Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Vacant » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:10 pm

chlorophyll. wrote:bought a new tablet (xp-pen 13 pro) and it generally does not work on oekaki? it registers button shortcuts and pressure being applied but it doesn't actually put any lines down. i'm assuming this is a settings issue that i don't know how to bypass because i was able to briefly make it work (with pen pressure also) by switching it to mouse mode, which stopped immediately after i hit ctrl-z and i wasn't able to make it work again.

any thoughts? my old wacom intuos has always worked and i don't want to have to switch back to that for oekaki only. i'm on google chrome.

I (almost) have this exact tablet (the xp 12). Given that it's a screen tablet, and I've run into what I think is the same issue before, you might not have the working area set up.

You can check this by looking for the pen tablet app in your program quick bar on windows, and bringing it up.
It should look something like this:
I've circled the working area setting in red

try setting that to the display of your tablet's monitor and not your display monitor. Mine's registered as display2.

If this doesn't work for you, I might have another idea. My XP-Pen has been fickle with Oekaki in the past, but this has pretty much fixed it for me.
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:51 pm

The problem with the Oekaki colour picker in Chrome for Windows should now be fixed, so if you had turned off Hardware Acceleration you can now turn that back on!
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:04 am

Hello, I am trying to edit and save my adoptable for a while now... but it always tells this:

I looked at a color me to see if any progress was saved even with the message showing , but sadly not. Now I am waiting and hoping to somehow safe it.
I would be glad for some help, thank you.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidcoyote » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:54 am

Apologies if it's already been posted, but I really don't want to go through almost 200 pages of content and I feel like my year long battle with pen pressure on Oekaki on Linux based OS deserves some recognition LOL maybe help someone out maybe provide some info for the first post whatever it is I want it in this thread for future generations

This is a semi solution to Oekaki pen pressure not working on Linux
It involves installing a different version of Linux :madlaughcry:

In short (not that the thread is long):
  • I am very Linux stupid, I just have a burning hatred for Windows so you really don't need a lot of IT knowledge to follow my steps
  • Didn't initially work on Fedora, but I haven't done enough research to rule out the possibility of there being a library that allows pen pressure for oekaki on said OS as my laptop straight up died. I had pen pressure on other art programs installed outside of the browser as well as drivers succesfully installed
    • I had a desperate madman's idea to try and install windows version of chrome via Wine, didn't get to try it out
  • New laptop, new Linux, this time I've installed Manjaro (21.3.7) alongside Windows and oh my god.
    • I've installed the Wacom driver (if you don't use Wacom this wiki page may help)
      • Here's a disclaimer, if you're on shared computer with your parents or w/e and don't have much knowledge on things please ask them to do it for you lol, installing the driver requires usage of the terminal and 1. if you don't have admin rights you won't be able to install the driver library anyway, 2. if you do have admin rights and aren't confident in what you're doing it's ridiculously easy to mess something up with a typo
    • I'm working on a Wacom Intuos Pro (the old one) and using Vivaldi browser
    • IT WORKS. Like, it doesn't just work. It WORKS. The pen pressure.
      • Say goodbye to choppy lines cause in all my osu spinner perfecting glory I have not managed to get a single one using Manjaro though they were very common for me on Windows.
      • The pen feels heavier, allowing me for nuances I wouldn't be able to do on Windows but also calling for more precision with pressure
    • If, working on Manjaro's terminal, you get the Unacceptable TLS certificate error, follow this guide, wait for the process to finish (it might take a few minutes) then try again.
  • Fedora and Manjaro are based on different package management systems.
    • Manjaro is based on Pacman. Thus, it might be worth giving a shot at the same steps for any Pacman-based distribution. Some commands vary from distro to distro so make sure you know what you're doing, chaotic copy-paste won't help

