How does it work? Paperclip

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How does it work? Paperclip

Postby MothStarCreates » Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 am

paperclip challange... how does it work lol i want to know!
ImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImagexxImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImagexxImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IM GAY AND IM PROUD
I BUY 10 PETS FOR 1C$
please huggle me
Youtube:JasonProductions
Insta: JasonProductions2015
MUSIC PRODUCER
Credit

ImageImageImageImageImagexImage

MothStarCreates

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How does it work? Paperclip

Postby Shinryu » Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am

The "paperclip challenge" is a trading challenge inspired by the story of the One Red Paperclip, in which a man gradually bartered his way up from just a paperclip to a house within a year.

What it means in the context of CS is that a player starts off with just one or a few low value pets, and tries to trade them for more and more valuable pets, until they ultimately reach a goal they have set for themselves (for example a very rare pet).
    The only "rule" of a paperclip trade is that the pet you receive needs to be more valuable than the pet you give away. So, for example, you could trade a 2012 common for a 2011 common.

However, it needs to be said that a lot of players aren't particularly fond of receiving trade requests like that, since essentially, you are asking them to accept a trade that is unfair to them.^^ So it's usually best to stick to one of these options:
    - Make a paperclip group that people can choose to offer on. This way the overpay is on their terms and nobody feels annoyed about being sent unfair trades.
    - Trade up very gradually, by sticking to the so-called "three month rule". Generally speaking, pets of the same rarity that were released within three months of each other are considered a fair trade for one another. So you could try to trade, say, a July 2014 pet for a May 2014 pet, and then the May pet for a March pet... and so on. This way the trades are still considered fair, but you'll still end up slowly raising the value of what you have.

Hope that explains it a bit! :)

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MothStarCreates » Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am

how do i delete this thread?
ImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImagexxImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImagexxImageImageImagexxImageImageImageImageImagexImageImageImageImage

IM GAY AND IM PROUD
I BUY 10 PETS FOR 1C$
please huggle me
Youtube:JasonProductions
Insta: JasonProductions2015
MUSIC PRODUCER
Credit

ImageImageImageImageImagexImage

MothStarCreates

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am

Help threads like this one are usually locked rather than deleted if they have been answered, so that other users are able to find them in the search if they have a similar question.
    But generally, if you ever want to delete one of your posts or threads and somebody has already replied, all you gotta do is click the little "!" in the upper right hand corner of the post to report it.

Type into the message box that you want the post/thread deleted. That way the mods will know what you want them to do with the post.

(Note: If you have made a post and nobody has posted after you yet on the thread, then you are able to delete the post yourself. Just hit the little 'x' icon on the top-right of your post, and confirm that you want it deleted.)

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me