Help with my pets

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Help with my pets

Postby catmat63 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am

I’m back after 8 years xD are any of my pets worth anything? Or my items ? I used to love the site but obviously not enough since I completely forgot about it until now! Any cool events you guys loved in the past years?
catmat63

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help with my pets

Postby Shinryu » Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 am

Haha wow, that's quite a long hiatus you took there! :D
    As a general thing, all of your pets will have decent trade value, since they're all 6-10 years old at this point. Older pets are nearly always worth more than newer pets of the same rarity (with very few exceptions), so they'll make good trade fodder in any case.

On a first glace, the most valuable pet I saw was this rat:
    viewpet.php?id=85462676
    It's known as the Blue Rat and is found in the September List section of the Rares List guide.
    Its original release date is August 2008.
    You can find more information about the rares list on the guide thread itself, but to put it short: It's meant to be a list of the most valuable pets on the site, ranked by their trading value.

The other pets I've seen on your account all have regular trade value, which means they can be fairly traded for another pet of the same rarity that was released within 3 months of them.
    You do have a handful of older rares (and even another very rare), though, which obviously are overall of good trade value.
    3-4 2009 rares can get you a tier 1 advent list pet, for reference. (And one 09 rare equals 2 2010 rares, and so on...)
    This thread is very helpful if you want to know more about the value of some of your individual pets.

PS: If it helps - the other December 18th pets in your "Eggs" group are originally from Halloween 2009 and Christmas 2009, respectively.^^

As for your other question: I don't know how active you were between 2010 and 2012 (seeing how you have some pets from those years), but if you didn't know already: Starting in 2011 CS has been holding an annual summer event!
    Our summer vacation takes place in a different setting each year, and works similar to our easter and halloween events, meaning it's a token collecting event. It is, however, a lot bigger and has its own little storyline.
    I haven't seen any of the past event pets on your account, but in 2011 we had the Medieval Faire (which you seem to have items from), and in 2012 the Beach Vacation. But we've also been to space, egypt, a candy land, a dream land, and an underwater city!
    This event takes place in late July/early August, so if you've never fully participated, maybe this year you won't wanna miss it c:

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmat63 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Oh man thank you so much! Lot of info to take in! That summer vacation thing sounds so cool, I’ll definitely stick around to see them. I wasn’t really on for any events before because of school in the past but now that I’m a Stay at home mom I’ll have enough time! Thank you for the thread links as well, I’ll be sure to look at them!
catmat63

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Ah, I hope it wasn't too much at once^^ Didn't mean to overwhelm ya there!
    No worries - for the most parts CS still works a lot like it did back when you played, so I'm sure you'll find it easy to get used to most of it. It's just that trading just so happens to be one of the less simple parts, haha.
    If you haven't already, maybe it would be helpful to re-read our FAQ page as well :)

I wasn't sure how familiar you were with trading as a whole, but if you do want to learn a bit more about the topic, there is an entire section about trade and rarity advice in the guide index - so you can read up on things in your own time if you'd like.
    I'd just suggest to get advice on the fair trade thread before accepting any offers on your rare pets in the meantime^^ Trading can be confusing at times, but the folks over on the trade help threads are happy to help out anyone who needs it.
    (Nothing wrong with taking things slow, either^^ I know a lot of people just lock away their valuable pets until they've figured out how to trade them off, since it's not like you have to give them away.)

We have a separate event forum nowadays, so if you do stick around for any of them, that's where you will find the discussion and help threads for it.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here c: I always find it kinda heartwarming when people come back years after they've last played.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me