Pets And The Wiki?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pets And The Wiki?

Postby Serafina_Zephyr » Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 am

I can’t find a topic on this, so I thought I’d post this in the ‘help’ section :>
So, ah... Whilst browsing the CS Wiki for pet outcome names, I realized that a very large chunk are missing?

For example, no 16/17 horses, no chameleons, etc...

And about half the petss on the Wiki don’t have outcome/litter names? It’s just a 2nd archive in some pages, pictures with no names?

Are there any requirements for editing the wiki, to add pets/names? I know at least one species has some unofficial names, as stated by the page modifier. Do normal CS people have to wait for applications to open, like mods/artists/etc on CS...?
Or can we just make a wiki acc(?) and jump in to fixing things up a bit?

A lot of the Wiki seem dead, and I’d love a chance to try and bring it back to life for new and old CS players alike to use! Or even someone else working on it, that’d be wonderful too!

I’m just curious, sorry if this is long/confusing!
Pan - Ace
⟻ she/her ⟼
ASD - OCD/ISTJ - Scorpio (10/26)
❀ I trade FR stuff for CS stuff! I also accept art for my CS duplicates ❀
Serafina_Zephyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pets And The Wiki?

Postby Serafina_Zephyr » Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 am

Bump1
Pan - Ace
⟻ she/her ⟼
Serafina_Zephyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 am

The owner of the wiki, Dadwarf, hasn't been around for a while. I don't know who the other editors at the moment are, but that might be a place to start. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serafina_Zephyr » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 am

Hm, alright! I’ll try asking around a bit then, thanks for the starting point & info :>
Pan - Ace
⟻ she/her ⟼
Serafina_Zephyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu May 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Here is a list of the current approved editors for the CS Wiki. (It's... kinda awkward to say that DD own the CS Wiki...... I'm pretty sure Nick started the CS Wiki using MediaWiki and then invited various guide owners to create accounts on it [and, of course, made Tess an admin of the wiki], especially considering that Tess and Nick are the only administrators on it and Nick is the only user in the "bureaucrat" group on it........... -sweats profusely-)

The CS Wiki is a little bit different from other wikis you may have encountered in that it's not open for anyone to edit. I think it's to prevent chaos since CS has so many users. In addition, most of the information in the CS Wiki is static and doesn't need to always be changed, updated, or improved.

Most if not all of the CS Wiki pages have a corresponding thread on the forums here and are probably listed in this thread (Guide Index in CS Discussion). You can leave comments about the CS Wiki pages in the corresponding forum threads ^^
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serafina_Zephyr » Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 am

nickjr wrote:Here is a list of the current approved editors for the CS Wiki. (It's... kinda awkward to say that DD own the CS Wiki...... I'm pretty sure Nick started the CS Wiki using MediaWiki and then invited various guide owners to create accounts on it [and, of course, made Tess an admin of the wiki], especially considering that Tess and Nick are the only administrators on it and Nick is the only user in the "bureaucrat" group on it........... -sweats profusely-)

The CS Wiki is a little bit different from other wikis you may have encountered in that it's not open for anyone to edit. I think it's to prevent chaos since CS has so many users. In addition, most of the information in the CS Wiki is static and doesn't need to always be changed, updated, or improved.

Most if not all of the CS Wiki pages have a corresponding thread on the forums here and are probably listed in this thread (Guide Index in CS Discussion). You can leave comments about the CS Wiki pages in the corresponding forum threads ^^

Ah okay, thanks for the extra info :>
I figured I couldn’t edit it openly, but the static site info isn’t what I was looking to fix up— I meant how pets from 2015+, or entire species, are missing (along with names)! Thanks though <3
I’ll check out the thread in my freetime too, thanks again~
Pan - Ace
⟻ she/her ⟼
Serafina_Zephyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 am

nickjr wrote:Here is a list of the current approved editors for the CS Wiki. (It's... kinda awkward to say that DD own the CS Wiki...... I'm pretty sure Nick started the CS Wiki using MediaWiki and then invited various guide owners to create accounts on it [and, of course, made Tess an admin of the wiki], especially considering that Tess and Nick are the only administrators on it and Nick is the only user in the "bureaucrat" group on it........... -sweats profusely-)

Oh, sorry! Entirely my bad. Not sure where I heard that info :P

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x