Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby spiffyflypie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Lillianyx wrote:
spiffyflypie wrote:Is it possible to clip to a below layer in oekaki?

Yes! It is an icon that looks like this Image
It's right beside the trashcan to delete a layer.
It allows you to clip to the layer below. ^^

Thanks, but I can't seem to find either icon :O
My webcomic, Teo's Halos

spiffyflypie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillianyx » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm

spiffyflypie wrote:Thanks, but I can't seem to find either icon :O

Would you mind checking your oekaki settings?
You can check your settings here and see what is enabled.

If either chibipaints are selected, that's why you can't see the icons ^^ chibipaint does not have a clipping option
made by Geinkotsu

Lillian/Anyx • s/he/they • adult
ImageImage
Image Image Image

Lillianyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiffyflypie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:01 pm

Lillianyx wrote:
spiffyflypie wrote:Thanks, but I can't seem to find either icon :O

Would you mind checking your oekaki settings?
You can check your settings here and see what is enabled.

If either chibipaints are selected, that's why you can't see the icons ^^ chibipaint does not have a clipping option

Thanks! I had no idea that was a thing.
My webcomic, Teo's Halos

spiffyflypie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xesei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:54 pm

I find oekaki is extremely hard to use in general no matter what I use... is there something I'm missing?

When I try drawing the lines always double up or do this multiple line effect that can't be undone I must reset the page to continue which deletes everything. This happens so often I have given up. I switched back to pc to avoid this but on pc it keeps drifting to the right corner making my lines end in the right corner. The zoom in and out tool and the scrolls are also unresponsive on iPad only~ I have saved oekaki's in the past on my IPad but they never show up when I choose save for later. Decided to move away from it and use procreate but I'm still irritated when I can't join in adopts by editing I must send via pm and draw in another app.

Not sure if these will ever be fixed but at least they have been stated :)
USD Commissions // CS Commissions // Art Trades Open
Hello! I'm Xesei. I draw art for others and buy tons of characters. I don't collect pets for myself anymore but I do accept them as payment for art! Feel free to send me a message about anything!
Friendly but sensitive! I don't mind dms but I'm not the best at keeping a conversation haha ^^
©
Xesei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 pm

Xesei wrote:I find oekaki is extremely hard to use in general no matter what I use... is there something I'm missing?

When I try drawing the lines always double up or do this multiple line effect that can't be undone I must reset the page to continue which deletes everything. This happens so often I have given up. I switched back to pc to avoid this but on pc it keeps drifting to the right corner making my lines end in the right corner. The zoom in and out tool and the scrolls are also unresponsive on iPad only~ I have saved oekaki's in the past on my IPad but they never show up when I choose save for later. Decided to move away from it and use procreate but I'm still irritated when I can't join in adopts by editing I must send via pm and draw in another app.

Not sure if these will ever be fixed but at least they have been stated :)

i'm not sure how to fix your pc problems, but oekaki isn't meant for mobile, which is likely why it doesn't work.
    it took a while for me to get used to drawing with a mouse, but it is possible :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xesei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:28 pm

axelandria wrote:
    i'm not sure how to fix your pc problems, but oekaki isn't meant for mobile, which is likely why it doesn't work.
    it took a while for me to get used to drawing with a mouse, but it is possible :)

Ah thank you :) Guess I'll stick to drawing offsite :D
USD Commissions // CS Commissions // Art Trades Open
Hello! I'm Xesei. I draw art for others and buy tons of characters. I don't collect pets for myself anymore but I do accept them as payment for art! Feel free to send me a message about anything!
Friendly but sensitive! I don't mind dms but I'm not the best at keeping a conversation haha ^^
©
Xesei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:28 am

Using the Gradient tool:

I'm wondering if there is a way to enter hex codes into the color picker in the gradient tool? I haven't been able to find a way, but I figured this is a common feature of color selection so wanted to see if I'm missing something or it isn't part of Chicken Paint 2.0. Thanks!
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:07 am

Taxidea wrote:Using the Gradient tool:

I'm wondering if there is a way to enter hex codes into the color picker in the gradient tool? I haven't been able to find a way, but I figured this is a common feature of color selection so wanted to see if I'm missing something or it isn't part of Chicken Paint 2.0. Thanks!

I don't believe there is, unfortunately.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Wed May 05, 2021 2:22 pm

hey Im having an issue with the scroll bar on the layers. I cant scroll if I have windows ink enabled but if I disable it I cant use pen pressure....does anyone know if theres a way to fix this? I swear it worked fine before but My drivers were also out of date and I noticed I had 0 pen pressure due to it so idk if that was why or what. its very annoying ;-;

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 am

Hi,
I've had trouble getting the pressure on my tablet to work for many years now ... I thought I would be able to solve it by buying a new tablet that actually would work to install on my computer (my old one was much too old to even be possible to install when I got a new computer a few years ago).

So yesterday I bought a Wacom Intuos. I have installed it and it works wonders together with my Photoshop for example. I have tried both versions of ChickenPaint and the ChibiPainter, but the pressure sensitivity still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? I've cleared my cache and re-booted my computer and the browser many times while switching between the different settings.
I use an iMac with macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6
And I use Safari, version 13.1.2
Within the ChickenPaint as I look it up in the tablet support-popup; it says that macOS has built in support for most tablets (and seeing Wacom is one of the largest producers of tablets, I figured they'd have support for it in browsers). At the bottom of the popup there's a green field saying that "Your browser has built-in support for drawing tablets!"

I'd really love to get some help with what I should do. I really enjoy the ChickenPaint due to my anxiety being a lot more stable and not making me have such high demands on myself - as I get while using other programs to paint digitally with.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me