Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby oneironaut » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 am

medusa wrote:
alfiq wrote:
KiraWolf wrote:
I've recently rejoined CS and painted an Oekaki or ten since and something caught my eye. I don't know if this is how it's always been or if something's wrong, but currently, anytime I'm using Chickenpaint, the resolution is way off and I have to kind of guess how things are going to look based on the pixel-y image I see. (Here is an example of what I see when drawing anything.) I've tried messing with all of my settings, zooming in and out, and still, nothing has worked. The resolution does appear fine though after I upload it, I'm so confused.

-snip-

bump! i'm also having this issue, it's so much of a pain for me i struggle to even use the oekaki even though i'd really like to.

bump - this happens when i try to use oekaki as well

I'm having this issue too, unfortunately. I've tried both chicken & chibi paint (on Chrome & Microsoft edge, respectively.) It makes it very difficult to know if my lines are accurate or not. This issue is worsened while zooming in and out. I would really appreciate if someone could provide a fix for this problem. : (
xxxx Oh, I feel it!
┌.─────────────

┌.─────────────
I feel the cosmos! xxxx

───────────────────────────────┌.

THE PRINCE
of all cosmos

Hello, I'm Django! I'm always a bit lost in space.
Though they fluctuate, my interests are a big part of who I am.

Marine biology is one of my biggest interests;
Please send me ocean facts!

───────────────────────────────┌.
© TH
oneironaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☠puppy gutz!☠ » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:35 am

i cant get pen pressure to work no matter what i do. i use a huion tablet and i think im on windows 10. i also use chrome but it said my tablet is supported??? ive tried using jtablet and totally uninstalling jtablet, + ive restarted my computer a few times.
ImageImage

dollyImageadultImagedemiboyImageit/its or rot/rotsImagePM me for my discord!
。゚•--------------୨♡୧--------------•゚。
Imageauction thread Imagetrades
ImageTHImagesketch shop
ImagedA

ImageImage

about dolly wrote:hi! i'm dolly. i'm an artist and roleplayer. i love horror a lot!
i have adhd, anxiety, and depression. i'm also very bad with social cues online so pls be patient with me! i like using tone tags.
i love rats, bats, and spiders. i also like dogs and bunnies but not as much!

ImageImage
☠puppy gutz!☠

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm

colorfulmime wrote:i cant get pen pressure to work no matter what i do. i use a huion tablet and i think im on windows 10. i also use chrome but it said my tablet is supported??? ive tried using jtablet and totally uninstalling jtablet, + ive restarted my computer a few times.

Hey! I use a Huion (950p I believe?) with Chrome on Windows 10 as well, and I haven't had any issues with the program. However, here's some troubleshooting just in case. Sorry if it's not of any use!

- Check which version of Oekaki you're using. Chickenpaint doesn't need Jtablet to work, Chibipaint does and always has been super temperamental.
    - Make sure you're clicking the little circle next to the opacity bar (this turns on opacity pen pressure, the one next to brush size is brush size pen pressure)
    - Make sure the Huion driver is up to date
    - Clear your cache
    - Try updating your browser manually (go to Settings > About Chrome, should just update from there. Currently I'm using version 80.0.4240.111 and I've got pen pressure), OR, try to switch back to an older version (can't remember how to do this off the top of my head but I believe you can do this with Chrome)
i
i
i
i
i
iiiiiiiiiii
"I see you already have the knightly virtue of modesty."
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
──────────────────────────────

[ He/him ] [ Nix or Ash ] [ Scorpio Sun / Scorpio Moon ]

[ Need Help? ] [ Newbie Guide & Index ]

Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Staridae » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:21 am

KiraWolf wrote:
I've recently rejoined CS and painted an Oekaki or ten since and something caught my eye. I don't know if this is how it's always been or if something's wrong, but currently, anytime I'm using Chickenpaint, the resolution is way off and I have to kind of guess how things are going to look based on the pixel-y image I see. (Here is an example of what I see when drawing anything.) I've tried messing with all of my settings, zooming in and out, and still, nothing has worked. The resolution does appear fine though after I upload it, I'm so confused.

