Help With Trading

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Help With Trading

Postby SluLooLoo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 am

Hi Everyone!

I was on Chicken Smoothie for a while four years ago, and now I don't remember how trading works. As in, I don't remember how to find people to trade with. I have an OMG So Rare, some very rares, and some rares if anyone is willing to trade. I am really open to anything, but specifically, I do like the goats if you have them.

I apologize if this is really dumb! If there are any forums or threads someone could point me to so I can find people to trade with, that'd be great! Thanks!!
Come trade with me!
SluLooLoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help With Trading

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:05 am

Welcome back!

I can help you with trading advice, etc.

The first thing to understand is rarities.

There are a lot of factors to take with dates of pets. First of all year and month are important for the majority of the pets. Store pets, Extended Release and Rare List Pets will have different values than the majority of pets on the site.

Most pets are released in a specific month and usually you would use the 3 month rule. There are some pets that re-released which are mainly released on Dec. 18th and the one time on Dec. 24th. These pets you will have to search the Archive to find the original dates. There are also UR's "Unreleased Pet" that are only released on the very special re-release day. These pets are on the Rare List.

Store pets will never be released again on the site. You have to use C$ to buy them and their values differ depending on year as well as demand. Some Store pets are Rare List pets.

Rare List pets have their own unique values. They are basically the most valuable pets on CS minus custom pets which only some staff members/very close friends of Tess and Nick have on the site. Rare List pets also go by the term List Pets. To find more information about them go to this url: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112366

Extended Release pets are pets that were available for a long period of time. These pet values differ and usually go by the last available date they were available. However, some of these pets may also be list pets, so in those situations, they will go by the list pet value.

Here is the Guide to Extended Release: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1812615

Aside from the types of pets on the site, certain types of pets are more popular than others. Usually rats are the least favored while dogs are the highest favored. This means that people might pay more for a dog than a rat. In addition, there are different rarities on the site: OMG So Commom < Very Common < Common < Uncommon < Rare < Very Rare < OMG So Rare.

Once you understand rarities, you can trade :)

To trade, you must first find a partner. We recommend visiting the CS Trades forum to find a partner willing to trade for items you are looking for: Forum/viewforum.php?f=15 If you are looking to trade for pets in the current month, there is always an Official Monthly Swap Thread where you can post for or look for certain pets you need.

When you find a partner you'd like to trade with, on their post or their profile, there is a link that says "Trade With Me." Click that link. You should first read your partner's trade rules. Then, towards the bottom of the screen, you can add pets to both sides of the trade. The top side of the trade should include things you want from them. The bottom side of the trade should contain things you are willing to give them in exchange. Remember to be fair!

Once you have finished adding pets, select 'Ask them to accept the trade' or 'Ask them to edit trade and send it back'. The first option will send your partner the trade ready to accept. The second means you want your partner to edit the trade, either to add other things, or to fix it - they cannot accept it immediately.
Then you can add a message to your trade, and select 'send trade'.

Sometimes people will send trades to you. If this happens, you will see options like the ones below:
Accept trade means you will accept the trade as is. Edit trade will let you edit the pets in the trade and send it back to your partner. Sometimes your trade partner will send you a 'suggestion' which means the accept button will not appear - you must edit the trade and send it back to them to accept or continue editing.

Hopefully this all makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions!
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