It's upsetting and does no good, children can't go out and adopt pets. If they're an adult capable of adopting a pet and saving it, they probably know already that there's a need to do so.

The child should be taught about it, that’s not the goal of animal shelters,they hate doing but noting else can be done.
C418

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:51 am

I would say get rid of the message completely.

The notification is nice for those who want it, some people like to keep all their pound rescues.
So, if it were to stay, the message should be changed to just another notification such as what's included in the poll, but maybe add in something heartfelt for those who want that. Such as:
"[Pet] you included in a trade is a pound rescue!
Cancel/Edit if you wish for them to stay, or allow them to find another good home!"

It's informative of the Pound Pet, and it represents the pet in a better condition, but is allowing of the pet to venture beyond their rescue home. You have the choice to have them stay, or "allow" them to go on.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Heya :)
    The Pound pet message has now been changed to no longer include the "put me to sleep" part.
    Below is a screenshot of the new message.

While there are obviously still a lot of people who would prefer no message at all, this one will hopefully no longer cause discomfort for people who lost real life pets.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 pm

bring this back ughhh its not exactly difficult to turn off the message but its pretty uncomfortable to read the first couple times and kinda scared me as a new player, its completely unnecessary :( id suggest disabling it initially because I dont see what good it ever does!
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me