-snip-

Bumping this because I'm having this issue as well-
I'm currently using Opera and a Huion Kamvas Pro 16 tablet, I've tried out other browsers too and they all have this weird pixelated canvas ;; I've been wanting to get back into drawing on Oekaki again, but this is the one thing preventing me,,

Edit;; I managed to fix this issue by zooming the page out to 80% on my browser, but now I have another issue--
When I draw quickly, my lines turn out like this instead of smooth;
I've looked back in this thread a bit and so far haven't seen a fix for this? Turning up the smoothing doesn't really help, so I'm not sure what to do aaa

Deer - He/him
    Object head enthusiast
    and lover of space

Staridae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cirque » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:47 pm

I've been having a couple really weird issues where no matter what size I set the pen tool at, it stays super small (at the default setting) unless I'm using the straight or curved stroke tools. The pencil tool also does not show up at all unless I use the straight or curved stroke tools. I've tried all 3 of the drawing tools (ChickenPaint, etc) and I still have the same issue. I've also made sure my computer is up to date. I haven't really used oekaki in about six months so I'm not sure when the problem started, but it's been happening everytime I've tried to use oekaki in the past couple weeks.
Any help is appreciated! :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cirque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:54 pm

I have an odd issue...well I went back to chickenpaint after some years. I'm on the latest version of firefox...I should had never tried doing the tablet help thing....I noticed I didn't have pen pressure so I decided to go into that w3c config and....ever since the oekaki is HIGHLY SENSITIVE to my tablet and will give me strange lines when I use thin lines...like itll be light then very dark then light it looks like dotted streaky lines? Before I messed with it...the lines were smooth on 2pt and steadily held their opacity properly. I went ahead and reset my firefox pref.js but it still seems to be behaving strangely still? I have a wacom intuos pro. Also I mean sensitive as in SUPER like I try moving a panel a little and I may get a dot or streak on accident. Same when I hover over a tool option it kinda flickers?
▬♡▬ Touken Ranbu Fanclub Trade ▬♡▬

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:20 am

I'm using ChickenPaint v2.0 on Chrome and I'm having issues with the scroll bars. Often when I scroll, the view jumps across the canvas when i let go of the scroll bar. Other times, and this is the real issue, sometimes as I'm scrolling, it will draw a line under the scroll bar, which is very frustrating because sometimes I don't notice right away and either have to undo everything I did afterwards or fix it manually if it drew over something on the same layer.
I am a fox.
Yip yap.
Welcome to my profile

I apologize if I don't always
respond to PMs, sometimes
I have trouble figuring out
what to say <3

Youtube
(I mostly post dance videos
and animation stuff)

Twitter

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread

Art Shop
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:21 am

Hi! I've got an issue thats been plaguing me for the past few months rendering the software sort of unusable?
I did a sketch here but when pressure is enabled i get these big ugly blobs at the end of every penstroke, i've reset my drivers restarted everything, switched browsers (firefox just doesnt work w oekaki so im using edge) and I still have issues, has anyone experienced this before? cause I've found people w a similar issue but never any fixes, thank u

────
hi i didnt wanna put in my sig but
i have unmedicated adhd
if i have ignored you im super sorry!
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
BLM
3d animation student
he/him
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trashguts » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:11 am

@jasps i cant help too much but does that happen with every pen/type for you? something similar happens to me if i have pen pressure enabled but only with certain pen settings and only at small sizes :?
ImageImage
adult
🐸 xe/he 🐵
hi! please call me:
tg, cricket, beetle, or bug!

pm me if you need
a toyhou.se code!!
they are free :-)

💖 bugs & pokemons 💖
frog-themed monkey boy
🐛 off-oekaki art thread 🦗
🐒 ask me anything! 🦖
trashguts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:28 am

trashguts wrote:@jasps i cant help too much but does that happen with every pen/type for you? something similar happens to me if i have pen pressure enabled but only with certain pen settings and only at small sizes :?

Ah thanks for asking, its the worst on pen, slightly *still a pain* better on pencil and also bad on watercolour too! id like to say size effects it but im very unsure, ill do some tests tonight though i recall it not doing much for this issue

────
hi i didnt wanna put in my sig but
i have unmedicated adhd
if i have ignored you im super sorry!
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
BLM
3d animation student
he/him
discord @ jasper#4992