Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby nimrod. » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:22 am

new issue that randomly started to occur, everything works fine for me, and when I go to post it I am allowed to type out everything and as soon as I hit submit, it all just disappears and goes to a random oekaki page.

then I try to open up the piece originally (editable, precious art, etc) and it doesn’t give me a way to get to saved art from there. But then if I open an all new entry-way like should still be able to work and try to post through that way, it still does not post.

Literally made art a week or so ago and everything was totally normal
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprig » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 am

nimrod. wrote:
      new issue that randomly started to occur, everything works fine for me, and when I go to post it I am allowed to type out everything and as soon as I hit submit, it all just disappears and goes to a random oekaki page.

then I try to open up the piece originally (editable, precious art, etc) and it doesn’t give me a way to get to saved art from there. But then if I open an all new entry-way like should still be able to work and try to post through that way, it still does not post.

Literally made art a week or so ago and everything was totally normal

This has happened to me randomly several times recently. My solution has been to click the ‘back’ button and resubmit, it’s worked for me so far.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:04 am

Calix wrote:
I think this might be worthy of adding to the first page: I've solved my issue of no pen pressure in chrome; I had to enable windows ink in my wacom tablet settings! Instantly made my pen pressure work for chickenpaint!

This sounds like it would work for me, but I have not been able to find a way to enable windows ink in my settings. Would you mind getting a screen shot of the option?

EDIT
I found the option under "mapping" but it's already been checked. So I'll keep on my search.
Tried chrome and it works fine. It might be a fire fox issue.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Calix wrote:
I think this might be worthy of adding to the first page: I've solved my issue of no pen pressure in chrome; I had to enable windows ink in my wacom tablet settings! Instantly made my pen pressure work for chickenpaint!

This sounds like it would work for me, but I have not been able to find a way to enable windows ink in my settings. Would you mind getting a screen shot of the option?

EDIT
I found the option under "mapping" but it's already been checked. So I'll keep on my search.
Tried chrome and it works fine. It might be a fire fox issue.

I advise you just use Chrome until the problem fixes itself, or a solution is found. I’ll try and install Fire Fox later to see if I run into the problem myself, and if I do, try to find the solution.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tealea » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm

hello! I am having a problem with coloring-in saved drawings that have a hefty amount of layers and it only happens in that scenario because when I draw normally, it does not happen. the layers "shrink" every time I add or remove a layer to the point where there is only the dot (which you click to hide or show the layer) visible but I am unable to click on the layers when that happens. it is making it very difficult to work on designs or anything that I need to edit because the layers are practically disappearing, I would really appreciate any help or knowledge that may help me figure out a solution ;v; <3
Tealea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:27 pm

How long should I wait before reposting my question? ^^ it got stuck at the end of a pave and I'm not sure
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:05 am

My pen pressure on oekaki isn't working with my huion tablet, even though at first it was fine? (I use microsoft edge) How can i restore the pen pressure?
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:40 am

I wish oekaki was a little more tablet and mobile friendly, like just being able to scroll up and down isn't an option for me because it just won't work. Being able to zoom in and out with pinching the screen like other drawing apps would be nice ;w;
I donno, I just wish oekaki was a little more mobile friendly for people who don't own computers like me...
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:19 am

Ever since finally getting the pen pressure working on chicken paint for my Huion1060Pro+ tablet, i have been having this rather odd, glitching going on with the brush strokes.

It is doing this thing where it randomly either puts a full pressure sized blob at the beginning, or end, or even both ends of my lines, or it will skip a bit while starting a brush stroke, leaving me with something that kind of resembles a weird shaped letter i. The thing is, i have to press the undo button twice to completely remove the glitched brush stroke, the first time to remove the larger part of it, and then again to remove the little blobs / dots.

Even with pen pressure turned off i will still occasionally get the skipping at the beginning of my pen strokes. I have tried this experiment in other art programs and everything works flawlessly.

Currently using chicken paint on firefox with windows 10
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 am

J-and-K341 wrote:Ever since finally getting the pen pressure working on chicken paint for my Huion1060Pro+ tablet, i have been having this rather odd, glitching going on with the brush strokes.

It is doing this thing where it randomly either puts a full pressure sized blob at the beginning, or end, or even both ends of my lines, or it will skip a bit while starting a brush stroke, leaving me with something that kind of resembles a weird shaped letter i. The thing is, i have to press the undo button twice to completely remove the glitched brush stroke, the first time to remove the larger part of it, and then again to remove the little blobs / dots.

Even with pen pressure turned off i will still occasionally get the skipping at the beginning of my pen strokes. I have tried this experiment in other art programs and everything works flawlessly.

Currently using chicken paint on firefox with windows 10

i believe chickenpaint has always had some problems with firefox since it was designed with chrome in mind since that's the more popular browser. if you haven't already, try using everything with chrome and see if that has any better results?
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me