Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Pangea T.rex » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:10 am

thanks ^^
Pangea T.rex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:56 am

axes wrote:hi, came to report 2 problems but I see ones already been solved and ill look into fixing that (white box issue). but the second one is this:

when I am drawing things it looks like a bunch of small lines put together instead of a smooth line that follows the flow of my hand. havent had this issue (drew on oekaki a lot on my old account) until recently. is there a fix for this

I'm also having this issue on my tablet. I've tried both chrome and Firefox, it's a standalone tablet so I don't think it's a driver issue.. here's where it showed on one of my drawings in the swirl in the corner. Was a solution ever found? If I raise smoothing to 60+ it helps but it's not easy to draw with it that high. I don't have the issue in clip studio either only oekaki
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4819067
ImageImage

ImageImage Image Image Image--Toyhou.se Art shop
PFP by Driftlord on here!

Sorry in advance if I forget things, feel free to poke and remind me. Struggling with life at the moment.
Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween3110 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:00 pm

Used to do a bit of drawing on my daughters PC, now have a tablet ... I'm an old fart and just want to know if I can draw on this now.
I'm so sorry guys ....
halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:47 am

I don't know if it is me and my wacom, or the site. but when I use the oekaki I can't move any tools with it.. I'm using Edge. my wacom has buttons on the top, shift, alt, control, windows key. Intous S
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackAliat » Fri May 19, 2023 1:48 am

Hey,
I am currently using my Ipad (Safari browser) and the apple pen to draw on oekaki (ChickenPaint v2.0). But I have a problem with the ink pen, which usually has pen pressure. With the standard settings (brush size two, opacity 128) this pen pressure works totally fine, also when I edit the opacity. But when I change the brush size, the pen pressure is gone.
What can I do to prevent this?
Thank you in advance!

-She/her
-Butterfly wolf collector
-Artist

Image ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
Image Image
BlackAliat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu May 25, 2023 4:50 am

This is not so much a hardware problem as a brain problem ^^; I hate how I write in the Oekaki. For those of you who have bad handwriting, any tips on producing an okay title on your art?

Or anyone have any tips for drawing nice looking fonts? Q.Q plz help

Edit: just noticed my autocorrect changed tips to types. Odd
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Thu May 25, 2023 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters.Toyhouse. Dreamwalkers.Image
ImageWriting Contest >> Here<<
avatar by shalusky MM stamp by hellevi
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Thu May 25, 2023 5:09 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:This is not so much a hardware problem as a brain problem ^^; I hate how I write in the Oekaki. For those of you who have bad handwriting, any types on producing an okay title on your art?

Or anyone have any types for drawing nice looking fonts? Q.Q plz help

Hello! I don't think there's an easy answer here unless the developer of chickenpaint decides to add a text tool at some point.

Unfortunately, I think the solution here is the hard one: ya gotta practice! It might be a lot of work, but it can still be fun if you like typography. Lots of people like to practice and make different kinds of fonts every day, so many people find it interesting! I don't play with actual fonts very much, but something I do when my hands are idle (stimming? Maybe?) is write letters with my fingers with different shapes, curls, and styles.

If it sounds like something that might spark your interest, you migh look into different fonts and what makes them different, how they developed over a long history of printing--stuff like that! As well as looking up people who write/paint signage and other fancy writing professionally. Have you ever watched someone write calligraphy? It's very cool!

...That is if you're looking to improve your handwriting though, lol. If you just have problems with the lines being wobbly, or not making sharp enough corners, try increasing and decreasing the smoothing effect in the tool options!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu May 25, 2023 5:21 am

Ya know I think you are on to something. I don't really practice writing in different styles. I'll take a beat to check out some fonts for some inspiration. Thanks for your insight c:
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Thu May 25, 2023 5:37 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:This is not so much a hardware problem as a brain problem ^^; I hate how I write in the Oekaki. For those of you who have bad handwriting, any tips on producing an okay title on your art?

Or anyone have any tips for drawing nice looking fonts? Q.Q plz help

Edit: just noticed my autocorrect changed tips to types. Odd

you can save your drawing into your computer and then go to this site to add text if that helps. click the 3rd tool that says add text, it has limited fonts but still u can give it a try if u want ^^
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138
ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu May 25, 2023 5:42 am

ilya wrote: -snip-
you can save your drawing into your computer and then go to this site to add text if that helps. click the 3rd tool that says add text, it has limited fonts but still u can give it a try if u want ^^

Oh! That is nifty and I'll be saving that for later!

Unfortunately the font I am drawing is for an Oekaki closed species which also is why I am being so hard on myself since it will be the first impression users having viewing the adopts ^^;

I 100% get why there is not an upload option in the oekaki but I would kill for a font tool right now
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me