[Suggestion] Split Board

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: [Suggestion] Split Board

Postby nickjr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Up you go
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dusk&Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:21 pm

support
Dusk&Dawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 pm

-whooshes thread back to the first page-
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Does anyone know if the staff are thinking of doing this at all? It was posted back in 2016 and seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to do, not to mention a lot of people seem in favor.
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:24 pm

support!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:49 pm

gallifrey falls. wrote:
    Does anyone know if the staff are thinking of doing this at all? It was posted back in 2016 and seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to do, not to mention a lot of people seem in favor.

I hope they're thinking about doing this. I would guess that if they have, then their main concern is which split they should do and how far back they should go for moving topics, maybe; since questions and suggestions have co-existed in this board since the beginning of time relatively equally, splitting this board is probably a little more daunting than when a few of the other boards were split (for... coding shops? character storage? I don't remember now), as those splits generally involved a type of thread that wasn't there from the start and only recently-ish (as of those board splits) became distinctly popular.

• I think there are more questions than suggestions, especially if we only look at "active" suggestions (keep questions here)
  • question threads are dead once answered (keep questions here because... moving dead threads to a new board? lol),
  • but the no-necro rule does not apply to old/inactive suggestion threads that are still relevant today (keep suggestions here so users who join after the board split have a higher chance of finding if their suggestion was previously suggested--if we want this result while keeping questions here, then the date threshold for moving suggestion threads is going to be pretty old...)
  • many active suggestions have "suggestion" in the title or first post body, and question/problem threads don't really have a common keyword like that (keep questions here)

At this point I'd honestly take either split and I think there are users who would be more than happy to find and report threads that should be moved to whatever the new board is. The longer it takes to get a new board up and running, the worse the issue gets tbh

I guess another concern might be that question threads might turn into suggestion threads ("Does CS have this feature? If not, I want to suggest that CS has it") but I really don't think that should be a big deal...

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alwaysbeehappy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:10 am

Support, it's a good idea !

~"Falling in love is like giving somebody a loaded gun pointed at your heart and trusting them not to pull the trigger"
alwaysbeehappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 am

Support, I never really understood why problems and suggestions are in the same place. They seem like two completely different things and should be in their own boards.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Numbers before I posted this post:

(25 topics per page in this board, I only actively counted suggestion threads after page 1 but I made sure that the threads that aren't help/problem threads aren't in those counts)

Suggestions:
page 1 - 9 topics, including 4 stickies
page 2 - 9 topics
page 3 - 4 topics
page 4 - 6 topics
page 5 - 1 topic
page 6 - 4 topics
page 7 - 6 topics
page 8 - 9 topics
page 9 - 8 topics
page 10 - 6 topics

Help/Problems:
page 1 - 16 topics, including 4 stickies
page 2 - 16 topics
page 3 - 21 topics
page 4 - 19 topics
page 5 - 23 topics, mostly December 18/December 19 (item pound) threads
page 6 - 21 topics
page 7 - 19 topics
page 8 - 16 topics
page 9 - 17 topics
page 10 - 19 topics

(page 5 also has a guide; if I had to categorize it then I guess it'd go under Help/Problems)

Maybe I should have done this during a month like... idk, May, when there's no event going on lol a lot of the help threads in the first 6 pages have to do with December 18

I didn't keep count, but many suggestion threads were duplicates of existing suggestion threads. I think having separating Help/Problems from Suggestions would make it easier for people to find if their idea was previously suggested.

52 out of the 250 threads (first ten pages) of this board are suggestion threads. That proportion probably goes up when there's no event because then there will be fewer straggler-did-not-find-event-board question threads, but it probably still wouldn't be that big of a percentage.

The longer we go without a board split, the worse this problem gets. Assuming that the new board is for Suggestions and that questions stay in this board since it's less work to move suggestions over: I'm sure we have many users on CS who would be more than happy to make a list of links to suggestions if the mods don't have time to find them all themselves, although...

you should still be able to snag the vast majority of suggestion threads by going into the Advanced Search and searching "suggestion" in this board with the option "First post of topics only" checked (and then displaying the results as Topics to save time), like what I did to get

these search results
(fun fact: 64 out of the 75 last active topics [last post in the last 90 days] in those results were originally posted in 2016, 2017, or 2018 of course; think that goes to show just how many suggestions threads are being made, so.......... the longer it takes to get a new board made............... the worse this board gets crowded.................................)

PLEASE make a new board! The current 20-80 split is probably closer to 30-70 when there are no events, and with the number of threads that are made in the current combined board, both questions and suggestions get drowned out by each other (questions drown out the suggestions, which then are bumped back up, which then drown out unanswered questions, which then are bumped back up while new questions are posted...)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 am

aggressively bumps thread

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me