FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions [READ FIRST]

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions [READ FIRST]

Postby pigeoncore » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:53 pm

I know this is probably a really irritating question, but I can't get the url post links to work. I've tried everything and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Here are some examples:

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4408955%20Lilac%20Anthro%20Adopt
[url]=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4408955][/url]

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing? Because everyone else seems to get it and it's making me feel really frustrated and stupid.
pigeon • they/them
currently wondering if there's a limit to the amount of times you can recommend that people watch arcane
pigeoncore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Gossamer Fae wrote:I know this is probably a really irritating question, but I can't get the url post links to work. I've tried everything and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Here are some examples:

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4408955%20Lilac%20Anthro%20Adopt

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing? Because everyone else seems to get it and it's making me feel really frustrated and stupid.

you did the first one just fine!
for the second one, the url should be in the brackets (and you accidentally added an extra bracket at the end of the url!). this one also requires you to put a word in between [url]and[/url]

originally, you wrote,
Code: Select all

so, it should look something like this:
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4408955]word[/url]

word

phpbb also has a small guide on bbcode and how to format it here!
the guide on 'url' is specifically here if i didnt do it justice :,)

please dont be afraid to ask people questions on how to use bbcode! theres a reason different ways of coding are called 'languages'! they use a whole new logic system and way of writing, and, like any language, it can take years to learn it (and is nearly impossible to master). even professional coders make lots of mistakes.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doreet » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:11 pm

THE SCREEN FREEZES.IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? Does that happen if there are huge amts. Of system on the site being used?Please let me know.I did a huge ant. Of work,and my screen froze and I could not save it Does that happen once in a while?It could be my old computer .I need to get a NEW ONE,or at least get the old one REBUILT.I. Might go and look at a used one lately. :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
This is the best website!
doreet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MCHNGRL » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 am

So I've read the rules about art/gif/photographs/writing use and I read that you need a perm from the creator to use it. Does that count with famous creators like J.K rowling (Writer of Harry Potter) or other worldwide known artists/writers etc...?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
MCHNGRL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:13 am

тσкуσ вυяяιтσ wrote:So I've read the rules about art/gif/photographs/writing use and I read that you need a perm from the creator to use it. Does that count with famous creators like J.K rowling (Writer of Harry Potter) or other worldwide known artists/writers etc...?

• Official art, gifs, and images from shows/movies/comics or of celebrities are exempt from this rule as they are widely distributed for fan consumption.

• However, in roleplay forms please name the face claim to assist moderators and protect you from misunderstandings.
    • Remember, this only includes official artwork/images such as gifs or screencaps from shows, not fanart drawn by other people.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwiana » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 pm

I never got behind the secret to create an oversizes dress-up. My items always get cut off without a (for me) logical reason. Sometimes bigger bgs help to give more room for decorations, but I just saw a giant creation in the dress-ups and wonder how that is be done. Are there any tricks I havent found out yet? I checked the FAQ, but it gives no tipps on that.
ImageImage
Never give up on your dreams ...
Kiwiana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:20 pm

Kiwiana wrote:I never got behind the secret to create an oversizes dress-up. My items always get cut off without a (for me) logical reason. Sometimes bigger bgs help to give more room for decorations, but I just saw a giant creation in the dress-ups and wonder how that is be done. Are there any tricks I havent found out yet? I checked the FAQ, but it gives no tipps on that.

The "giant creation" you're referring may be a dressup scene ^^ you can create one from My Stuff --> Dressup scenes

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Kiwiana » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Eagle's Eye wrote:
    Kiwiana wrote:I never got behind the secret to create an oversizes dress-up. My items always get cut off without a (for me) logical reason. Sometimes bigger bgs help to give more room for decorations, but I just saw a giant creation in the dress-ups and wonder how that is be done. Are there any tricks I havent found out yet? I checked the FAQ, but it gives no tipps on that.

The "giant creation" you're referring may be a dressup scene ^^ you can create one from My Stuff --> Dressup scenes

Oh wow, never noticed that before, going to play around with it, thank you :D
    ImageImage
    Never give up on your dreams ...
    Kiwiana

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby red october » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:14 am

i hope it's okay to ask this here- i'm just curious about where a particular pet is at haha. so, i traded away this butterfly wolf years ago, and stumbled across it while looking through some old trades today. the user who's account it belongs to no longer exists, but the pet is still in that user's possession i guess? i'm confused about how this works- thanks for any clarity!
    red october

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby CokeBubble » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:00 am

red october wrote:
      i hope it's okay to ask this here- i'm just curious about where a particular pet is at haha. so, i traded away this butterfly wolf years ago, and stumbled across it while looking through some old trades today. the user who's account it belongs to no longer exists, but the pet is still in that user's possession i guess? i'm confused about how this works- thanks for any clarity!

I'd say that since they did not give away their pets before deleting, then technically that pet is still theirs even though their account isn't visible.
    CokeBubble

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me