Pets from banned users aren't in the pound

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pets from banned users aren't in the pound

Postby -Blufox » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 pm

I've noticed on a lot of banned/deleted users' accounts, there are still pets in their groups. I thought they were sent to the pound, because the admins occasionally remind us that if we cheat, our account will be banned and our pets will be sent to the pound. I believe this happened in the past but then they must have stopped.

Evidence:
Pound page wrote:Most of these pets were confiscated from players who were banned, so make sure you follow the rules, or your pets could end up here too!

One account rule page wrote:Players who create or control other accounts to get extra pets/items will be banned and their pets will be taken away. If you're trading with other people then they have to be real players, and not just accounts which exist to give you pets. If in doubt, don't.

2012 Easter ban warning wrote:Please don't do this, the pound is already overflowing with pets from banned cheaters.

old announcement from '08 wrote:- If we find people with multiple accounts who haven't PMed thenickdude about it, we will delete the accounts AND put the pets in the pound, so you'd better declare them to me to have your pets moved to your main account safely.

I have just found a whole bunch of people who haven't declared their spare accounts to me, and it looks like the Pound is about to receive over 1000 confiscated pets.

-snip-

Tightening up on this, think the Pound will be doing some BIG pet-grabs soon.

Not sure if it's outdated or not, but Nick has a group called "Confiscated pets (heading to pound)"
accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=41318&userid=65

Why aren't the pets in the pound then?
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pets from banned users aren't in the pound

Postby Shian » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:39 pm

There's nothing in that group.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pets from banned users aren't in the pound

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes, users who ask for their account to be deactivated by choice get to keep their pets in case they ever choose to have the account reactivated.

Users who have been banned don't always have the transfer happen right away. Bans can be appealed in certain cases, so nothing would be moved immediately, and since the pound already has so many pets there's no urgency to move them all over. Be assured that when they are needed the admins can get those pets where they need to be c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me