Chicken Paint Pen Pressure

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Chicken Paint Pen Pressure

Postby MotherMother » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello! I'm trying to get pen pressure to work on my computer. I use chickenpaint, I have a wacom tablet, and I'm using Firefox.
I followed these instructions:
Desmond wrote:
“How do you use pen pressure/a tablet with Chicken Paint?"

From the FAQ:
    If you're using the new "ChickenPaint" Oekaki tool (it'll say "ChickenPaint" next to the menu options), then click "Help -> Tablet support" in ChickenPaint for instructions on using a graphics tablet.

I made it to here but I'm stuck because I don't know what to do next.

Thank you for any help!

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chicken Paint Pen Pressure

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 am

Hi there!

Have you gotten the most recent drivers for your tablet and then restarted the browser?

You should be able to get the updated drivers from Wacom's website for free. Then, right click on Firefox and quit the application to make sure you shut it down all the way (just clicking the red x on the window might not always do it).

I hope this helps, please let me know if you are still having troubles!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Thank you for your help! However I'm still having issues

I think I do not have the most recent drivers for my tablet. I took lots of screenshots to hopefully make it as clear as possible <3
I found Wacom's website using the link shown in the screenshot in my first post.
First off, I tried downloading it yesterday. I clicked the download button next to the MacOSX option in "Latest drivers". It seemed to work fine and I got a pop up which asked if I wanted to save or open it, and I chose save. This is what it looks like from my Finder on my mac. I actually tried downloading it twice, I believe one of them is the windows version (I know that doesn't work but at the time I thought I might as well try). However, now when I open that download from my Finder, I get this for both of them, and nothing happens.

So I decided to try to download it again. However, when I went back to wacom's website, when I click download I get a whole bunch of warnings from my computer. It makes me click a few confirmations and then pops up telling me it's not secure and "could mean someone is trying to impersonate this site". I did not continue past this point. I did not get this pop up messages when I downloaded it yesterday.

I had one more option to try. I have the wacom application itself on my desktop, so I know it is truly wacom. I get to here where I see I can update the driver. When I click, it takes me here, and when I click next, it takes me here and tells me to try again later. I try a few times throughout the day, but I get the same thing. Furthermore, when I try 2 times in a row, I get to here but it actually gives me no "next" button or "cancel" button, so I have to quit the wacom application and re-open it. I am wondering if something is wrong with wacom right now because of these abnormalities, and I'm scared of getting a virus

Sorry to make you read so much and thank you again for your help!

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:31 am

Thanks for all the screen shots, it really helps with understanding the problem!

First of all, I think you should restart your computer, just because that can help clear up a lot of odd problems. You should also check if there are any updated you can get for your computer, since that might be part of the issue when the drivers won't install - they only work on certain OS systems, so if your OS is too old it may not work.

Then, make sure that your computer settings allow you to download things from developers on the internet.

After you think all your settings and updates are current, then go to Wacom's site. Here's the drivers: https://wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers
You want this one:
If firefox continues to give you trouble for trying to download the drivers, you can try on Safari or Chrome. It may be a firefox issue.

You will then have to find the drivers in Finder and finish installing them. Restart your computer again, and see if that helps at all!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Thank you again for the response! I appreciate you taking the time to try and help c:
I was able to update the driver through the wacom application on my mac. I followed through completely and successfully installed the driver. However, after restarting firefox I still didn't have pen pressure, so I decided to try downloading it again, but this time from the website as you directed. Again I fully went through all the steps and was shown that it was successfully installed. I restarted firefox and my computer itself, but I still have no pen pressure. I checked on oekaki again and saw the same thing as before, but the thing concerning me is the part circled in red.
I assume this was this plugin, though it is under the header for "chibi paint" and not chicken paint. I'm not sure if this is the correct plugin? So I installed it fully (again, by finding it in my Finder and going through all the steps) and it said it was successful. I quit firefox and restarted my computer, still no pen pressure. I tried on safari as well and I don't have google chrome but I suppose I can get it if you think it will work?
I also completely reset firefox and got the same result. My computer should be completely up to date. It is Mac OS 10.13.4, and my tablet is Wacom intuos pro. The pen pressure works on other drawing programs like Photoshop, oekaki is the only program it doesn't work with.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

Hi~ I have a PC, but I actually also had a problem with Firefox and not having pen pressure in ChickenPaint (among all kinds of other annoying issues) despite all of my drivers and everything being up-to-date. I tried upating everything so many times, and nothing ever seemed to make a difference. (I have a Wacom tablet, too; a Bamboo Pen that's served me well over the years.)

One day, I decided to try using ChickenPaint in Microsoft Edge instead, just to see if that made any difference, and it worked. The pen pressure was working perfectly, and I had basically none of the annoying problems I was having in Firefox. Like Burrito Bunny said, it may just be an issue with that particular browser.
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 am

Yeah, Firefox seems to be having a couple issues recently. Maybe try chrome or safari?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you both for the help! Unfortunately even with trying different browsers, it still doesn't work. Maybe it's just something funky with my computer, I don't know :\

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am

I'm going to be that person and recommend trying Opera. I've had NUMEROUS issues with Oekaki and Firefox, but everything works fine in Opera. (Chrome has... other issues.)

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 am

Thank you for the help!
I'm unfamiliar with Opera, is it like an add-on to oekaki?

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image