Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Shaynine wrote:Operating System: Windows 8
Internet Explorer is what I use to get here.

Okay, so the problem I have been getting continuously is that Java is not installed, when it clearly is, and the scripting is enabled. Can anyone help me?

I can't switch to Chrome or Firefox because of certain reasons.

Make sure all previous versions of Java have been uninstalled. Try to also verify your Java. If it comes out positive, then we'll know it's browser related. If it comes out negative, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Java.

I'll try to find some solutions so you won't have to switch browsers, but I can't guarantee anything. :c
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gala-Koi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 pm

((Okay I'll get to your solution later! Thank you!))

...Hi, good morning/
...afternoon/evening!
...Simply call me Gala.
...I like writing, drawing, and
...Ranier cherries. And cats.

...ISTJ/ESTJ | Pisces | lesbian
...My main ships right now are
...mostly mxm or fxf. A plus.
...I'm also into Overwatch,
...Warriors, Star Trek, and
...other fandoms.
...PM me if you want to do
...a 1x1 or to suggest an rp!
Gala-Koi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 am

I've been having this problem for a while now. I've reinstalled java multiple times (first deleting all older versions), restarted my computers, etc, to no avail.

However, this is a bit of a strange case. I went onto the adoptable oekaki forum and it opened a new drawing as it usually should. I doodled a little bit, and closed it for the night to finish later.
The next day I tried re-opening the canvas. The actual New oekaki canvas loaded and worked fine, but as soon as I pressed the saved drawing under it, it freezes. If I close out and try it again, nothing loads at all, not even the blank canvas. This pattern keeps showing up and I'm not sure how to fix it ovo

I use chrome on a windows 7, btw. Thanks for any help!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby umbralhorror » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 am

Well, Im not allowed to uninstall anything without my parents help. And they dont like me playing Chicken Smoothie, because they know nothing of it, but they allow me to play as long as I dont download anything. I might have to ask my brother to help, but me and him are having a row right now, so I dunno if I can do this until a long while later. And, due to school, I can't get on the computer much at all. Homework is killing me x_x. So I might have to hold this off until next summer, but I hope it works then! Thanks for your help!

✦ vector
✦ it/its
✦ dragon enjoyer
umbralhorror

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilysplash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am

Hi! How do you get a transparent background on an Oekaki drawing? Not on the picture, but when posted. ^^
~❀ℒiℓyѕρℓaѕℎ, also known as ℱantaisiℯღ and ❦ℒaℯℓia
Konagona ni Ai, my lovely little one.

ღMy Dяℯαm: {ღ} {ღ} True love...
ღDяℯαmiℯs: 2010 Valentine's PPS Malk Dog, Warrior Cats
ღAcℎiℯvℯd Dяℯαmiℯs:
Image (Thank you, SilverFang 14!)Image (Thank you, Kipasaurus and Dreamie Dashers!!!) Image (Thank you, Rathian and Dreamie Seekers!)
Always, always looking for Warrior cats!
I am a Gifting Weasel Hero! (Though not very good at it.) I have bombed 22 people and have received 22 wonderful, generous bombs! So the cycle goes, making everyone happy! c: I also greatly thank anyone that gave me a dreamie!
Lilysplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 am

Lilysplash wrote:Hi! How do you get a transparent background on an Oekaki drawing? Not on the picture, but when posted. ^^

Make sure you don't have a background (you'll see white and grey squares in the canvas) before you post your drawing. Then right click the drawing, select View Image, and copy the URL. Then change the format=auto to format=png in the link and post it between IMG tags. c:
Code: Select all
 [img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1647591&size=large&format=png&rev=1378320892[/img]

Like that.

Panne, I'll try and list some things to try later on tonight. Sorry I couldn't get to your problem earlier, I wasn't home.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilysplash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 am

DoctorDraca wrote:
Lilysplash wrote:Hi! How do you get a transparent background on an Oekaki drawing? Not on the picture, but when posted. ^^

Make sure you don't have a background (you'll see white and grey squares in the canvas) before you post your drawing. Then right click the drawing, select View Image, and copy the URL. Then change the format=auto to format=png in the link and post it between IMG tags. c:
Code: Select all
 [img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1647591&size=large&format=png&rev=1378320892[/img]

Like that.

Panne, I'll try and list some things to try later on tonight. Sorry I couldn't get to your problem earlier, I wasn't home.

Wow, thanks! ^^
~❀ℒiℓyѕρℓaѕℎ, also known as ℱantaisiℯღ and ❦ℒaℯℓia
Konagona ni Ai, my lovely little one.

ღMy Dяℯαm: {ღ} {ღ} True love...
ღDяℯαmiℯs: 2010 Valentine's PPS Malk Dog, Warrior Cats
ღAcℎiℯvℯd Dяℯαmiℯs:
Image (Thank you, SilverFang 14!)Image (Thank you, Kipasaurus and Dreamie Dashers!!!) Image (Thank you, Rathian and Dreamie Seekers!)
Always, always looking for Warrior cats!
I am a Gifting Weasel Hero! (Though not very good at it.) I have bombed 22 people and have received 22 wonderful, generous bombs! So the cycle goes, making everyone happy! c: I also greatly thank anyone that gave me a dreamie!
Lilysplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:52 am

Panne wrote:I've been having this problem for a while now. I've reinstalled java multiple times (first deleting all older versions), restarted my computers, etc, to no avail.

However, this is a bit of a strange case. I went onto the adoptable oekaki forum and it opened a new drawing as it usually should. I doodled a little bit, and closed it for the night to finish later.
The next day I tried re-opening the canvas. The actual New oekaki canvas loaded and worked fine, but as soon as I pressed the saved drawing under it, it freezes. If I close out and try it again, nothing loads at all, not even the blank canvas. This pattern keeps showing up and I'm not sure how to fix it ovo

I use chrome on a windows 7, btw. Thanks for any help!

Can you try using another browser? Just to see if the problem persists. Because if it's just happening in Chrome, perhaps you might need to update your browser to the newest version to keep up with the newer Java update.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:56 am

It worked on Firefox, but it seems like the problem solved itself ouo;;
Thanks for the help though!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jean. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

How do you get it to work for the Nook HD?

Because Java doesn't wanna seem to work at all for my Nook, yet it's somehow already installed :/

I'd gone to see if I could get this fixed and they called Java Support which suggested using other browser downloads for my Nook.

I tried that and it didn't work :/
Jean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me