[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: [Suggestion] Mark store pets as store pets

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 am

Bump
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Up you go
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ‍‍⠀ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 pm

bump
‍‍⠀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:20 am

Still needed.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 am

Shian wrote:Still needed.

Totally agreed. I’ve been answering trades on the ftt where people don’t know the recent store pets are store pets and worth more than a rare or two from the same year.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Is there a visual stereotype for a store pet? Because I'm sure that the current amazing butterfly wolves don't fit it. The current store pets are among my favorite but they don't have any super Wild lineart edits that would make someone who's not familiar with them go "oh that's probably a store pet". I mean, scrolling down this page is a Bad Idea because it makes the current store pets look underwhelming. (They're amazing in their elegance and subtlety and what lineart edits they do have.) So until they get their rarities...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:16 am

nickjr wrote:Is there a visual stereotype for a store pet? Because I'm sure that the current amazing butterfly wolves don't fit it. The current store pets are among my favorite but they don't have any super Wild lineart edits that would make someone who's not familiar with them go "oh that's probably a store pet". I mean, scrolling down this page is a Bad Idea because it makes the current store pets look underwhelming. (They're amazing in their elegance and subtlety and what lineart edits they do have.) So until they get their rarities...

Not anymore. It used to be crazy lineart edits but with the artists gaining skill each and every year, there’s many pets where if you haven’t memorized them, there’s no way to tell. Just scroll through any event tab and whatever store tab you want and there will be no difference between them.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:26 am

Shian wrote:
nickjr wrote:Is there a visual stereotype for a store pet? Because I'm sure that the current amazing butterfly wolves don't fit it. The current store pets are among my favorite but they don't have any super Wild lineart edits that would make someone who's not familiar with them go "oh that's probably a store pet". I mean, scrolling down this page is a Bad Idea because it makes the current store pets look underwhelming. (They're amazing in their elegance and subtlety and what lineart edits they do have.) So until they get their rarities...

Not anymore. It used to be crazy lineart edits but with the artists gaining skill each and every year, there’s many pets where if you haven’t memorized them, there’s no way to tell. Just scroll through any event tab and whatever store tab you want and there will be no difference between them.

Can attest to that notion. I feel store pets used to stand out a lot more to regular pets in the past but eccentric and unique designs are becoming the monthly norm (particularly from 14/15 on-wards). Being on hiatus for a few years, I've came across pets in signatures, trade rules, etc where I've thought it was somebody's custom only to realise it had a rarity tag of unc/common from a monthly release.

Coming across this thread as of today, I'm very intrigued by the idea of separating regular monthly adopts from store-pets whether by a tag or in the archive.
To add to what Elem said about the FTT, it can easily be argued that people mistake re-releases in the same way as a R/VR of the year. It's seen a lot when people give incorrect advice to list-trades on the basis that that pet is ONLY a 2015/16 R/VR when in fact it was released in July 08 not December 2016.

Saying that then, should we have a tag on pets to say that they're a rerelease from XYZ date to prevent similar confusion? I'm aware that's slightly on a tangent but I think part of the store pet issue and argument advocating for recognition of store pet classification then comes down to the accessibility of pet rarities and understanding the archive better in general.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:33 am

Up
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me