Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby mawsoleum » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:15 am

howdy!
so i'm having a bit of trouble with the display of oekaki. i have an acer nitro laptop, use google chrome, and haven't really had trouble like this before on other laptops. i have tried using different browers (microsoft edge and firefox) to no avail.

i started a doodle for someone and noticed that everything seems very "edgy" and pixelated.
here is a screenshot of what i see as i draw

i am not zoomed in or out on either the program or my browser - everything is at the default 100% zoom. you'll notice how everything on and around my screen is fine, but the canvas is not. once the image is saved and posted, it appears just fine without the rough edges. this does make it tricky to work, and while i have paint tool sai and other options i still like to use the oekaki now and again and would love this figured out!

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:20 am

@houndstone my lines look like that in Google Chrome browser even when I am also at 100% zoom. My lines do not look like that in Microsoft Edge (which I hate this browser but it's my work around)
Characters.Toyhouse. Dreamwalkers.Image
ImageWriting Contest >> Here<<
avatar by shalusky MM stamp by hellevi
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duchessanime » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:37 am

Hi! I've been struggling with the pen pressure, and I've found a solution!
Just turn on Windows Ink. You should be able to find it through the pentablet directory in windows 11.
duchessanime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cupidkiss » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:26 pm

my pen pressure isnt working and ive tried literally everything on cs and google forums including turning on windows ink :(
it works on other programs like clip studio but not cs,

ive tried
- switching browers
- restarting my pc
- turning on windows ink
- switching chickenpaint versions
- installing jtablet

fixed :o)
⊱ everest xx⊱ she/her xx ⊱ ipad user xxborn of the solstice
cupidkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:54 am

Sin Tsukino wrote:
PikaPerfect wrote:
J-and-K341 wrote:Ever since finally getting the pen pressure working on chicken paint for my Huion1060Pro+ tablet, i have been having this rather odd, glitching going on with the brush strokes.

It is doing this thing where it randomly either puts a full pressure sized blob at the beginning, or end, or even both ends of my lines, or it will skip a bit while starting a brush stroke, leaving me with something that kind of resembles a weird shaped letter i. The thing is, i have to press the undo button twice to completely remove the glitched brush stroke, the first time to remove the larger part of it, and then again to remove the little blobs / dots.

Even with pen pressure turned off i will still occasionally get the skipping at the beginning of my pen strokes. I have tried this experiment in other art programs and everything works flawlessly.

Currently using chicken paint on firefox with windows 10

i believe chickenpaint has always had some problems with firefox since it was designed with chrome in mind since that's the more popular browser. if you haven't already, try using everything with chrome and see if that has any better results?

I have the exact same issue as above - I don't like having to use two browsers so I was wondering if anyone ever found a firefox soluation considering it's a year later? If so could someone pm/comment with it?

I have an issue with Chrome as well - whenever I start to draw the cursor and the circle around it disappears, so I can't see where I'm drawing. I've seen several people say it's likely a tablet setting - if so can someone tell me where it is and how to turn it off? It works fine in other programs. I have a Wacom Intuos M BT (2018) if that's any help and drivers are up to date.

Edit: Jan 23rd, still have these issues - I don't know if/when you can bump on here >w<

I'm have the EXACT same problem and I've tried so many fixes to no avail. I'm on a Mac on Chrome using a Huion Inspiroy H640P tablet. I've updated my computer, updated Chrome, uninstalled & reinstalled the tablet software, played with both the tablet setting and aaaaall sorts of pen settings in Oekaki. It seems to be an Oekaki only issue. I'll include a little image as well, it's like at the last second the pen disconnects and reconnects even when I haven't lifted the stylus.

If anyone has found a solution please please let me know!

▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarEater » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:40 am

Forgive me for the stupid question, how do you add layers to a folder? I have the layers, I have the folder, i'm just too stupid to figure out how to put them in the folder. Thanks if anyone answers <3
”Oh no, oh no, I’m late! I’m late! I’m late!”

-Leo/Fern-
-genderfaun (it/its/any/ask)-
-gay-
StarEater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:55 am

TheRealMothman wrote:Forgive me for the stupid question, how do you add layers to a folder? I have the layers, I have the folder, i'm just too stupid to figure out how to put them in the folder. Thanks if anyone answers <3

Click and drag the layer into the slot the folder is in. The folder should get a little outline when the layer is about to slot in!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarEater » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:03 pm

axelandria wrote:
TheRealMothman wrote:Forgive me for the stupid question, how do you add layers to a folder? I have the layers, I have the folder, i'm just too stupid to figure out how to put them in the folder. Thanks if anyone answers <3

Click and drag the layer into the slot the folder is in. The folder should get a little outline when the layer is about to slot in!

Thank you very much
”Oh no, oh no, I’m late! I’m late! I’m late!”

-Leo/Fern-
-genderfaun (it/its/any/ask)-
-gay-
StarEater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorcatKitty » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:45 am

can you please make it so that when you delete your post it DOES NOT DELETE YOUR WHOLE DRAWING WITHOUT WARNING???
my memory is the worst, so if you believe i have forgotten art, payment, or anything, please send me a message and remind me!!

Call me Autumn or Wolf !! <3
✨t1 diabetic||ey/em/she/her/they/them||ND||therian✨

please use tone tags with me <3
interests atm: Cartoons/Animation (specifically hyperfixated on hazbin hotel atm), Drawing, Animal Jam, WolfQuest, Warrior Cats.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
everyone go gift Haze rn they are the bestest friend ever <3
✨🌕✨
"late at night, when the stars don't look quite right..."
Image Image Image

WarriorcatKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ce n’est rien » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:25 am

Apologies if this has been answered already, but is it possible to delete old posted drawings? They’re embarrassing ☠️
𖤓
big fan of florence welch shes nice
jeff buckley too hes a cool guy
forum lurker
previously aster antlers
look at my dog hes pretty neat
it says “jeff my beloved” :,( vvv

ce n’est rien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery