Why dont they

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Why dont they

Postby Five-Yenn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 am

why dont they have the pound open all the time but u can adopt 2 pets thats just my thought anyway plz talk to me if u agree with me or disagree and cuz i live in aussie when the pound opens its time to leave for school then i cant get on from school so its pretty unfair :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

riley ◎ he / him

doing art for wishlist pets.

contact me to arrange something.

Five-Yenn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Why dont they

Postby poofyena » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am

They open it at random times, they try to give everyone the fairest chance of getting a pet, last weekend it was open at 5pm my time, tonight it was open at 11pm my time. Good luck getting a pound pet but i am afraid i disagree with you, the pound is good (though at times frustrating) as it is.
Click my pets?! Join Pet Adoptables!
http://www.petadoptables.com/register.p ... l=poofyena
poofyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Five-Yenn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:40 am

BUT ITS UNFAIR STILL :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

riley ◎ he / him

Five-Yenn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skinklegs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 pm

No, it is not unfair. The pound is open at random times of day, at least a few times a week, which gives everybody in all different time zones the opportunity to eventually get something. Be patient, you'll catch it open sooner or later.

Also, having it open all the time.. no. All of the pets would be gone way too fast, then no more pound. I don't think anyone would like that.

I have to disagree with you as well, sorry.

trades . . art shop . . buying art

pls check out my art and
ocs on my
toyhouse!

art on the left is mine;
pixels were done by
soteria;
skinkarms!

flight rising . . rp search . . friend
Image....................Image
suh.

call me ollie. i'll respond to whatever
pronouns you feel like using for me!

i tend not to spend a whole lot of time
here nowadays, but i'll still be around
to take care of messages, trades, and
whatever else i might get myself into!

ask for my discord to keep in touch.

Image....................Image
skinklegs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

I believe this has been suggested many times. It's not gonna happen.
Think about it. There were a certain number of pets given out in past months that have gone to the pound because they've been either donated or taken from a deleted/banned user.
This means there aren't infinite pound pets. They don't just come out of nowhere.
It would take the challenge out of CS if you were allowed to adopt 2 past month pets anytime. With the thousand of CS users, I'd guess the pets would be gone in less than a day. Everyone would go for the couple of rare pets. Sure, newbies might see it as a good idea because they don't have many rare pets, but once you get collecting, you realize it makes more sense to work for your pets.
It would be really unfair to have it open all the time. And it is fair to let it open at random times. The pound doesn't open at the same time every time, so you do have a chance to catch it open.
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Five-Yenn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:00 pm

humph my sis and i think its a good idea pm VampiresSecret13 to u can also pm me nothin rude ok ill change it back to 1 pet then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

riley ◎ he / him

Five-Yenn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Skidder13 wrote:humph my sis and i think its a good idea pm VampiresSecret13 to u can also pm me nothin rude ok ill change it back to 1 pet then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not to intervene, but just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are being rude. And, they've made some very valid points. Have you ever checked out the pound's pets? Currently there are only 1,191 pets. (And yes, I did add up the actual numbers, feel free to PM me on how I got those numbers if you don't believe me. :) )There are at least that many people here on CS, if not many more. If they opened it 24/7, even at one pet a day...it would last one day, if even that. And, you would still have people who would not receive a single pet because they've already been wiped out. Then, we have 0 pets for the pound.

Tess doesn't go around re-creating pets from past months to stick into the pound. As said, they're either donated, accounts which have been deleted, or in the sad cases, owners who have broken the rules and have had their pets confiscated. We don't have an unending supply, and she only puts so many pets in the pound per time it opens anyway. I used to see 8 pages of pets when the pound opens, now it's been closer to 4 or 5. I'm not complaining by any means, but with lower numbers of pets to put in, she puts less in (I'm assuming here) so she doesn't run out.

And, honestly, the pound is a wonderful thing Tess is doing. If it wasn't for the pound, these old pets would be deleted forever, and no one would have a chance to own them...at all. Why complain about something nice she's doing? Just be glad your suggestion won't be taken. (And I mean this in all niceness.) Because, if it was, there would be a chance you would be one of the many who didn't get anything at all. I'd rather gamble and wait for it to open. If it does, Great! If not, I know if I'm patient, it will open again. ;)

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Never going to happen.
Sorren Fey