>> •♦ The 'Sort-Pets by Mode' Suggestion ♦• << 82 Supports!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

>> •♦ The 'Sort-Pets by Mode' Suggestion ♦• << 82 Supports!

Postby Dellixy » Fri May 20, 2016 10:55 pm

[This is an edited version. If you are interested in seeing the older version, please PM me.]

Update 17/10/2020 -> Surprised to see this getting attention still- will be working on a shorter draft and poll soon, to make it less wordy and easier to read :).

Hello, and thank you for stopping by to review this idea! As the thread name follows, this is a suggestion that there should be a way to to organize one's group more sufficiently. I am sure that there are many, many players who have over 100+ pets stuck in a single group that are in need of a clean up, but it's too cluttered up to find square one. So, let's go through the ideas:

I am sure that organizing your pets can be very stressful at times, as there are just too many pets to keep a close eye on. People would have to put in a lot of time to keep clicking at the pets, checking their rarities, rechecking dates, etc. . Soon enough, it gets very tiresome, and we just want a way to make things easier... but what if we could?

So, for the end of the introduction, we shall now proceed with the main course, and express the ideas and options that I believe will be effective for a more relaxing, peaceful time on Chicken Smoothie.

What is the goal of this idea?

The goal of this idea is so that users of Chicken Smoothie can have a more care-free experience with Chicken Smoothie. Organizing groups and pets will be less of a hassle, especially for players who have heaps and heaps of pets piled up on each other, and are in need of a good clean up. This could also prove a joy for those who dislike having to organize, but despise the fact that their 'Pets without a group' group is just increasing in size. The main point is, it will make it more enjoyable, and since pets are the main element of Chicken Smoothie, this should be implemented into it.

What will the format be viewed as if this were to be added?

This is what I personally think the option will look like if it were to be added:

Similar to the 'Rename pets mode' button, nice and simple. I think a simple design like that would be pleasing to the viewer's eyes. Nothing too light, nothing too dark.

The option will be added next to the 'Rename pets mode' option, where it will be easy to find. People who are new to Chicken Smoothie will find this very easily, and it will give them a more welcoming manner to organize their groups. By this,
I mean that it will be a lot more simpler for them, and it will give them a grip of how Chicken Smoothie works.

What attributes will there be, and what will be their purposes?

When entering 'Sort-Pets by Mode', it will ask which group you would like to search for a certain pet.

Let's say for example, 'Cats'. You wanted to find a 'Rare' cat. If you toggle the bar that holds all of your groups and you selected that group, it will search the entire group for the desired traits in that pet. If your pets are scattered and you had no idea where they were, then there would be an option with a tick box saying: "Search all groups". By ticking this, it will search every group and bring up all the pets with the traits you wanted to look for. Once you have found the pet that you had been looking for, you can press the box next to that/those pet(s), and send them to the selected group you wanted them to be in.

Sort by Name - This option may not be too necessary, but it would be relevant if the user has traded with many other players before. I'm sure most of you have experienced having a pet with a different name that you wanted to change, correct? Let's take the word 'NFT' (Not For Trade) for example. If you have traded with a player who has given you pets with the nickname 'NFT', then this option may be suitable for situations like this. If you typed this into the text bar in the mode, it will bring up all of the pets with the word 'NFT' in its name. If this option doesn't take up too much coding, it would make a nice addition.

Other things people may look for in pet names: '[a name of a mascot]', [a name of a character from a franchise]', 'C$',
etc.

Sort by Rarity - Ah, the good old rarity tag. There are currently 7 rarity tags. I'll list the tags from least to most valuable:
OMG so common, Very common, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very rare and OMG so rare. Rarities play a huge role in Chicken Smoothie, and deem a pet's reputation and popularity. For the past years, players have been trading up and down the list so that they can compete with others, trying to get the most valuable pets in the game. Sorting a pet by rarity would be quite necessary in times like this. If you wanted to create a group surrounding Very rares, then you would just have to toggle the the bar for sorting rarities down, and select the following rarity you wanted to hunt for. This would be very proficient, especially when trading.

Sort by Date - Some people like to be more organized than others, and go as far to place pets into groups varying on their dates. If you wanted to find a pet or pets from the year 2009, then as usual, you would just have to toggle the bar for the 'Sort by Date' option and select the year you want. From there, it would list all of the following pets from 2009, from January-December wise (January pets being at the start, December pets at the end). There would also be an option for 'Re-release pets', where it will list all of the pets that are not registered as its actual date. The Re-release pet option will show pets from any year that doesn't have its actual year.

Sort by Species - Nowadays on Chicken Smoothie, species are critical to the audience's thoughts. Whether it be for trading,
for organizing, or for dressing up, Chicken Smoothie's animals have always played a role. Dogs being the most popular species, let's take that as an example. If you toggled the bar and selected the species you wanted to look for, it will search the group(s) for all the residing dogs within it/them. Once again, species are very crucial for trading, so this would also make a fine addition.

