Username Reserving?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Username Reserving?

Postby originals » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 am

I'm just a third person in this situation, but here's the story.
Someone used to have username Xyz, then changed to Abc. Later, Jkl changed their username to Xyz. Abc had "Please don't steal Xyz" in really small font in their username, and hadn't used the name in forever. Should Xyz change their username back to Jkl, or can they keep it? Thanks!
originals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Username Reserving?

Postby blueshadowmoon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am

Once you change your username you have no rights to it. You can't have control over two or more usernames. But if someone changed their user and was pretending to be someone that's when they can get in trouble.
99.9% of girls would faint if Twilight ended.
If you're the 0.1% that would say "Avatar
the last airbender is better!" put this in your
signature.

EagleClan (A semi-semi-lit RP)
Who is Mocking?
Innocent. Victimized.
Misunderstood. Abandoned.
Betrayed.

Selfish. Rude.
Inconsiderate. Evil.

~Mocking
~Saffron
Note to self:
Go on Howrse
and Ailouros later.

99.99% of kids who pass around chain letters saying they would kill a popular musician/actor/celebrity or encourage said person to kill themselves would not be able to do it. In fact they make themselves look like heartless little monsters and not edgy speshul snowflakes by passing around a meaningless chain letter. Copy and paste this is you want to buy into an asinine trend." - Rainbow Dash
Want to find out who Mocking is for yourself?
I need more candy from Halloween 2012. Feel free to send a trade if you have any extras!
I made it through Sandy! Hopefully the people where Sandy's at right now are staying safe,
blueshadowmoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubiza » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am

Once somebody's changed their username they can't own it, so it is free to be used by anybody, as long as they are not pretending to be that person. If somebody has that had that much of an issue with somebody using a username then they shouldn't change it in the first place.

Ninja'd

hello yes there's some pretty awesome bunnies which have instruments which i basically want to hoard so please send trades with them in/easter eggs thank you!

trades fanfiction muse fanclub contest roleplay tumblr paperclip

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bubiza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tawny224 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am

Just to sum up what those people said (xD) you can not own a username, so if I changed my username to Vendetta, and somebody took Tawny224 while I had changed it, I couldn't get mad at that person and be like 'you can't use my username'. You give up all rights to it, so I think your friend should go for it and change it back.
Tawny224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:01 pm

You can't take a username unless it's not currently being used. So if it's not being used then no-one else currently owns it and no regular members can tell you that you can't have it. If a member is trying to force you to change your username, report them to staff.

However if the username was taken for the sole purpose of annoying the previous user or pretending to be that user, then they could get into trouble. Similarly if the username is somehow inappropriate or offensive then you might be made to pick a different username.

If someone feels so strongly about keeping their username, they shouldn't be changing it to something else in the first place.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me