EDIT:
After doing all that I've realized I couldn't turn off the touchpad because the wacom driver wasn't displaying it properly, and since it it's explained very clearly on the interwebs I'll do my best to clearly explain how I dealt with it here.
Normally you should be able to turn the touchpad off with the tablet app on Manjaro, but something with mine messed up and it wasn't showing up properly.
  1. I used this video as a guide. The commands happen to be the same on Manjaro, I'm pretty sure you can type "disable X" where X is the ID of the touch feature instead of the "set (__) off" command.
    • If you're lucky, that's it!
    • If you're unlucky like me, you might notice the touch feature... missing from the list? Even though it clearly works whEN YOU SLIDE YOUR FINGER ACROSS THE TOUCHPAD >:(
  2. If step 1 didn't work, you might need to install another package to see all devices connected to your machine; whether you have it or not will be obvious once you try to use the desired command lmao
      If it's not, type "pamac install xorg-xinput" to install the package
  3. Once installed, run the "xinput list" command and look for your touchpad - it should be labeled as finger
    • As you can see, my touchpad's ID is 14
      That's all, folks. You will get no confirmation for this action, but I can confirm the touchpad is no longer working and still shows up after I run the "xinput list" command.
      If you want to turn your touchpad back on, the command is "xinput enable X", where X is the device's ID.

I feel like I've achieved something??? It brings me joy lol I kinda wanna try the other distros for the same thing
If anyone ever needs any additional info from me hmu
Last edited by rabidcoyote on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

x
๐•’ ๐•˜๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•”๐•™๐•š๐•๐•• ๐• ๐•— ๐•Š๐•’๐•ฅ๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•™๐•š๐•ž๐•ค๐•–๐•๐•—

ใ€˜ they/them or it/its ใ€™
hopeless sudoku conoisseur, historical ed teach enthusiast, relentless snake booper

Suggestion: Bring back CS contests

rabidcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby banned user » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:40 am

yeah so i was drawing a charaster and i drew her face and that took me likr 40 minutes so i moved on to her legs and then i made that look good i scrolled back up and her face was gone, the stuoid box thing that cuts stuff and tranformed it took her face and idk why so now i have to trdrawthe whole thing i trued pressing undo but it was too far back, I hate this

edit: i didnt even think to try pasting it until after i closed the tab, UGH
I โ™ก debates :3 @bunnymew6428 on discord if you'd like to debate me
ImageImage
I value freedom of speech more than anything in this world
im REALLY into politics
I make dumb drawings and stuff let me know if you want a commsion its super cheep
banned user

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polariie » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 am

hi, sorry but I cant get pen pressure to work? I'm not sure which information is relevant, but I'm on Win10, Chickenpaint V2.0, Opera GX and I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 16.
polariie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:12 am

I never had this problem before but suddenly Oekaki doesnโ€™t work. I use Chibi Paint as I always have. Starting today I got a message I need to install Java, with a link. I clicked the link and downloaded the Java file to my iPad OS 15.6.1 but the file doesnโ€™t install or open even when I click on it. :?

Never-mind, I just needed to change my standard paint to ChickenPaint v 2.0 and then refresh the oekaki and start a new draft.

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search โ˜† Temporary Hiatus โ˜† Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

โ˜† โ˜† โ˜† ImageImage Imageโ˜† โ˜† โ˜†

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riley โ™ฅ » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:51 pm

I thought this was just a regular feature of oekaki, but it was so clunky that I had to ask others about it, and apparently I'm the only one of the people I've asked having this issue.

I get no pen pressure at all on the hard round eraser, it stays the same size no matter how much pressure I use. Pressure on the brush works just fine. I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome on a Windows PC with a Huion tablet.

An additional issue I've been experiencing is that sometimes the keybinds become unreactive until I click inside the oekaki window multiple times. I can't change the brush size, undo, or swap tools with keyboard shortcuts until I click 3-4 times, either with the mouse or tapping quickly with my tablet.
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

โ˜† riley โค she/her โค adult โ˜†
โ˜† art shop โค art gallery โ˜†
โ˜† alikins โค castkitty โ˜†
โ˜† artist for goobies โ˜†

โ˜† design tos โ˜†
โ˜† toyhouse โ˜†
โ˜† oekaki โ˜†

Riley โ™ฅ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pangea T.rex » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:48 pm

hi guys im here for like almost 10 years and i never upload some of my art how can i do?
Pangea T.rex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:11 am

Pangea T.rex wrote:hi guys im here for like almost 10 years and i never upload some of my art how can i do?

You cannot upload anything to the Oekaki. If you would like to share art made off-oekaki, you can do so here!

Art Galleries & Discussion

If you'd like to sell your art:

Art Shops

โ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ,
xxx๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด
โž

xxx
โ€ข call me axel (she/they)
โ€ข adopt a newbie
โ€ข toyhouse
โ€ข listography

axelandria