Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

The board to ask questions, report problems, or post suggestions about the site, forum, or pets.

How long do you think a bumping limit should be?

No limit
3%
5 minutes
25%
10 minutes
25%
15 minutes
18%
30 minutes
8%
1 hour (60 minutes)
8%
More than 1 hour
2%
I don't know but I like polls
10%

Total votes : 60

Re: Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

Postby Littlepaws12 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 pm

I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min
Littlepaws12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Littlepaws12 wrote:I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min

This is a very bad idea. What if you want trades today, but not tomorrow? Or how about someone who isn't even active? And if this auto bump thing does happen, it would mean no one would get seen because it would do that for everyone. Every single minute there would be bumps for (5000/60...) 8,333 new posts every single minute.
Click Here to see how many pets are on CS.

ImageImageImageImage<-Looking for these! $4 or trade.
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ Rowan ~ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Shian wrote:
Littlepaws12 wrote:I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min

This is a very bad idea. What if you want trades today, but not tomorrow? Or how about someone who isn't even active? And if this auto bump thing does happen, it would mean no one would get seen because it would do that for everyone. Every single minute there would be bumps for (5000/60...) 8,333 new posts every single minute.

Maybe it should only auto-bump with the person is active and has ...here accoutn set to trade bumps?
~ Rowan ~

~ Rowan ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby         irisidium » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Coalchaser wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

I really like the idea of it being automated. I think a set time of 15 minutes or so would be reasonable.

Support for this, 15 minutes seems good

xxxxx

hey, I'm Irisid or Aaron, a british guy (he/they)
who likes foxes, overwatch, stars & warrior cats.
I have 96.8% of a
complete collection and I'm
always up for PMs if you need help/want a chat <:

─────────────[I'M LOOKING TO ISOLATE ME]───
need help? | guides | for newbies | my links
────[TERRA INCOGNITA, BABY!]──────────────

x
x
x
x

ImageImage
        irisidium
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Something I think could be added is, if we added more threads on the first page/per page? It could definitely decrease the amount of bumping if there'd be enough. I know that a lot of mods can't really do that, but I feel we could try get this to the coders or whoever has the ability to do this? Please ignore this if it isn't possible 'v'
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:55 am

I support this idea!
Amethyst The Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

irisidium wrote:
Coalchaser wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

I really like the idea of it being automated. I think a set time of 15 minutes or so would be reasonable.

Support. Especially since I see so many people spam bump. I report spam bumpers all the time to staff and it’s prolly annoying as heck for them to have to deal with. That could sort of help their work load? Because as you said, as this site has grown there’s so many more people and a ton of those who bump every minute.
Offering C$ for any wishlist list pet.
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trenzalore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm

quote="ElementalInsanity"
        irisidium wrote:
Coalchaser wrote:

Support. Especially since I see so many people spam bump. I report spam bumpers all the time to staff and it’s prolly annoying as heck for them to have to deal with. That could sort of help their work load? Because as you said, as this site has grown there’s so many more people and a ton of those who bump every minute.[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support, but only support this as an idea that you opt into through your account settings, you can edit to have it bump every 15 mins, 30 mins, or hour; is slightly staggered so that 99 threads don't update instantly, and only works when you have been online 2 or so minutes before it's time for the system to bump.
Support my bf's youtube channel? Dark Siders 2 gameplay ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z62So-113WE&t=2s
111 pgs of wishlist to go (I edited my wishlist so I can only see rares in the pound. Will change it back soon)~
Lovingly Pro Choice
Really cool Taxidermy thread on CS, check it out http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=385397
Click please ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trenzalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 pm

irisidium wrote:
Coalchaser wrote:

Support for this too. Definitely 10-15 minutes perhaps, but for a board that moves as quickly as the CS Trades board I agree that 'hours' is a bit of a long time to wait.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
╔═════════════════════╗
𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚡
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚢
╚═════════════════════╝
Dama
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 am

Trenzalore wrote:Support, but only support this as an idea that you opt into through your account settings, you can edit to have it bump every 15 mins, 30 mins, or hour; is slightly staggered so that 99 threads don't update instantly, and only works when you have been online 2 or so minutes before it's time for the system to bump.

Ah I think you may be a bit confused. This isn’t about it automatically bumping the thread for you. That would create too much spam with how many users we have.
The suggestion is for it to limit people bumping about every 5+ or so minutes so people aren’t constantly bumping their threads.

And also agreed with you Dama, it shouldn’t be something that limits bumping for an hour or so, but I can see 5 minutes or something like that.
Offering C$ for any wishlist list pet.
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me