some suggestions to add on cs

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

some suggestions to add on cs

Postby oakhearted » Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 pm

hey everyone, i have a few suggestions that i think cs should have!

---> chatrooms

---> advertising thread
-- as in like a thread / forum topic category for advertising things like giveaways, adoption centers, stores, auctions etc, and i'm not talking about the 'advertise your roleplay thread'

---> games
you know how wajas has their own games you can play to earn points and stuff, well i think chickensmoothie should have the same thing ^^
i'm not talking about forum games, i mean like mini games, like cs could have scramble, a word search or another example "find totoro (hide-and-seek)" and "guess the animal?" and maybe some puzzles and yeah, mini games like candy crush could be good ones to add too but with cs items and pets or even like food icons, etc.

--> a thing to say how many friends/reputation a person might have.

--> converting art done by you but using another art app e.g ibis paint x to oekaki

--> more contact methods in your profile.

--> a country flag thing where it displays what country/nationality you are.

--> some titles for people that are highly active on here.

--> adoptable items maybe?

--> a section for if you're an artist, where you can showcase art commissions you've done, also display if you're professional, hobbyist or amateur at art.

--> a thing to display how many pets you own in real life.

--> a thing to display your pet mascots, like on the front page of your profile.

--> being able to create your own stamps for your stamp collection

--> houses, so like your profile can have a team your in, example could be 'team totoro'.

--> a thing to display your favourite colours, likes and dislikes, mood, status update, etc.

Okay, so these are all my suggestions for now! I hope the cs staff will think about adding some of these!
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: some suggestions to add on cs

Postby oakhearted » Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 pm

oakhearted wrote:
hey everyone, i have a few suggestions that i think cs should have!

---> chatrooms

---> advertising thread
-- as in like a thread / forum topic category for advertising things like giveaways, adoption centers, stores, auctions etc, and i'm not talking about the 'advertise your roleplay thread'

---> games
you know how wajas has their own games you can play to earn points and stuff, well i think chickensmoothie should have the same thing ^^
i'm not talking about forum games, i mean like mini games, like cs could have scramble, a word search or another example "find totoro (hide-and-seek)" and "guess the animal?" and maybe some puzzles and yeah, mini games like candy crush could be good ones to add too but with cs items and pets or even like food icons, etc.

--> a thing to say how many friends/reputation a person might have.

--> converting art done by you but using another art app e.g ibis paint x to oekaki

--> more contact methods in your profile.

--> a country flag thing where it displays what country/nationality you are.

--> some titles for people that are highly active on here.

--> adoptable items maybe?

--> a section for if you're an artist, where you can showcase art commissions you've done, also display if you're professional, hobbyist or amateur at art.

--> a thing to display how many pets you own in real life.

--> a thing to display your pet mascots, like on the front page of your profile.

--> being able to create your own stamps for your stamp collection

--> houses, so like your profile can have a team your in, example could be 'team totoro'.

--> a thing to display your favourite colours, likes and dislikes, mood, status update, etc.

Okay, so these are all my suggestions for now! I hope the cs staff will think about adding some of these!
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rare~ » Mon May 21, 2018 1:46 pm

I agree- but the last one is already made. Your stamp collection πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
~Rare~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 pm

~Rare~ wrote:I agree- but the last one is already made. Your stamp collection πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

yeah but i mean to be able to make your own stamp
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm

b
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Mon May 21, 2018 5:00 pm

> Chatrooms: Chatrooms have been denied before, as there are simply way, way too many users, and not near enough moderators for it. I believe there actually used to be one at some point a long time ago, and it was said to be a disaster - and that was when CS was much smaller, though I can't find posts about it at the moment.

> Advertising Thread: I personally see no need for this. Just bump your topic whenever it falls off the first page and it will get noticed plenty. You can also place a link in your signature and trade rules to help advertise. It would probably just create more spam, as people already spam their trade and auction threads.

> Games: I believe this has also be denied before. Here are quotes from Nick (Admin and Coder) and Atwood (former Mod); from this thread
    Nick wrote:Most of the time, games on these sites are pretty boring and just there in order to earn credits. We'd definitely add a game if it was fun enough that people wanted to play it without there being a credit reward :). However, we don't really have any game development skills in the team at the moment. Perhaps later.
    Atwood wrote:I believe Nick and Tess have said they will never add games to the site, since CS was never meant to be an arcade-style game site and they don't want it to become one. ;3 Also, even simple customized games can be difficult to code and maintain, and things like Flash games are expensive to make and take a lot of server space to run, so they would take more effort and resources than they're really worth. There's also the potential issue that, if there were games, people would want to actually earn something through playing the games, which could lead to requests for new items or pets to be released through the games, in-game money or tokens of some sort, gaining C$ through games, and that sort of thing. Overall, it's just not something we really want to get into, since CS has always been primarily about collecting pretty pets (and more recently, dressing them up with items) and that's how we want to keep it. :3

> Friends/Reputation: I see nothing good coming from this. It would only lead to a popularity contest and lots of hurt feelings. Some people would probably bragging about how many friends they have or how popular they are, and others would potentially get upset because they don't have as many friends. There's really no need for it. As it is, nobody even knows who is on your friends list besides you, not even the people on the list.

> Upload to Oekaki: This will not happen - nothing can be uploaded into Oekaki to help prevent art theft. There is a whole board where you can post and share art created in another program though! Art Galleries & Discussion

> Contact Methods: Not totally sure what you mean here? If you mean other ways for members to contact you, that is not going to happen. Sharing things such as email, phone number, skype, kik, etc. is considered personally information and is not allowed on CS. If you want to share CS friendly ways for people to contact you, you can put that information in your signature.

