Pet & Item Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm

this spoon Image doesn't show up under summer events with the other beach event items. The other spoon and everything else does but the only way to find this one is by looking thru all items or 'held in mouth' category.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brigitte Lindholm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:15 am

Maybe i'm a little ignorant of the process but why are at least four already grown dogs not added? A dog that was fully grown after these ones have been added instead.

ImageImageImageImage

I'm not including the one that grew up today in this list either.
I'm trying to keep up with which ones i'm missing but it seems like they're not being added to the archive?
Brigitte Lindholm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:46 am

PocketSable wrote:Maybe i'm a little ignorant of the process but why are at least four already grown dogs not added? A dog that was fully grown after these ones have been added instead.

ImageImageImageImage

I'm trying to keep up with which ones i'm missing but it seems like they're not being added to the archive?

Normally this would be strange, you're right. The staff litters are treated a little differently from all other litters when it comes to getting added to the archives, though. Staff and users like participating in a game of guessing which outcome belongs to whom, so "unclaimed" grown outcomes are usually not added until they've been claimed.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am

nickjr wrote:
PocketSable wrote:Maybe i'm a little ignorant of the process but why are at least four already grown dogs not added? A dog that was fully grown after these ones have been added instead.

ImageImageImageImage

Normally this would be strange, you're right. The staff litters are treated a little differently from all other litters when it comes to getting added to the archives, though. Staff and users like participating in a game of guessing which outcome belongs to whom, so "unclaimed" grown outcomes are usually not added until they've been claimed.

An unclaimed dog has been added without an artist, though, so if that one was added why haven't these four been?
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sage. » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm

if you sort the pet archive by cats and go to 2010 hanukah, a dog and a butterfly wolf appear, even though they're obviously not cats
i only use this site for oekaki and forums
sage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Cinnabun. wrote:if you sort the pet archive by cats and go to 2010 hanukah, a dog and a butterfly wolf appear, even though they're obviously not cats

This is normal. Since they were released as one litter, they do not get separated when you try to search for only cats. If they were released as seperate litters, then the cat would come up alone. c:

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sage. » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:55 am

Kaizoku wrote:
Cinnabun. wrote:if you sort the pet archive by cats and go to 2010 hanukah, a dog and a butterfly wolf appear, even though they're obviously not cats

This is normal. Since they were released as one litter, they do not get separated when you try to search for only cats. If they were released as seperate litters, then the cat would come up alone. c:

ah, ok !
i only use this site for oekaki and forums
sage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am

Pyromaniacal wrote:
nickjr wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

An unclaimed dog has been added without an artist, though, so if that one was added why haven't these four been?

This is a really late reply, sorry. I haven't been participating in the guessing game, so I don't know which staff member's unclaimed dog went into the archives, but I do know that in previous years, sometimes there's a staff member or two who don't actively participate in the game and their outcome gets added to the archives without the staff member explicitly claiming it. I assume that that staff member probably let the archivist know in advance that it's okay to put up their outcome once it's grown.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am

nickjr wrote:This is a really late reply, sorry. I haven't been participating in the guessing game, so I don't know which staff member's unclaimed dog went into the archives, but I do know that in previous years, sometimes there's a staff member or two who don't actively participate in the game and their outcome gets added to the archives without the staff member explicitly claiming it. I assume that that staff member probably let the archivist know in advance that it's okay to put up their outcome once it's grown.

Yeah, pretty annoying all the (6 at the moment I think) missing Staff Dogs in the Archive... :thumbdown:

I can understand the Designers don't want to disclose their Name yet, OK, fair enough..., but that shouldn't prevent the Pets from being added to the Archive (without Name) like it's the case for one. (That one is Perfect...! :thumbup: )

(And seeing a few Pets in the Archive without a Name even works "motivating" for "new Players" for that 'Guess Game', thinking "Oh-oh...!, I think I have some good idea who may have made that one, let's go and check the Guess Game...")

The main Function of the Archive during the first days/weeks that Pets are released is to be able to put Pets on our WL when trying to find Trades/Swaps for the missing ones... :D

It's a complete "Detective's Work" otherwise to find out which ones we are missing and if other Players have some for Trade..., and the 'Outcomes Thread' is often also only updated after 24h/48h.. (One is still missing at this moment, 22 hours after it grew...)

=> I also hope all those Staff Dogs get quickly added to the Archive... :ugeek:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:24 am

The newer free items found by where you can buy the store pets. (fruit & blender) Shows up in holidays & Events under CS Birthday.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me