Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Painite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:21 am

Are we supposed to be able to have thickness pen pressure? I have pen pressure in the sense that if I press hard on my pen the whole thing is a dark line, and press lightly to get a light line, but unlike Sai or Photoshop, it's the same thickness throughout unless I manually change it. Usually in other programs, lines start thin and get bigger with pressure.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Adult | University Student | Artist | Make Too Many Deez Nuts Jokes| Art by CheruBunny
Painite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:47 am

Aizui wrote:I am using a Intuos 5 graphic tablet and while I can use the pen to click on colors and sizes I cannot draw on the screen at all. It works if my mouse tries to draw a line on the screen. Is there any way to fix this? I am using the Firefox browser and ChickenPaint 2. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue as this. Same browser, issue with both ChickenPaint versions, graphic tablet is just an Intuos (without the 5). Trying to draw on the screen just makes it scroll up and down.

Another problem I have is that the options at the top of the screen appear grayed out until you hover over them. This is both on my computer and on my iPad (running safari).
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:00 am

SkywardtheDragon wrote:
Aizui wrote:I am using a Intuos 5 graphic tablet and while I can use the pen to click on colors and sizes I cannot draw on the screen at all. It works if my mouse tries to draw a line on the screen. Is there any way to fix this? I am using the Firefox browser and ChickenPaint 2. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue as this. Same browser, issue with both ChickenPaint versions, graphic tablet is just an Intuos (without the 5). Trying to draw on the screen just makes it scroll up and down.

Another problem I have is that the options at the top of the screen appear grayed out until you hover over them. This is both on my computer and on my iPad (running safari).

I also had the scroll/not drawing issue on firefox im afraid, I'd definitely consider using another browser like edge or chrome- even if oekaki's all you use it for :(.

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Painite wrote:Are we supposed to be able to have thickness pen pressure? I have pen pressure in the sense that if I press hard on my pen the whole thing is a dark line, and press lightly to get a light line, but unlike Sai or Photoshop, it's the same thickness throughout unless I manually change it. Usually in other programs, lines start thin and get bigger with pressure.

Make sure the little circle next to pen size is selected! That toggles pen pressure on and off :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redpineapple1 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:09 am

Hello, I'm having an issue with my tablet suddenly being unable to make any strokes in ChickenPaint. Any at all. Touch pad works fine. I cleared cache, tried Edge, and restarted laptop. Primary browser is Chrome. I have an XP-PEN Artist 13.3 screen tablet. There has not been a driver update for it since August so I am technically up-to-date. Tablet works fine in Krita.

It was working just fine and then about 5-10 minutes in it stopped working. I'm unsure if Java is still needed but I downloaded it anyway and still nothing.
redpineapple1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asinine » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:32 pm

Ever since I joined CS in 2015 I can not get any pen pressure. lol.
Everythings updated. Tried IE, FireFox, Chrome. Tried the Jtablet. Did the w3c configs. Tried chibi and the chicken one with tons of different settings. Windows Ink is on. Redownloaded. Every few months I keep trying. (years at this point)

All I wanna do is make beautiful adopts but its hard cause no pen pressure lol,,, (cry)
idk what else to do.
K — Male:He/Him — Autistic
Fire Emblem / Enstars / ObeyMe / ORV

Tone indicators help me tremendously! /gen
Image Used To Own All Deer Image
Asinine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asinine » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:01 am

Asinine wrote:Ever since I joined CS in 2015 I can not get any pen pressure. lol.
Everythings updated. Tried IE, FireFox, Chrome. Tried the Jtablet. Did the w3c configs. Tried chibi and the chicken one with tons of different settings. Windows Ink is on. Redownloaded. Every few months I keep trying. (years at this point)

All I wanna do is make beautiful adopts but its hard cause no pen pressure lol,,, (cry)
idk what else to do.

Please?
K — Male:He/Him — Autistic
Fire Emblem / Enstars / ObeyMe / ORV

Tone indicators help me tremendously! /gen
Image Used To Own All Deer Image
Asinine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am

Asinine wrote:Ever since I joined CS in 2015 I can not get any pen pressure. lol.

idk what else to do.

What brand of tablet do you use? I’m not an expert on tablets but knowing that might be able to let others help you better.

Also, is this problem only on Chicken Smoothie’s paint program, or does pen pressure not work anywhere?
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KiraWolf » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm

idk what else to do.

It's funny, I came here for this exact same issue, lol ^^" I'm on a Huion and it works perfectly in Krita, just not ChickenPaint :c
I AM ETERNALLY SCREAMING SEEKING RATS OF ANY KIND<3

♥You Are Loved♥
My WL is at 68 pages!! :o
Need help? Wanna chat? Feel free to PM me =)
KiraWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doreet » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:30 pm

HI, I just wanted to thank the staff on "help"for fixing my login problem. I really appreciate it. I could not really do it myself, but i sent a note to the help staff explaining that the login did not work for me any more and they fixed the login. Yeah, we have a very good help staff,in spite of the big amt. of work they have to do. THANK YOU!!---doreet :D :clap:
This is the best website!
doreet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me