Help? Adopting UR zebras?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Help? Adopting UR zebras?

Postby Aliria » Fri May 24, 2019 11:20 am

Staff usually don't release official numbers for things like zebra rates. The number 1 in 40,000 gets thrown around from time to time, but I doubt it's actually correct.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Durnehviir » Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am

Aliria wrote:Staff usually don't release official numbers for things like zebra rates. The number 1 in 40,000 gets thrown around from time to time, but I doubt it's actually correct.

Durnehviir wrote:
    But here a thread for ur pets and zebras! Hopefully this may answer your questions based on the zebra and any confusion you may have as well.

click

Thats the same number that is listed there on the thread for those who were wondering. We are unsure of how accurate that number is but there is no reason for it to have changed either.
Durnehviir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri May 24, 2019 11:43 am

As others mentioned, I really doubt any exact numbers will be given, the admins have always been clear that they do not indeed to give out the exact number of pets on CS (in terms of, like, the exact number of a specific pet, like saying how many plains zebras there are on the site) and this would probably fall into that category.

That said I also wanted to mention that it has not always been possible to adopt the zebras from horse litters. It was for a while when they were first released, and at a certain point that was stopped and they were no longer released through monthly litters. It was eventually brought back and (as far as I know) they are still actively being released in monthly litters (granted at an extremely small probability of adopting one). But just to be clear that they have not /always/ been released that way and there was a period in which they were not which should be factored in. I know someone dug up the dates at one point though I don't have them on hand at the moment, I could probably find them with some digging.

edit; found a post where I'd talked about it some here and ZEL added some clarification as well;
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3441353&p=115411055#p115411055
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am

1 in 40,000 was the official number from 2009, when zebras were first released (I can find a post later, maybe). That number may have changed after the period Celozon mentioned when zebras weren’t being released

By the way zebras aren’t URs :’D every time I see someone say UR zebra I cry a little lol don’t mind me

Edit: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33829&p=929709&hilit=40%2C000#p929709
(Moonflight is a retired staff member and was staff at the time of this post)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me