Sort by Dressed up - The last attribute. Although this one may not be all that necessary, it could be pertinent for those who are trying to rid their pets of all of their items. Sometimes it can be a bummer to find out that another pet is wearing an item you wanted to use on a different pet, so you would have to open up another tab just to remove that item from the pet. But if you could've done it before hand, wouldn't you? By pressing the box and ticking it, it will bring up all the pets that are currently wearing an item (but not a specific item). Once again, this may not be the most necessary attribute.

Questions and Answers

Should this option show up while viewing another person's account?

Answer: Yes, I think this would be suitable, especially for the trader's perspective. This will be relevant for people who are looking to trade, or are trying to find a pet through a group. However, this could cause the person receiving trades to be doubled. This will depend whether it is good or bad: It could be good, as it will open up more opportunities for successful trades, and the people who are trying to collect (a) pet(s) will be able to achieve their goals, or even dream pets. But, this could be bad if the user prefers to not receive too many requests. This can be resolved by placing a pet into a group where the settings are set to 'Nobody can make trade offers for these pets'. It could also be a possibility that they can make pets that are in a specific group not show up in the 'Sort-pet by' option, so that they don't receive PMs requesting to offer for the pet. Though could that be too much coding?

Will we be able to have more than two options applied, for both viewing and trading?

Yes, I think we should. I think the maximum slots for the options should be to at least 3. The three slots may apply for: Rarity, Date and Species (I will be removing any other ideas from the main post that seem unnecessary. Even I believe that some of the ideas were a bit too "out there"). If they put only one option in, for example, species, then the dates and rarity will not be affected, but the selected species (a.k.a dogs) will be moved to the first page, and the newest dogs will be at the front. If the user wants to find a dog from a certain year, then they will edit the second slot, and input a year (e.g. 2008). This will sort the pets from January-December, and then will move onto the next year once all of the pets from the selected year have been viewed. If the user wants to find something very specific, then they will have the option to edit the third slot.

As a small note for the dates, for pets that have been re-released, I believe that the pets that were re-released should come up as the year that they were re-released (not their original date). This is so that this doesn't confuse other people, and it will help people whom are looking for a true-date pet. And newcomers to Chicken Smoothie may think that this would be a glitch/bug, and would ask the admins to look into it. But if you have other thoughts, feel free to share them!

Whew, what a lot of writing! I would love to hear your opinion on this topic, and I will be happy to accept any other ideas and reviews by you. If you have any questions, please post them on this thread or PM me if you would like to remain Anonymous. I would be happy to answer them! Thank you for reading this thread, and I hope you have a lovely rest of the day/night.

-

Check out Sweet._.Sakura’s thread! > Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3896673&p=120608696#p120608696
Last edited by Dellixy on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:59 am, edited 24 times in total.
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sort-by pets organizing idea!

Postby PoppyTina » Fri May 20, 2016 10:58 pm

This seems to be a very good idea!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Characters

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PoppyTina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat May 21, 2016 12:45 am

Color and pattern seem like they'd be difficult to code, since the color and pattern of a pet is largely an opinion-based thing. If color searched for any pixels of the target color (which would be very difficult to do), for example, would the pink sorbet show up as blue because of its blue eyes? Color and pattern would both be much to complicated to do.

The rest seems like it would be useful, however, very difficult to code and could likely lag the server a lot.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dellixy » Sat May 21, 2016 12:53 am

Aliria wrote:Color and pattern seem like they'd be difficult to code, since the color and pattern of a pet is largely an opinion-based thing. If color searched for any pixels of the target color (which would be very difficult to do), for example, would the pink sorbet show up as blue because of its blue eyes? Color and pattern would both be much to complicated to do.

The rest seems like it would be useful, however, very difficult to code and could likely lag the server a lot.

Yes, I suppose that's true sadly... As for animals with EXTREMELY small amounts of a colour, it won't be included. I should've thought about both of those things you said.
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Sat May 21, 2016 4:06 am

Add sort by litter as shown in archives. (: Support though load of these things have been suggested before. I hope something happens one day though.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dellixy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 am

Up ^-^
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dellixy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 am

Any other thoughts? c:
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:00 am

The only two I don't support are color and pattern. To do that, each pet would have to be manually marked as red, yellow, blue, green, etc., with a similar thing for patterns, which would take ages. The others are a really nice idea though, and I'd love to see those happen!
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dellixy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:29 am

Yes, I agree. The only reason I included colour/pattern was because I find many people cosplaying their pets into characters from other things. So it may be easier for them c:. Thank you for your opinion!~
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:13 pm

I agree with Jackal, some ideas might be hard to code but most of them I agree with and have been suggested before. Maybe they'll be applied later on.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes