Quick Question About Rarities

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Quick Question About Rarities

Postby houndoom » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 am

I was wondering if there is any actual reason why so many pets turn uncommon recently? I'm going to give the recent June 2018 fox litter as an example, where even though there was only one outcome (the pineberry PPS) people seemed to have trouble finding, the entire litter turned uncommon. I don't remember thah happening anytime back in the day, but then again I was on a hiatus since 2013 until this year so i don't know.
The only time I saw this happening was during the advent, when the GUPPS for instant would all be Uncommon, but i figured this was because the pets are only available for a day at a time :thinkney:
Could anyone shed some light on this? Thank you!

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:35 am

It seems like the adoption limits have been lower lately, which means less pets and higher rarities. You are usually able to adopt a few pets above the number of outcomes in the litter (for example, say that there are 5 outcomes in the litter, but the adoption limit is 8) - it seems like that is being lowered (such as, there are still 5 outcomes in the litter, but the adoption limit is only 6*) While a 1 or 2 pet change in the adoption limit may not seem like much, it really is considering thousands of users will be adopting them, so that's hundreds or thousands less pets.

* Numbers used are a relative example, I haven't really paid attention to actual numbers, just noticed that there are less extras after getting a complete set.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quick Question About Rarities

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 am

Yeah, adding to Nicky's point, there were 10 GH cat outcomes and where usually we'd get to adopt x1.5 of the outcomes, we only got to adopt 13 cats. I also don't know why this is, but I am wondering if it's a precursor to some kind of change to rarities. That's entirely speculation on my end though!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]