Sharing the same computer...?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Sharing the same computer...?

Postby Joe Kerr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Me and my mom share the same computer, and trade sometimes. We share multiple computers, actually. There's Mom's iPhone (We both use) My iPod (we both use) Mom's huge ac computer (we both use) Mom's laptop (we both use) and my laptop (I only use). I was wondering if this was a problem, and if we should each go on our own computers. I really don't want to get banned, and neither does Mom. If the Mod's need a little more info they can ask my through PM's :) I'm fully willing to tell them everything that will let them know that each of us are different people, and that we don't use each of our accounts to get more of the monthly pets :) Thanks a lot guys!

P.S My Mom's username is AliceRosette :)
desperately seeking a long-standing
dreamie, willing to overpay to a degree
or pay in c$
Joe Kerr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sharing the same computer...?

Postby Joe Kerr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Still need an answer :/
desperately seeking a long-standing
dreamie, willing to overpay to a degree
or pay in c$
Joe Kerr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chasing Starlight » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm

This shouldn't be a problem, many users just post it in their signature that they share a computer with a certain user
Chasing Starlight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowRose17 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm

That's not even necessary, if I remember right.

Quoting from FAQs-
-Firestar- wrote:My sister/friend/brother uses my computer. I see that scary message whenever we trade. Will we get banned?
As long as they are two separate people, you can trade all you want so long as there are not too many one sided trades.

There seems to be a misconception that people need to announce who shares a computer by putting: "My sister uses this computer so don't ban me" in their sig file. The truth is, mods and admins don't care. Trade history speaks louder than words so don't bother.

As long as you're not gifting frequently, or trading unfairly, it shouldn't be a problem. If you give each other pets/trade unfairly, though, there could be. That's what they look for.

Hope this helps. =)
ShadowRose17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuike » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 am

ShadowRose17 is correct.
Messages in signatures don't do anything, staff doesn't look at them (sometimes they are even removed), as long as you trade fairly and neither account is basically only benefiting another account, it's fine.
Ask me anything on Formspring
Extraordinaly beautiful signature pic made by CHIA BBY <3
Tuike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me