Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby meveh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:46 am

Potions-Master wrote:Are the colors on the oekaki darker on mobile compared to laptop? When i look at my art again from my phone, the colors seem much darker

Depending on the kind of laptop you have, I would say that your phone is going to display the colors more accurately. I would suggest playing with the screen settings of your laptop and comparing them to the colors on your phone so you can get a more accurate idea of the colors when you’re drawing on your laptop :)

It might also be worth sharing what kind of phone and laptop you have, the answer could be different depending on what they are!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:41 pm

I haven't been able to use my tablet pressure with oekaki for a very long time. I'm not sure if it's because my tablet is old or I'm just not doing something right. all my drivers are as up to date as they could be and i've tried different browsers (i cant even switch to chibipaint anymore so i cant try that either) i'm not quite sure what else to try but its very upsetting.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

azazel. wrote:I haven't been able to use my tablet pressure with oekaki for a very long time. I'm not sure if it's because my tablet is old or I'm just not doing something right. all my drivers are as up to date as they could be and i've tried different browsers (i cant even switch to chibipaint anymore so i cant try that either) i'm not quite sure what else to try but its very upsetting.

Hi, I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties.

Have you tried updating Java, or installing the JTablet extension? These aren’t necessarily needed anymore, but they may provide a solution. If that doesn’t work, then there’s no harm in trying the basic ‘uninstall-and-reinstall-drivers’.

It might also help to give more information on the model of your tablet. Some browsers do not recognize certain brands of tablets, which could be your issue.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caelus » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 pm

azazel. wrote:I haven't been able to use my tablet pressure with oekaki for a very long time. I'm not sure if it's because my tablet is old or I'm just not doing something right. all my drivers are as up to date as they could be and i've tried different browsers (i cant even switch to chibipaint anymore so i cant try that either) i'm not quite sure what else to try but its very upsetting.

In addition to trying the above, I found that I couldn't get pen pressure to work at all with oekaki on Windows 10 until disabling windows ink. There are a lot of tutorials for this online. Hope it helps!
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Koffee wrote:

Have you tried updating Java, or installing the JTablet extension? These aren’t necessarily needed anymore, but they may provide a solution. If that doesn’t work, then there’s no harm in trying the basic ‘uninstall-and-reinstall-drivers’.

It might also help to give more information on the model of your tablet. Some browsers do not recognize certain brands of tablets, which could be your issue.

i have done all you and dtsuga mentioned with no success. i use an adesso cybertablet z7
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 pm

azazel. wrote:
Koffee wrote:

i have done all you and dtsuga mentioned with no success. i use an adesso cybertablet z7

The only issue I can think of is your tablet’s compatibility. You mentioned that it’s old; this model in specific may be outdated, and thus, no longer recognizable by most (if not all) browsers. Furthermore, I couldn’t find anything on the web about Adesso tablets being detected on any browsers.

I may be wrong on this, since I had no prior knowledge of Adesso tablets before this. Please correct me if I’m wrong— I just can’t think if any other plausible answer to this.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 am

hey! just recently i got an older version of firefox(probably 4.0? not sure) installed because it's one of the few browsers that allow me to use pen pressure, and i keep on getting this thing like a blue tab. i don't know what it is, but i just want to save my drawing and i don't know what to do ;v;
perhaps i can try and change some code in the browser if it's a crash? i probably won't be able to get my drawing back but at least i'd like to know what this is if anyone knows xc
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138
ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillianyx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:08 pm

azazel. wrote:
Koffee wrote:

What browser are you using? Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox do not support java anymore. You would have to either find an older version of internet explorer or firefox in order to use java. A good sign that java isn't being supported is the fact that you're unable to switch to chibipant - since it requires java to run.

there's a high chance that since your tablet isn't wacom and probably doesn't use similar drivers, it'll be impossible to get pen pressure in chickenpaint at this time. ^^;
made by Geinkotsu

Lillian/Anyx • s/he/they • adult
ImageImage
Image Image Image

Lillianyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Lillianyx wrote:
Koffee wrote:

What browser are you using? Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox do not support java anymore. You would have to either find an older version of internet explorer or firefox in order to use java. A good sign that java isn't being supported is the fact that you're unable to switch to chibipant - since it requires java to run.

there's a high chance that since your tablet isn't wacom and probably doesn't use similar drivers, it'll be impossible to get pen pressure in chickenpaint at this time. ^^;

as said before, it might be a problem with your browser or tablet
I use a Wacom tablet with Chrome, which isn't technically supposed to have full support for pen pressure, though it works fine for me?

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polaris ❦ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:32 am

I want to post adoptables onto Okeaki, but I drew them on a different program. Is there anyway for me to transfer them over?
my boo <3

My main sona and my son <33 art- quailsoup on DA

artfight[/i]
polaris ❦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me