> Nationality: Again, I see no need for this. There are stamps that you can place in your stamp collection with country flags on them if you'd like! You can also say this in your signature or interests. Some people may not want to share what country they're from.

> Titles: I believe CS is really meant to mostly be just a very simple, chill game where there aren't any real achievements or anything. Sure, it wouldn't hurt, but there are definitely a lot of things more beneficial to the site that should be looked at and implemented first. I'm just really indifferent on this.

> Adoptable Items: Also not really sure what you mean here? There are quite a few free items you can "adopt" in the store! If you mean something like a item pound - that has been said to be "in the works" since 2008/2009 or so.

> Art Showcase: You can already make a forum to showcase any kind of art you want in the Art Galleries & Discussion board!

> Real Life Pets: Again, more information that should just go in your signature or interests. I don't really see any need for special displays for random information like this-

> Pet Mascot: Indifferent to this. It wouldn't hurt to be able to place a pet on your profile page, but there are also plenty of places you can show off your pet already.

> Create Your Own Stamps: Also indifferent to this one. You can always place your own designs in your signature or trade rules - there are already a lot of people who place custom stamps and buttons in their signatures!

> Houses/Teams: Why? There's no reason or need for this.

> Misc. Information: Also information for your signature or interests. Some of these also have some stamps in your stamp collection.

Also, make sure not to bump your thread until it's fallen off the first page of the board it's in! In the help/suggestion board, it usually takes hours to days for that to happen. Bumping early is considered spam.
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
───┐
ImageImage
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
- πΏπ“Žπ“ƒπ‘’π“Žβ€‹
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby oakhearted » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Nicky Midnight wrote:
    > Chatrooms: Chatrooms have been denied before, as there are simply way, way too many users, and not near enough moderators for it. I believe there actually used to be one at some point a long time ago, and it was said to be a disaster - and that was when CS was much smaller, though I can't find posts about it at the moment.

> Advertising Thread: I personally see no need for this. Just bump your topic whenever it falls off the first page and it will get noticed plenty. You can also place a link in your signature and trade rules to help advertise. It would probably just create more spam, as people already spam their trade and auction threads.

> Games: I believe this has also be denied before. Here are quotes from Nick (Admin and Coder) and Atwood (former Mod); from this thread
    Nick wrote:Most of the time, games on these sites are pretty boring and just there in order to earn credits. We'd definitely add a game if it was fun enough that people wanted to play it without there being a credit reward :). However, we don't really have any game development skills in the team at the moment. Perhaps later.
    Atwood wrote:I believe Nick and Tess have said they will never add games to the site, since CS was never meant to be an arcade-style game site and they don't want it to become one. ;3 Also, even simple customized games can be difficult to code and maintain, and things like Flash games are expensive to make and take a lot of server space to run, so they would take more effort and resources than they're really worth. There's also the potential issue that, if there were games, people would want to actually earn something through playing the games, which could lead to requests for new items or pets to be released through the games, in-game money or tokens of some sort, gaining C$ through games, and that sort of thing. Overall, it's just not something we really want to get into, since CS has always been primarily about collecting pretty pets (and more recently, dressing them up with items) and that's how we want to keep it. :3

> Friends/Reputation: I see nothing good coming from this. It would only lead to a popularity contest and lots of hurt feelings. Some people would probably bragging about how many friends they have or how popular they are, and others would potentially get upset because they don't have as many friends. There's really no need for it. As it is, nobody even knows who is on your friends list besides you, not even the people on the list.

> Upload to Oekaki: This will not happen - nothing can be uploaded into Oekaki to help prevent art theft. There is a whole board where you can post and share art created in another program though! Art Galleries & Discussion

> Contact Methods: Not totally sure what you mean here? If you mean other ways for members to contact you, that is not going to happen. Sharing things such as email, phone number, skype, kik, etc. is considered personally information and is not allowed on CS. If you want to share CS friendly ways for people to contact you, you can put that information in your signature.

> Nationality: Again, I see no need for this. There are stamps that you can place in your stamp collection with country flags on them if you'd like! You can also say this in your signature or interests. Some people may not want to share what country they're from.

> Titles: I believe CS is really meant to mostly be just a very simple, chill game where there aren't any real achievements or anything. Sure, it wouldn't hurt, but there are definitely a lot of things more beneficial to the site that should be looked at and implemented first. I'm just really indifferent on this.

> Adoptable Items: Also not really sure what you mean here? There are quite a few free items you can "adopt" in the store! If you mean something like a item pound - that has been said to be "in the works" since 2008/2009 or so.

> Art Showcase: You can already make a forum to showcase any kind of art you want in the Art Galleries & Discussion board!

> Real Life Pets: Again, more information that should just go in your signature or interests. I don't really see any need for special displays for random information like this-

> Pet Mascot: Indifferent to this. It wouldn't hurt to be able to place a pet on your profile page, but there are also plenty of places you can show off your pet already.

> Create Your Own Stamps: Also indifferent to this one. You can always place your own designs in your signature or trade rules - there are already a lot of people who place custom stamps and buttons in their signatures!

> Houses/Teams: Why? There's no reason or need for this.

> Misc. Information: Also information for your signature or interests. Some of these also have some stamps in your stamp collection.

Also, make sure not to bump your thread until it's fallen off the first page of the board it's in! In the help/suggestion board, it usually takes hours to days for that to happen. Bumping early is considered spam.

Aw I mean contact things such as if you play wajas . animal jam or fr
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 am

oakhearted wrote:Aw I mean contact things such as if you play wajas . animal jam or fr

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go! ✦ icon
need help? ✦ guides ✦ for newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]