Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby sicknasty » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:00 am

ok, this is a really weird problem:
using oekaki on safari, the pencil tool will not work? the pen, airbrush, etc, all work fine, but when i try to draw with penicl nothing appears. i've switched from chickenpaint 2.0 to 1.0 and it still doesn't work. have also tried refreshing, restarting my browser, and am going to try it on chrome. any ideas?
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 pm

sicknasty wrote:ok, this is a really weird problem:
using oekaki on safari, the pencil tool will not work? the pen, airbrush, etc, all work fine, but when i try to draw with penicl nothing appears. i've switched from chickenpaint 2.0 to 1.0 and it still doesn't work. have also tried refreshing, restarting my browser, and am going to try it on chrome. any ideas?

im having the same problem! it won't let me use the pencil tool, pen writes/draws but won't change size, and I don't know what others work besides fill tool. I have switched to all the different versions and it still doesn't work! Any of my unfinished art pieces, it won't let me do anything with them(adding on/fixing up/finishing/etc. it will let me open them but nothing more). I can't get chrome because im on a school computer and they have almost EVERYTHING blocked! Its really upsetting me as I love art and would like to continue to do it on here, but I can't with the way its acting. ive tried refreshing page, restarting my computer and it still doesn't work!
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝔹𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕌𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔a𝕟 𝕓𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ ❝𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙, 𝕀 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕟𝕖.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗

☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜 <3
𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝐷𝑒𝑘𝑢, 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑆ℎ𝑒/𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑑!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓!
𝑆ℎ𝑒𝑧𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑒 (𝑎𝑘𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑦) 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠: 𝐴𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑃𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑎
𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟,
𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑔𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑝ℎ𝑦, 𝑀𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑦𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠, 𝐴𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑒𝑡𝑐.
𝐷𝑚 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑊𝐼𝑃
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
✨😌' D
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | 🛢
⚓︎ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link

╚═══════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
Deku_is_best_boi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viiperfang » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 am

[ What i'm using ]
Intuos Pen and Touch Medium
—6.3.37-2

Google Chrome

Windows 8

[ Problems ]
Whenever I draw I cannot see my cursor. It just disappears, making it hard for me to find out where and what I am drawing. This does not happen with a mouse.

I cannot scroll using the sidebars, it just drags the entire screen up and down, not just the canvas.
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Floofi.fox » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:00 pm

This isn’t really a problem but more of a question. I have a art program on my phone called ibis paint and I’m really comfortable with it. I was wondering if maybe I could put the art on my app to the oekaki? If I can, please tell me how! :D

Thanks for your time!
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
floof | she/her | college student | FREE PALESTINE
feel free to send trades! I'm online quite a bit.
I also make some pretty rad adopts on here sometimes 👀
🌿🌿🌿
Floofi.fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:20 pm

@Apple/Safari users:
It appears that Apple's latest update broke something. As far as we know, other than changing to something else (ie: if you're using Safari, use a different browser instead), there's no fix other than waiting until they come out with an update that fixes the pen pressure and how the tools are read.

@Disappearing cursors:
... It's happening with me, too, and I've no idea how to fix it, either. I've messed with my settings, but no luck yet. Still experimenting, here.

cvsbxk wrote:This isn’t really a problem but more of a question. I have a art program on my phone called ibis paint and I’m really comfortable with it. I was wondering if maybe I could put the art on my app to the oekaki? If I can, please tell me how! :D

Thanks for your time!

No, sorry, only art drawn directly onto the Oekaki canvas can be posted to the Oekaki. You can upload your art on an image hosting website, though, and share it in the main board's Art Galleries board.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 am

just got a brand new graphics tablet, and found that i can't draw in oekaki with it. i can draw with the mouse and with my non-graphics Intuos pen tablet, but oekaki won't even register the touch of the pen when i'm inside the drawing space with my new pro. i can click on tools, i just can't actually draw. any thoughts?

tools being used
    tablet: xp-pen artist 15.6 pro
    browser: google chrome
    operating system: windows 10
    oekaki: chickenpaint v.2

i've tried switching oekaki settings, and none of the versions of chickenpaint/chibipaint make a difference. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, too.
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eastwoodchamp » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:18 am

Snapping up this form cause I love how orderly it is to describe my issue ^_^
[ what i'm using ]
• tablet: cintiq
• browser: firefox [latest version]
• operating system: windows 10
• oekaki: chicken paint

[ issues ]
• pen drags the browser (scrolls up and down page) instead of connecting with chicken paint

[ how i've tried to fix it ]
• checking Firefox compatibility (compatible)
• turning off my mouse (since latest update my cintiq confuses my mouse with the pen tool)
• restarting my computer
• browsing Wacom settings from pen tool

My solutions haven't worked so far.

Is there an option in Firefox or on my Wacom utility that I might be missing?
I tried using my right pen click for settings but that was a dead end too. :/
eastwoodchamp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea... » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 pm

I can't find my saved drawing! I'm sure I saved it! I even got to copied image of it. Then I couldn't find it later, then the copyed version turned into another one of my drawings that wasn't even on the same canvas! Can I get it back??

Also I drew it with my phone if that helps.
Imageart shop for C$ //art shop for pets I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nejira » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:03 am

Pen pressure doesn't work for me. (It works fine in Sai and Photoshop)

I usually use chrome, but I also tried Opera and FireFox but to no avail.
Intuos3, driver is the latest available one.
operating system is Windows 7 professional.

I tried all versions and combinations of Chicken/Chibi paint and browsers and reinstalled JTablet, but it doesn't work.

If there is anything else I can try or if there's any more information that is needed to solve this I'd love to know!
Nejira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i<3 wolves678 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:01 am

I doubt this is an issue that has any solution, but I thought I’d come here to voice an issue I’ve been facing anyway.
I rarely use the oekaki boards anymore, because I always draw digitally using my iPad, which while ChickenPaint does support, is far from optimized for.

I like a good challenge with my art sometimes though, I like to see how far I can get with drawing on programs I am either not accustomed to or aren’t as well optimized for my device. Unfortunately, I think due to the IPadOS update, the oekaki boards are now essentially rendered completely unusable. If I try to zoom in (on the iPad I’d usually have to use the outside of the page or else it would just draw weird zigzags across the screen, and there’s no way to zoom in on the canvas properly without it being far too big or small) it now just thinks I’m drawing when I zoom, and I get stuck making incomplete lines that cannot be undone because the program thinks I am still drawing said line.

Apologies if that made like zero sense, I’m not entirely sure how to explain it.
It’s not a huge deal, I don’t have to use oekaki, I just thought it might be fun to try and use it again.
Hopefully in the future there may be more optimization for mobile devices, but I understand there’s a lot more important things with the program and website that need to be focused on first.

Edit: went to try again just now to make sure it wasn’t just my iPad being weird that day, and while the problem still persists it’s now doing something even weirder. It lags out whenever I try to draw at all, and no matter what size the brush is set to, it always shows up as the smallest setting.

Again, not a huge deal, oekaki isn’t even that optimized in the slightest for this device and I never used it much for that reason, but just something that’s kinda rendered it basically unusable now.
    *•—————————•*.
    Hey!! I’m i<3 wolves678,
    but you can call me Tiny.

I’m an aspiring artist and
    amateur animator who mainly
    focuses on creating fan content.
    My interests include
    Deltarune, Undertale, FNAF,
    Super paper Mario, NITW,
    Lemon Demon,
    and more I can’t be asked
    to list lol